Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
You have to remember that by 3300rpm you are on full boost, at that point your throttle and wastegate are controlling the turbo speed so it maintains requested load, so freeing the exhaust will not make more power since you will be limited by the tune to the same load, what you will get is faster spool, we tested the stock exhaust vs no exhaust with the NX2 and went from 12.0@114 to 11.8@115, most of the difference was just on 1st gear where the car was spooling, after that it will maintain boost so no extra power on the top end or under the curve after you are full boost.
yup...
Sponsored

Miadhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang EcoBoost
It's finally warm (aka consistently above the freezing point) here! I can resume data logging, I've taken the car on a couple trips and have 1000+ miles and even on an unfinished tune this car and turbo kit has been great.

rvercitypony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford mustang Ecoboost
I guess I could use the datalogs that I sent to Adam. Unfortunately I only have datalogs before the final tune, so I cannot use those to compare the before and after setup, as I don’t know what changes were made to the final tune.
MakStang, I see you have an upgraded head gasket in your build. Is the necessary or a priority when adding an upgraded turbo like the one you installed?

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
MakStang, I see you have an upgraded head gasket in your build. Is the necessary or a priority when adding an upgraded turbo like the one you installed?
Start at post 84

OP
OP
MakStang

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
I would recommend that...

Sponsored

Hinzel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost
at a certain point, is it not worth the cost of just upgrading the bottom end if you are getting gaskets and studs done as well? especially if you are dropping in a bigger turbo and would like to use it to its full potential

gotta figure the labor costs are pretty high. yes, i realize you got yours done under warranty which is awesome. but for those who would be paying out of pocket

Hellman109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible (See my garage)
Vehicle Showcase
at a certain point, is it not worth the cost of just upgrading the bottom end if you are getting gaskets and studs done as well?
The headgasket and headbolts are a known weak point. For the bottom end the weak point is Cylinder 2 and 3's walls. Some have used re-enforcements to those to try and help, but the general consensus is to build on a closed deck 2.0 block and bore it to 2.3l and go from there.

There's also at least one person here whos replaced the head bolts without lifing the head by doing one bolt at a time. No idea if thats a good way to do it, but thats what they have done.

Hellman109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible (See my garage)
Vehicle Showcase
OK so my tune is finally finished because I stopped slacking off sending in logs, and seeing as though some didnt like my mid revision stuff I posted a couple of pages ago.

Same disclaimer as before, these are from logs I sent to my tuner, and put in Virtual dyno, they are not from a real dyno, however the stock one matches basically what I got on an actual dyno.

Both are the same, just one in KW/NM and one in HP/FTLB.

See my garage for mods, the biggest limit is that my intercooler now heat soaks on the new turbo but didnt before, charge temps feel higher then they should be most of the time as a result and will be my next performance mod, maybe before or after E30 (however, E30 allows you to advance timing, and higher charge temps lower it, hence I might just wait). Im also on the stock downpipe, but trying to decide on what I do exhaust wise overall.

Im selling my house and moving soon so car mods are on the back burner until them (now a track day is booked... and maybe a dyno day haha)
StockVsNX2.jpg
StockVsNX2AU.jpg

OP
OP
MakStang

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
That is great info!

Miadhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang EcoBoost
Here's an update on my experience:

I changed out the lowside fuel pressure sensor as a precaution, asked my tuner beforehand and he agreed it was a good idea. I had a purge valve related CEL pop up, I cleared it and it never came back. Just to be safe I had my local Ford dealer replace it and they took care of it under warranty no questions asked.

With warm weather arriving where I live I've finally been able to do some more data logging, and this week have completed 3 more revisions from PD Tuning. The turbo spools up a lot quicker than the earlier revisions and it pulls all the way to the top of the power band. Each time I think it can't get better and I'm always wrong!

Sponsored
OP
OP
MakStang

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
I don’t know how I was driving the car so far without this turbo on. It’s a totally different experience!

dausmus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost PP
There's also at least one person here whos replaced the head bolts without lifing the head by doing one bolt at a time. No idea if thats a good way to do it, but thats what they have done.
Anybody know who did this? I'm looking at doing the same....just wanted to know how difficult this would be. Obviously easier than pulling the whole head i would assume.

mJolnir

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang
Did some work this weekend, the car is a a6 2015, obb intake and itecooler, o/r downpipe, borla noisiest exhaust and 50/50 water/meth, all on 100octane fuel
WhatsApp Image 2019-05-09 at 9.21.51 AM.jpeg

it was 428whp @ 31 psi, couldnt get torque readings but it should be around 450 at the wheels

Hinzel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost
Did some work this weekend, the car is a a6 2015, obb intake and itecooler, o/r downpipe, borla noisiest exhaust and 50/50 water/meth, all on 100octane fuel
WhatsApp Image 2019-05-09 at 9.21.51 AM.jpeg

it was 428whp @ 31 psi, couldnt get torque readings but it should be around 450 at the wheels
nicely done. is this on the factory block?
Sponsored