• ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are REQUIRED to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

Texas Sold

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Nice he started a completely different thread without informing me lol
This guy is such a fucking loser. He knows exactly what he did, and he did it on purpose. he even admitted to using the cheapest possible option after quoting me for a more expensive one.
Are you forgetting that you decided the items were worth what you agreed to pay? Nobody would believe for a second you would not have done the deal if he had told you the shipping was $30 less but the total was the exact same $165.

The original post quoted $150 plus shipping. That is within a buck or two of what you actually paid: $150 plus the actual shipping. You feel you got taken. Maybe you did BUT you were happy with the price. You made the bed. Sleep in it. Learn from it. Would you be picketing your Ford dealer if you just found out the dealer paid Ford less for the car than you thought he did? In both cases you agreed what you got was worth what you paid. End of story.

If I was the seller and I actually did think I was getting much less than I did after shipping, I sure as hell wouldn't open a can of worms by telling the world if I wasn't willing to reimburse some of the windfall.

Wile-E Coyote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red GT PP
Are you forgetting that you decided the items were worth what you agreed to pay? Nobody would believe for a second you would not have done the deal if he had told you the shipping was $30 less but the total was the exact same $165.

The original post quoted $150 plus shipping. That is within a buck or two of what you actually paid: $150 plus the actual shipping. You feel you got taken. Maybe you did BUT you were happy with the price. You made the bed. Sleep in it. Learn from it.

If I was the seller and I actually did think I was getting much less than I did after shipping, I sure as hell wouldn't open a can of worms by telling the world if I wasn't willing to reimburse some of the windfall.
even if that was true what the fuck does that matter? HE WENT TO THE STORE AND GOT AN EXACT QUOTE AND THEN LIED ABOUT IT, WHAT ABOUT THAT ARE YOU NOT FUCKING UNDERSTANDING?

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
you need to do some math. I OFFERED him 165 INCLUDING the 47 dollar shipping charge for the item he wanted 150 for. 165 minus 47 is 118 dollars plus 17 dollars shipping is 135. He took my 165+ 60% of the paypal fees for 135 dollars worth of merchandise. Do you understand now why i have a problem with the transaction?
Nope, but I'm starting to see who the whiner is here. I'm pretty sure based upon what I've seen, I'd buy from the seller, but I'd be damned if I'd sell you anything. In all fairness, I hope the extractors arrive in good condition, and they work out for you.

Cheers!

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
even if that was true what the fuck does that matter? HE WENT TO THE STORE AND GOT AN EXACT QUOTE AND THEN LIED ABOUT IT, WHAT ABOUT THAT ARE YOU NOT FUCKING UNDERSTANDING?
Hope it makes more sense when the red mist clears.

Wile-E Coyote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red GT PP
I like how you guys are OK with lying about costs of items before offers are made and then switching them to cheaper ones once money has been received. I did nothing but be polite and send him money until he fucked me over, you fuck me over and you will hear about it.

ChromaticGrey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Grey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP1
You agreed to 165 shipped. That is what you paid. He shipped it. I don't see a problem here. You didn't agree to "x" price for item plus "y" for shipping. You agreed to 165 shipped. Get it? If you did not like that price, you should not have agreed to the transaction.

I honestly think you are overreacting.

sw686blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red Mustang GT PP
Looks like the buyer offered $165 shipped based on the seller saying that shipping was $47. It actually cost the seller $17 to ship.

I personally don't think that it is cool that the seller pocketed $30 when shipping was a lot less.

OP
OP
LeagueRacing

LeagueRacing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
That Guy
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium PP Magnetic Metal
Looks like the buyer offered $165 shipped based on the seller saying that shipping was $47. It actually cost the seller $17 to ship.

I personally don't think that it is cool that the seller pocketed $30 when shipping was a lot less.
Didn't pocket anything.

he offered $165 assuming the shipping was $37+ (trying to make me eat some cost)

He then said PayPal usually doesn't charge more than a few $ and he quoted $4.50

Since my post indicated I was not willing to pay any fee (not in a hurry to sell) I added his quote to the $165 offer which gives us $169.50

Now shipping ended up being cheaper as there were options (1st class) not listed online. And let me say I never went to the damn office for a quote, shit was not that serious and I'd rather have had a local deal. A week later, after no contact he gives me a $165 offer. I was there ready to pay when I mentioned cheapest possible...that's when the clerk said wait a minute, I can help you there.

Now, back to that shipping cost
$169.50 in hand ($19.50 in shipping and fees, $150 for the parts)

PayPal fee was $7.xx
Shipping was $17.25
=$24 (rounding down)
$169.50 - $174 = $4.50 (rounded) which I paid no problem

So yeah, no windfall, this guy is mad because he was trying to work a deal when no where in my post did it say these fees were negotiable. I got lucky that I didn't have to pay the $37 or more in shipping.

I ignored him on my profile though and honestly want to just walk away and only do local deals from now on. It is what it is, he will feel like an asshole when they arrive at his door.

Wile-E Coyote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red GT PP

This is the only person that understands how math and bartering work.

All of you other people need to get your heads out of your collective asses.

ChromaticGrey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Grey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP1
This is the only person that understands how math and bartering work.

All of you other people need to get your heads out of your collective asses.
How bartering works. Agree on a price and complete transaction.
"I'll pay you this much, do you accept?"
"Yes, in exchange for how much you have offered, I will sell and ship you item."
"Great, cant wait for item to arrive. If it's in the condition i saw in pictures i will be happy."

I have no idea how much it costs to ship things to other countries. Once you agree to a shipped price of 165, who gives a shit how much it cost to ship, as long as it isn't media mail and taking 3 weeks to get to you?. If he went and got a different price in person fine, he doesn't ship things to Canada as a business why would he know the prices that wern't posted online. What was he supposed to do, drive to the post office, get real price, drive home, check with you, then drive back and ship. No, he's doing the foot work to get an item to your door.

I would only do business with one of you based on this thread.

Wile-E Coyote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red GT PP
How bartering works. Agree on a price and complete transaction.
"I'll pay you this much, do you accept?"
"Yes, in exchange for how much you have offered, I will sell and ship you item."
"Great, cant wait for item to arrive. If it's in the condition i saw in pictures i will be happy."

I have no idea how much it costs to ship things to other countries. Once you agree to a shipped price of 165, who gives a shit how much it cost to ship, as long as it isn't media mail and taking 3 weeks to get to you?. If he went and got a different price in person fine, he doesn't ship things to Canada as a business why would he know the prices that wern't posted online. What was he supposed to do, drive to the post office, get real price, drive home, check with you, then drive back and ship. No, he's doing the foot work to get an item to your door.

I would only do business with one of you based on this thread.
The one thing you keep failing to note is that he knew how much shipping was and lied to me about it to get more money. That is the shady shit going on. Please learn to read before posting gibberish.

ChromaticGrey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Grey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP1
The one thing you keep failing to note is that he knew how much shipping was and lied to me about it to get more money. That is the shady shit going on. Please learn to read before posting gibberish.
He didn't know until he was there, we can only go by what is said. You agreed to 165 shipped, no gibberish here.

At the end of the day i hope you enjoy the parts, and forget about the hassle that went along with getting them.

Wile-E Coyote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red GT PP
He didn't know until he was there, we can only go by what is said. You agreed to 165 shipped, no gibberish here.

At the end of the day i hope you enjoy the parts, and forget about the hassle that went along with getting them.

You still dont understand. He went there in person and got the quote from them in person. He then lied about that quote before I offered him anything.