Sponsored

2018-2019 Ford Performance Ecoboost Tune Released

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
Www.levittownfordparts.com

1 x Ford Performance Mustang EcoBoost Performance Calibration (M-9603-M4C) = $402.50
Plus whatever UPS ground shipping costs to your local.
They threw in a Ford t shirt.
41AE6C76-7BA1-4BAD-8340-181B459ABD2D.jpeg
Levittown still the place to beat? Now throwing in a new shirt? That is cool... I'd buy from them just for the shirt.
Sponsored

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
It's so tempting to go this route, thank God I have other more pressing needs on my car that are preventing me from buying this.

Cxp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB app
I contacted FP over chat and they aren’t sure but it’s possible high temps may slow the learning process for the tune. I did a bunch of highway driving so I don’t think it’s learned yet. The tune is accelerated with WOT which I have not done much of. I’ll get on it.

Side note, this morning 77F on my way to work, man does the car shift smooth and pull hard. A big difference is low end power and when the A10 shifts around 45mph you get another big throw back in your seat type of feeling. Very nice :)

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
I contacted FP over chat and they aren’t sure but it’s possible high temps may slow the learning process for the tune. I did a bunch of highway driving so I don’t think it’s learned yet. The tune is accelerated with WOT which I have not done much of. I’ll get on it.

Side note, this morning 77F on my way to work, man does the car shift smooth and pull hard. A big difference is low end power and when the A10 shifts around 45mph you get another big throw back in your seat type of feeling. Very nice :)
I was gonna say to go to flag buy given the elevation difference that may not be helpful.

stratocaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost

Yes, I noticed the smoother shifting transmission as well. I also wonder if there was some fiddling with the traction control. With the added power there *appears* to be some added traction. But this is total speculation on my part.

And yes, I mentioned in a prior post that at 45 when I stomp on it it will/can chirp the tires. And your head gets thrown back in the seat.

I have about 150 miles on my tune now. Haven't had another knock since that first day. But I haven't done WOT from a standing start since then. If that doesn't cause a knock then I think my knocking issues will be behind me.

Sponsored

Mach VII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401A, 1989 Lincoln Mk VII LSC
Levittown still the place to beat? Now throwing in a new shirt? That is cool... I'd buy from them just for the shirt.
It seems that they have raised their price to $459.54 + shipping though I know of a 5% of coupon that drops that to $436.56 + shipping. Maybe Tasca is cheaper?

OP
OP
ChaoticFury09

ChaoticFury09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium (Automatic - Magnetic)
Sorry for not chiming in sooner. I have put about 1000 miles since I had the tune installed. I have not experienced a knock as of yet and I am still happy with it. I am running 93 since the price difference is so minimal between 91-93.

Cxp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB app
After driving this car for 650 miles on the tune, I would not consider an Ecoboost without it. Not an option. This car goes immediately when you want it to, all in all much more fun.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
After driving this car for 650 miles on the tune, I would not consider an Ecoboost without it. Not an option. This car goes immediately when you want it to, all in all much more fun.
Stop making me want to buy more stuff! Stop it. It's rude and uncalled for.

Cxp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB app
That’s code for please push me over the edge so I do it :)

Sponsored

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
That’s code for please push me over the edge so I do it :)
No it's not lol. I swear it's not haha. I need lowering springs, camber plates, tires, a proper alignment and a catch can first. After all of that then maybe. I am really trying to do proper supporting mods first.

Cxp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB app
No it's not lol. I swear it's not haha. I need lowering springs, camber plates, tires, a proper alignment and a catch can first. After all of that then maybe. I am really trying to do proper supporting mods first.
I definitely feel better with the FP catch can on (driver side). I think that’s a good idea to have before the tune. The tune + ATM encourages sporty driving :)

stratocaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
I need to agree with Cxp. It's a different car. Quite frankly, if it had any more power I don't think you could take advantage of it anywhere other than the track without getting in trouble too quickly. I think it's the perfect power for having fun on the street. And while this is considered a mild tune...it's plenty for me.

On the "knocking" front, the car has knocked once more on me, but not as loud. But the last many days it's been fine, whether with WOT from 35 - 45, or from a standing start.

Reactions: Cxp

Cxp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB app
One major thing that can’t be overemphasized is the A10 is so much better on the tune. D is very good and perfect for driving in traffic. Before, D had a jerky response because it was too obsessed with shifting early, now D is perfectly balanced. S mode is insanely fun when you get open road! This transmission is absolutely amazing but you wouldn’t know it with the stock tune.

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
One major thing that can’t be overemphasized is the A10 is so much better on the tune. D is very good and perfect for driving in traffic. Before, D had a jerky response because it was too obsessed with shifting early, now D is perfectly balanced. S mode is insanely fun when you get open road! This transmission is absolutely amazing but you wouldn’t know it with the stock tune.
Do you have a PP or standard EB. I wonder how this tune works with a PP.
Sponsored