traded it in!

silverflash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt PP1
traded in my 2019 gt with pp1 on a brand new 2019 toyota tacoma TRD OFFROAD 4x4 in quicksand color. Got a great deal for trade-in and on the truck. ford ticked me off- no pun intended- on saying the typewrite tick is normal as is the 2000-3000 rpm rattle. i couldn't enjoy the car with those "characteristics" so i dumped it. i also realized i could use a 4x4 pickup way more than a one trick pony sports car...... they are nice cars, but ford's attitude and lack of addressing the tick/rattle is concerning to me. i took a little hit but wasn't too bad and oh sooo worth it IMHO.

it was my first and last new ford.

peace out....and good luck to those that hold on to their stangs..
Sponsored

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
I'd take a ticking Mustang over a truck any day. Just me. But I understand your frustrations. Mine had 2k grind and some ticking when cold. I got an insane deal on the Mustang and ended up selling it simply b/c I was offered what I paid for it. But I ended up with a '19 Camaro 1SS.

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
pics or its all a lie!

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 5.0 totaled white 2018 A10 now
I'd take a ticking Mustang over a truck any day. Just me. But I understand your frustrations. Mine had 2k grind and some ticking when cold. I got an insane deal on the Mustang and ended up selling it simply b/c I was offered what I paid for it. But I ended up with a '19 Camaro 1SS.

Barf. Id rather deal with Ford than look at the new god awful SS front end. I hope yours is black itll hide some of that mess GM calls a refresh.

Sponsored

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
Barf. Id rather deal with Ford than look at the new god awful SS front end. I hope yours is black itll hide some of that mess GM calls a refresh.
The front end looks fine to me. How the car drives/performs is what matters most to me. And it delivers in spades.
A base 1SS also comes with a big screen, apple car play standard, sirius, brembos, 245/275 20s, driving modes..etc.
I like the Mustangs as well (have had 3) but the Camaro feels like a step up in performance when driving it. The A10 feels smoother than the A10 in the GTs I test drove as well.

If I didn't have the annoying 2K grind and slight tick and get an insane deal on the my GT, I'd have happily kept it. But the SS is also a hell of a beast.

Last edited:

TnWHTMARE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
Ugghhhhh.....tick or not...I could not imagine leaving a 5.0 Mustang at a toyota dealership, driving away in a toyota... and thinking it was "o soooo worth it". Kinda makes me a little sick at my stomach. Heck...even if I scattered a rod driving away from the dealership after purchasing my Stang, I would STILL be 100% less sick at my stomach than if I traded my Mustang in on a toyota.

Last edited:
OP
OP

silverflash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt PP1
Ugghhhhh.....tick or not...I could not imagine leaving a 5.0 Mustang at a toyota dealership, driving away in a toyota... and thinking it was "o soooo worth it". Kinda makes me a little sick at my stomach. Heck...even if I scattered a rod driving away from the dealership after purchasing my Stang, I would STILL be 100% less sick at my stomach than if I traded my Mustang in on a toyota.

well to each their own. i am a worry wart and i really don't think the mustang was for me. i don't go fast that much to warrant it taking up space in my garage. And the ticking/rattling was just the final straw that took me over to the possibility of getting ride of it. Sandy will be used alot more by me and to me is just as cool.

Sponsored

Monopoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2012 Civic Si
Lol my dad just bought that same truck in dark grey. Itā€™s a great rig and will not break absolutely bulletproof reliability.

As for the tick yeah it happens. Thatā€™s what warranties are for. Still wouldnā€™t make me trade it in!

TnWHTMARE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
well to each their own. i am a worry wart and i really don't think the mustang was for me. i don't go fast that much to warrant it taking up space in my garage. And the ticking/rattling was just the final straw that took me over to the possibility of getting ride of it. Sandy will be used alot more by me and to me is just as cool.
Understood.

OP
OP

silverflash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt PP1
Lol my dad just bought that same truck in dark grey. Itā€™s a great rig and will not break absolutely bulletproof reliability.

As for the tick yeah it happens. Thatā€™s what warranties are for. Still wouldnā€™t make me trade it in!
I am guessing he got the color "cement". that is a nice color.

AlphaCoyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/ PP, 2018 Honda Accord 1.5 Sport
I traded in my 06 Tacoma for a 15 Mustang GT. I miss the truck sometimes but I could never imagine letting the mustang go.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
What I don't understand is how the Tacoma is one of the least fuel efficient in its class while Toyota has sedans with great gas mileage. That being said, it's a solid and reliable truck.
Sponsored