Sponsored

Video: GT350 Crash At The Nurburgring

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
It seems pretty simple to me that he just overcooked the entrance and realized it way to late. Hitting the brakes or gas wasn't going to save him from going off the track by the time he realized it.
Agreed.

Dominator961

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R
How do we know the GT350 in that video didn't have a set of Signature wheels he/she rolls around on when not tracking the car? I'd rather use a stock set of wheels or cheaper set that's equal/better than stock wheels because if you curb/bend/break one, it's cheaper to replace.
Then why track it when you’re pushing the car harder than you can on the street?
Why would you use shitty wheels and tires on the track and stronger lighter, sticker tires on the street. What you say makes no sense.

Ok so you fuck up a forged wheel. So?
At least you may prevent a totaled car.
$60-$70k loss or $1200 loss? You pick.

5.2 liters of democracy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray GT350
Then why track it when you’re pushing the car harder than you can on the street?
Why would you use shitty wheels and tires on the track and stronger lighter, sticker tires on the street. What you say makes no sense.

The idea of being worried about a $1,200 wheel after dropping $60-$70k on a track car is weird.

Sponsored

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
My understanding is that a forged wheel is going to bend in a crash situation, rather than shatter like the cast/flowformed wheels like the Project 6GR?

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350
I think calling non-forged wheels "shitty" as a blanket assessment isn't right. Aren't most OEM wheels even on the high performance cars cast? Just like any aftermarket part, some are good, some are shitty.

Are people freaking out about a Z06 on oem wheels taking the car on track?

If I was on a track where the curbs were harsher, then i'd go for forged, but till then I'll spend the extra money on consumables personally. This was the 1st 6gr wheel I've seen a pic of broken like that, and like said before ANY wheel will be trash after that impact.

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
I don’t think it was a timed event. The Ring is considered a public road when it’s open to....the public and I’m pretty sure you must have insurance to go out on it.

limited02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost

Are there any documented failures of the 6GR wheels besides it rubbing on the caliper?

However, that's besides the point because in the OP, that driver clearly lost control and wrecked which had nothing to do with the wheels on it. Not only will the owner need to repair his car, he'll need to replace his wheel(s) as well and that would be the case for any wheel that was on it when he wrecked. So for him, it's going to be a cheaper repair bill because he doesn't have to spend $1200 for a wheel or two to replace.

Sponsored

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Pretty simple actually. He missed track in, you miss track in, you better slow down or you will miss track out. His corner speed coming into the corner may or may not have been too fast. Wheels are irrelevant here but, I highly doubt anyone here would argue that the 6GR is equivalent to the Signature wheel or even a good Apex wheel. As a few have said, tracking is an expensive sport. and as others have correctly pointed out, some guys buy the best they can afford because they stretched to by the car of their dreams.

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Big ol' LOL @ OP for trying to cash in on this guy killing his car with terminal understeer.

No amount of money spent on forged wheels would have altered the outcome of this wreck, but perhaps spending some of that money he saved on some quality instruction or track familiarization could have.

RaceHorseV8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ricky
Vehicle(s)
2001 Cobra, 2004 Cobra, 2019 GT
Something strange happens at 19-20 seconds. Can't tell if he pops the break extra hard or jerks the wheel a little but the left front dips and the tire almost seems to give a puff of some kind. Could he have lost the bead? Not making an excuse for a poorly driven corner...

JT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Using this incident to try and sell wheels is in poor taste IMHO.

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350
Something strange happens at 19-20 seconds. Can't tell if he pops the break extra hard or jerks the wheel a little but the left front dips and the tire almost seems to give a puff of some kind. Could he have lost the bead? Not making an excuse for a poorly driven corner...
i think the splitter hit the ground there...
Sponsored