Sponsored

Seriously, How many tick/rattle engines in the last 2 months?

Blown86GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
The tick I can chalk up to Direct Injection, but that rattle has shown up as cylinder scoring in quite a few cars

That’s a problem, Period

For 40k that shouldn’t happen
Define "quite a few"? And what skin do you have in this discussion? Judging by your vehicle...none. Just a troll stirring up BS. Good job.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Define "quite a few"?

Do I know the number?

No, but let’s not be stupid. There’s been some pics and peeps having the cylinders scored and engines replaced.

Some peeps are on multiple engines, and are we foolish enough to believe right after another engine is installed that the same person had the same issue again, this should not happen

It’s definitely a problem...

AmericanV8Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP, 2016 Corvette C7 Z06
Vehicle Showcase

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Do I know the number?

No, but let’s not be stupid. There’s been some pics and peeps having the cylinders scored and engines replaced.

Some peeps are on multiple engines, and are we foolish enough to believe right after another engine is installed that the same person had the same issue again, this should not happen

The problem with what you are eluding to is that there is zero evidence on the web tying tick/rattle to engine destruction. I find it amazing on how people that have claimed they have had engine replacement have loud ticks and rattles, beat on their cars from day one. Late last year I can remember some new owners talking about engine break in and bragging about how their method was to break it in hard and forgo the recommendation in the manual. Later when they were whining about some ticks and rattles, the posts about how they broke their car in were gone. I wish I had screen shot them at the time. Many other posters disagreed with their caviler practice of break-in yet they were scoffed at. This does not mean every hard break in will fail or result in louder than normal noises, but I would venture a guess the odds are that more properly broken in cars will sound quieter and last longer. You can also add in the mods that most people do also are not going to make your engine quieter or last longer either. Just the nature of the game, sometimes you gotta pay something to go faster. It does not mean your engine or other parts will grenade either, but it certainly won't improve the longevity of those parts.

So in the end Stymee......Word to the wise...don't believe everything you see/ear on the internet.

Sponsored

McCarthy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang
Little tick here and there, whatever. Use a good synthetic and report back if it blows. I've had a bunch of EcoBoost F150's (and work with a fleet of them) that make a bunch of weird noises, very little failures. Of course, different engines but noise does not equal imminent failure.

growler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt pp
your all way much smarter than engineers at an ultra major auto manufacturer, testing the flagship engine with dozens of test cells running the engines at max rpm and loads for days and weeks at time...and thousands of miles of durability testing and of 100 years of experience,,just ignore all that and go back to you tube and facebook ..the bastions of real knowledge

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
I venture to say there is way more focus and care (ie, QA) in making test engines for R&D testing purposes than production engines that are coming off the line at 300 units a day.

boB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
boB
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
your all way much smarter than engineers at an ultra major auto manufacturer, testing the flagship engine with dozens of test cells running the engines at max rpm and loads for days and weeks at time...and thousands of miles of durability testing and of 100 years of experience,,just ignore all that and go back to you tube and facebook ..the bastions of real knowledge
Yep: As an engineer at the design center for a major manufacturer of engines and construction equipment I had access to *all* warranty claims and data from all our dealers, worldwide. When there was an issue we knew it, and had plenty of real data with which to analyze it. We could also request to get any replaced parts from the warranty claim.

Ford is no different, their engineers know about the noises and know what is causing them.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I agree with most of u, a lot of BS on the net

The peep comment was funny

I guess in the end i’ll just have to decide if I wanna play or not

Just upsets me there no definitive answers...

Blown86GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I agree with most of u, a lot of BS on the net

The peep comment was funny

I guess in the end i’ll just have to decide if I wanna play or not

Just upsets me there no definitive answers...
Why do you care? Concerned citizen? Or internet troll?

Blown86GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Do I know the number?

Yeah the inability to quantify the problem is the core of the issue I have. Do other auto manufactures not suffer the same issue of engines prematurely failing?

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Why do you care? Concerned citizen? Or internet troll?

Me a Troll???
Nope u already have that title cornered, just kidding pal

Just a consumer who likes the platform and was interested in buying a Ford

Blown86GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Me a Troll???
Nope u already have that title cornered, just kidding pal

Just a consumer who likes the platform and was interested in buying a Ford
So why ignore the others like myself who have no issues??? Half empty kinda guy? You really care? Or again, an attempt to stir the pot?
Sponsored