Sponsored

Motorcycle vs Car for Long Distance Travel

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
Deer are the main reason why I'm not riding much anymore. There are too many around here and they are totally unpredictable. I have had too many near misses with them on two wheels and have too many friends that have hit them and were severely injured or died. At 60, even if I survived the impact to the old body just doesn't heal well anymore. I love the Mustang with the steel/aluminum all around and air bags.
Sponsored

Last edited:

MNGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350 base comp orange
Unrelated rant: I really hate what smartphones have done to us. And social media.
Had a friend realize a lifelong dream, bought a brand new Harley Davidson Road King. Sold it a year later because he never felt safe with every other driver looking down on the phone. Sad.

RugbyRef

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I have an '18 Fatboy 114...took it down to Daytona Bike Week last year and, on the way, stopped at Tail of the Dragon. What a blast! Need to take the GT350 this year...

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
Not to be downer in here because I loved to ride and rode motorcycles for most of my life growing up. But just understand the deal you make. I suffered a broken pelvis, hips, back, clavicle, forearm, internal bleeding and a life flight all in one accident when I was 34 yrs old. Bed ridden and unable to walk for 3 months with a catheter, bedpan, sponge baths, and morphine. You haven't lived life until you experience being rolled around on an x-ray table all broken up and bones crunching and grinding with no pain killers administered. Or being catheterized... Nobody talks about the constipation from the meds and weakness to generate bowl and urinary movements from the injuries. It is nothing short of torture. Everyday is spent watching what you ingest. Smaller the bowl movements, the better. Try pissing in a big gulp cup after the catheter is removed and you 're laying flat on your back and your urinary muscles are so weak that you can't get the flow going. Total torture and mind fuck as your bladder continues to fill to the brink explosion every time. Good day when you transition to a wheel chair...or is it? More like a very humbling day. You know you'll walk again but when... I'm fortunate to be alive and 100% really. Have I ridden since? Yes. Just enough to gage and figure it out I don't want to put myself or my family thru it again. We're all adults capable of making choices but just understand the deal you make is for not just yourself.

Last edited:

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
Glad you recovered!

Sponsored

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
Glad you recovered!
Thank you. My wife deserves so much credit. She had me moved home in a hospital bed after two weeks spent in the hospital, administered my blood thinner shots, and took care of me everyday. I am 100% today.

Onyx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R, Acura RDX
Took my 1299S out today instead of the GT350. I think it was giving me stinkeye as I left the garage. I don’t drive during the week as I take the subway to and from work. I’ll be nice and it will come out tomorrow
Beautiful Bike! I am eyeing up the new Aprilla RSV4 RF but at 40 am having my doubts about the people around me paying attention to everything but driving! Any Pics would love to see the Duc, had a 2001 996S very fun bike.

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
I had the 2016 Aprilia 1000, but it lacked the low end grunt of V twin, so I switched back to the Panigale. If you like twins it’s the one to get although the V4 Ducati is sort of twin like and it kills the Aprilia. What gets some guys trouble is that they never had a bike till they were older and the kids were out of the house, then a dealer talks them into their dream bike, be it a Harley or Italian or Japanese bike, and it’s too big and powerful for them. They get scared and sell it or ride too timid and get in trouble and crash. They need a starter bike for a season in the 400cc or so category

Dominator961

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R
Not to be downer in here because I loved to ride and rode motorcycles for most of my life growing up. But just understand the deal you make. I suffered a broken pelvis, hips, back, clavicle, forearm, internal bleeding and a life flight all in one accident when I was 34 yrs old. Bed ridden and unable to walk for 3 months with a catheter, bedpan, sponge baths, and morphine. You haven't lived life until you experience being rolled around on an x-ray table all broken up and bones crunching and grinding with no pain killers administered. Or being catheterized... Nobody talks about the constipation from the meds and weakness to generate bowl and urinary movements from the injuries. It is nothing short of torture. Everyday is spent watching what you ingest. Smaller the bowl movements, the better. Try pissing in a big gulp cup after the catheter is removed and you 're laying flat on your back and your urinary muscles are so weak that you can't get the flow going. Total torture and mind fuck as your bladder continues to fill to the brink explosion every time. Good day when you transition to a wheel chair...or is it? More like a very humbling day. You know you'll walk again but when... I'm fortunate to be alive and 100% really. Have I ridden since? Yes. Just enough to gage and figure it out I don't want to put myself or my family thru it again. We're all adults capable of making choices but just understand the deal you make is for not just yourself.
Sorry you were through all of that. I’m glad you survived and can still walk. It’s definitely an eye opener.

Onyx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R, Acura RDX
I grew up on the pegs of a dirt bike riding motorcross bikes and trails and then once I could get insurance on a sport bike I had a few street bikes
1996 ZX6R
2000 GSXR600
2001 996S
2006 R1 ( Had that in the Army while stationed in DC as my commuter to use the HOV lane, Talk about close calls! )
2010 ZX10R
I sold the 10R in 2014 as people have said its literally become a nightmare on a bike, you are in constant survival mode and needed a break. Kinda getting the itch again for a weekend toy and to be honest I love ridding! Maybe I will just look for a track bike as that's safer than streets IMO. Kinda looking at these for a street bike-
BMW 1000RR
Aprilla RSV4 RF
Ducati V4
JR369 you are so lucky to be alive, thanks for sharing and glad to hear you survived!
Please be safe out there guys!
DC Shelby PM me your thoughts on the RSV4 please

sdiver68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1 10R80 Vert
Vehicle Showcase
After 30 years of road racing and riding motorcycles the answer is convertible.

And mini-racing!
20180825_171136.jpg
IMG_37151.jpg
Sponsored