Sponsored

Lund Tune questions (93 and e85)

datadatum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350
First 80 miles city driving, 8.0mpg. Woohoo!
Sponsored

datadatum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350
Second tank of E85 looks good, in tune calculation at 91%. Car is holding solid at just over 8mpg.
ECABADBB-F914-4209-A5C2-D902A3BFD42D.jpeg

Tw00sh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 1965 Mustang Coupe
I bought my car used from a Chevy dealer (Guy Traded it in on a corvette). They showed me papers when they went over the car fax that showed the ECU was re-flashed by Ford to original manufacture specs.

Dominator961

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R
I am familiar and have seen it with my own eyes in on the screen. The warranty was later changed to only cancellation of the powertrain. Lets make sure when we put information out it is correct and not heresay. This guy had a lund tune previous to the failure. The failure did not happen while the car was tuned. If your engine fails and you had or have a tune be ready to eat 25k! they will cancel your warranty and flag you. No dealer is going to eat the cost of an engine and replacement.
20190410_142822.jpg
Try telling this to V00D00, he knows everything and thinks otherwise.

Sponsored

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase

guzie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT350, 2019 Mustang GT
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/afd-pfc-gt350-1?seid=srese1&gclid=CO2K3fmu2-ICFYqMyAodjqkDhA

I plan on buying the Advanced fuel Dynamics PROFLEX Commander system. It has everything you need. No checking fuel. You can actually mix them if you would like. And you can run a 93 tune with it. No E85 tune required.
I don’t have to check fuel when running flex fuel tune either. I check fuel to know when it’s good to go straight E85R tune which makes more power because they advance timing more due to having straight E85. I can put any blend of 93 and E85 in or just straight 93. No extra hardware is required. The sensor I added was just for monitoring. This piggy back system is taking what the tune does in the factory ECU and doing it instead. I don’t trust a piggyback system that is doing something outside of what the ECU is controlling.

Deathvalleysc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Warranty wise I’m not sure if it will void your warranty or not. I guess it would be up to the dealer and what they find. I haven’t been big on warranty’s because dealers will find every little reason they can not to honor them. I have a 16 model and the warranty will run out in August. I’ve been trying to figure out what mods I want to do based off results. As of now I have the full kooks system with green cats, MGW shifter, I have a JLT passenger oil separator, a JLT intake that I haven’t installed yet. I’m still debating on what kind of tune I want to do. Nguage lund or dyno tune at local shop. After I install my intake and tune I was thinking about the E85 system above with a 93 tune. I know it does basically piggy back the ecu and adjust the fuel but how’s that any different that tuning the same ecu and adjusting the fuel. I’ve also been looking into possibly getting bigger injectors but not sure what to get because I’m not boosted and I’m not sure what the biggest the factory fuel pump will support. What are stock? I’ve heard people going to 47lb injectors. Will it be worth the power increase? Idk, I’m still learning. I wish I knew more about tuning to do it myself. I’ve joined a few forums to learn more. There are some very knowable people out there. I just recently joined this one. It seems a lot more active than other forums I’ve joined.

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
ProFlex Commander can be easily removed and not detected by a dealership since it does not reflash the ECU.

Sponsored

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Look at it like this. You get the horsepower without voiding your warranty and with the money that you save when using E85, it pays for itself over time. Have had it about a year and a half and have saved half of the purchase price of the system when using E85; it's only used two out of every five fill-ups. If E85 was used exclusively over that same time period, it would have paid for itself already. Add to the fact that it's not my primary vehicle either.

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Forgot to add that I recently had a flash update on my car and NOTHING was detected in my ECU related to using this system.

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
You can do it yourself but I had a shop do it. When ordering the system I worked with the vendor to find an installer in my area