Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Hi guys, I live in Germany and put together a show on YouTube where I drive Austria's Grossglockner High Alpine Road, Austria's Hahntennjoch, Italy's Stelvio Pass, and Switzerland's Susten and Furka passes. The end-state is that I choose the "best road in the Alps". I've edited and released the intro of the route, my car background, and the first evaluation episode of the Grossglockner. I also posted a bonus video where I just blast the Grossglockner in my Mustang with pretty good exhaust audio.

Have a look and let me know what you think. If you have any questions about travelling this route and driving these roads just let me know. I've done this ring route essentially twice now (2017 & 2018) so I'm practiced with the nuances. Have a good one,

Mike

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5Nzp68K0lcMWZBMjFn5YsQ?

Sponsored

Pero

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pero
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Fastback Ingot Silver MT82 MagneRide B&O
Hi Mike,
great driving challenge!
This is exactly what I have in my mind, also.
I like to drive along windy roads.
Your video from Grossglockner High Alpine Road is marvelous and I hardly wait next episode.

I also have my own priority list of Alpine (and other) roads, which I would like to visit or I already did.

Just for the taste:

Austria:
- Grossglockner,
- Silveretta Hochalpenstrasse,
- Hahntennjoch.

Italy:
- Stelvio Pass,
- Forcella Lavardet,
- Strada della Forra.

Switzerland:
- St. Bernard,
- Furka Pass,
- Susten Pass,
- Grimsel Pass,
- SplĂĽgenpass,
- St. Gotthard Pass,
- Simplon,
- FlĂĽela Pass.

France:
- Col de L'Iseran,
- Cime da La Bonette,
- Col du Turini,
- Col de Braus.

Keep going further with your search of best road in the Alps and don't forget to publish the videos.

OP
OP
Roadway 5.0

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Mike,
great driving challenge!
This is exactly what I have in my mind, also.
I like to drive along windy roads.
Your video from Grossglockner High Alpine Road is marvelous and I hardly wait next episode.

I also have my own priority list of Alpine (and other) roads, which I would like to visit or I already did.

Just for the taste:

Austria:
- Grossglockner,
- Silveretta Hochalpenstrasse,
- Hahntennjoch.

Italy:
- Stelvio Pass,
- Forcella Lavardet,
- Strada della Forra.

Switzerland:
- St. Bernard,
- Furka Pass,
- Susten Pass,
- Grimsel Pass,
- SplĂĽgenpass,
- St. Gotthard Pass,
- Simplon,
- FlĂĽela Pass.

France:
- Col de L'Iseran,
- Cime da La Bonette,
- Col du Turini,
- Col de Braus.

Keep going further with your search of best road in the Alps and don't forget to publish the videos.
Great list Pero! It’s awesome you share the passion. When do you plan to do your next trip?

Btw, the Flüela Pass really suprised me! It’s not evaluated in my little YouTube series, but what a beautiful road!!!

Pero

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pero
Vehicle(s)
Next trip? I don't know, really.
Winter is coming so mountain passes are maybe not places to visit in following months. Alps have to wait for me till late spring of 2019.

But Lago di Garda with its mild climate could be my next destination in this autumn. There is this nice road named
Strada della Forra, leading uphill to villages with picturesque views on the lake.

Btw, the FlĂĽela Pass really suprised me!
If you think FlĂĽela Pass can compete with your other destinations, consider to include it to your survey.

And Mike, I envy you that nice Steeda Mustang.

OP
OP
Roadway 5.0

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Next trip? I don't know, really.
Winter is coming so mountain passes are maybe not places to visit in following months. Alps have to wait for me till late spring of 2019.

But Lago di Garda with its mild climate could be my next destination in this autumn. There is this nice road named
Strada della Forra, leading uphill to villages with picturesque views on the lake.

If you think FlĂĽela Pass can compete with your other destinations, consider to include it to your survey.

And Mike, I envy you that nice Steeda Mustang.
Lake Garda l hear is beautiful! Very nice. Please let me know how Strada della Forra is as my family and I may drive to that area in the spring. Any plans on visiting the Ferrari Museum?

Thanks for the compliment on my Mustang. It is for sure a blast to drive!

Sponsored

Pero

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pero
Vehicle(s)
We have the intention to go to family road trip during "Kartoffel ferien".

Not yet decided about destination, but it could be Lago di Garda. In this case we will also visit Strada della Forra.

As I know, Ferrari museums are in Modena and Maranello. I'm not sure we will go that far south. Although I personally would like to visit them, but we are four family members with different ideas, therefore...

Pero

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pero
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
Roadway 5.0

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
I don't want to steal this thread from OP, but I think - according to thread's name - that this should also be mentioned here: https://www.tomtom.com/en_us/routes/details/france/great-alpine-road/#

Great French Alpine Road from Lake of Geneva to Menton on Mediterranean coast is 675 km long and it runs over 16 Alpine passes.
This is a fantastic route for sure. I suppose my main reason for not evaluating this was the sheer size of it—I went for pass vs pass.

If I were to do France’s Grandes Alps vs Switzerland’s big three (Susten/Furka/Grimsel) that could be really good.

Thanks for the input!

OP
OP
Roadway 5.0

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
This is a fantastic route for sure. I suppose my main reason for not evaluating this was the sheer size of it—I went for pass vs pass.

If I were to do France’s Grandes Alps vs Switzerland’s big three (Susten/Furka/Grimsel) that could be really good.

Thanks for the input!
For those interested, I have all but the last evaluation of Switzerland's Susten Pass complete and posted here:

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/top-gear-denied-my-application-so-i-made-my-own-show.98179/

I should have the last episode out in the next few weeks. If you all have any questions on Alpine Roads, vignettes/tolls, which hotels to stay and such just let me know.

- Mike
Sponsored