Does Anyone Know What This is?

Count Drunkula

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Was hoovering out the car and discovered this bolt/screw lying in the driver's footwell. What is it and where has it come from? Is my engine about to fall out?...
Had a look around but couldn't see where it was from. The interior got stripped out of my car when the dealer was fixing a water ingress issue, so I suspect it relates to that, but whatever it is, it probably needs putting back!
IMG_20190422_153740754_zpsnru8afar.jpg

IMG_20190422_153725162_zpsnhbghfss.jpg
Sponsored

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
It's the forward fixing for the lower 'A' pillar trim.

Approximately adjacent to the throttle pedal.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Count Drunkula

Count Drunkula

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Thanks so much. Although I must confess to still be struggling with this. I can't see where it goes at all! Been looking to the right of the throttle pedal. Is that right? Gonna have another look now...

OP
OP
Count Drunkula

Count Drunkula

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
And again...
Success, found it! I was looking too high up, couldn't see the little recess it sits in. Car now fully restored. Many thanks once again.

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I have to ask...water ingress issue? Do you happen to know what exactly the fault was? Was it that damn plastic grommet in the firewall? Hope yours wasn't off the road as long as mine was.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Count Drunkula

Count Drunkula

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I have to ask...water ingress issue? Do you happen to know what exactly the fault was? Was it that damn plastic grommet in the firewall? Hope yours wasn't off the road as long as mine was.
Hi Kristian,
Thought I'd mentioned this before. Anyway, yes, it was the firewall grommet. Took them 6 weeks to find it and sort it, but it hasn't leaked at all ever since. So it was a definitive fix, not like your rolling catastrophe! Is yours sorted now?

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Hi Kristian,
Thought I'd mentioned this before. Anyway, yes, it was the firewall grommet. Took them 6 weeks to find it and sort it, but it hasn't leaked at all ever since. So it was a definitive fix, not like your rolling catastrophe! Is yours sorted now?
You probably have mentioned before, I just forgot! Yes, all is well with mine at the moment. In the first couple of weeks after I got it back, we had a fair bit of wet/cold weather & I saw no indication there was any issue. Probably never be 100% confident after what i've been through, but I'm 99.9% right now :)

Myweepony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Auto
Hi Kristian,
Hope I'm not tempting fate here. Is there a 'howto guide' or any pictures of this firewall grommet online? Never having been crawling around in that area, it would be helpful for a person to know what they're looking for. Again, hopefully that person won't be me.

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
post #174 from my thread here https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...r-windscreen-condensation-again.113708/page-9

In my photos, the grommet has been covered (both sides) with tiger seal I believe, but that's where it is. Don't ask me how to get to it! It may be easier to access from the engine bay, but not sure.

If you have any hints that you may have a damp interior (interior condensation that seems too frequent), get it in to a competent dealership & point them at my thread!

Myweepony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Auto
post #174 from my thread here https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...r-windscreen-condensation-again.113708/page-9

In my photos, the grommet has been covered (both sides) with tiger seal I believe, but that's where it is. Don't ask me how to get to it! It may be easier to access from the engine bay, but not sure.

If you have any hints that you may have a damp interior (interior condensation that seems too frequent), get it in to a competent dealership & point them at my thread!

'Kin Ell !!! Thanks Kristian. I would think that you could probably get to that from the wheel arch by removing the lining. But, yeah, I can see why you would want Ford to have a go first.

Cheers
Sponsored