Sponsored

jersey shore / central nj area

Nerass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Premium GT
looking for anyone who's fucked with these cars before.. trying to diagnose a misfire / drivablity issue. i don't know any s550 owners who have modded their cars in the area.
Sponsored

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
I'm in Monmouth county, what mods do you have and what issues are you having?

OP
OP

Nerass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
multiple / random cylinder misfire p0300 , misfire on first 1k revolutions p0316- plagued me since i've done the cobra jet intake install but unsure if it's related to the tune or something larger.
bucking, misfire can be felt and heard while driving and at idle it pop / sputters sometimes. man probably over a year and a half like this on and off. it doesn't get worse or better and doesn't seem to run poorly at wot.

i've swapped coils, bought new coils, and purchased new connectors to convert to the 16-17 coils (400 bucks vs 150 for a set of 8 lol )

crank relearn has been performed, but the issue was present before the clutch was replaced.

replaced engine wiring harness ( thought i may have damaged mine in the throttle body rewiring )

replaced gaskets on manifold

cobra jet intake, super cobra jet monoblade, LU47 injectors, texas speed longtube headers w/ extensions for the front o2's, rear o2's turned off, mcleod rst and lightened steel flywheel

i believe it's related to the tune but really not looking to spend another 500-ish on a hunch ya know?

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
multiple / random cylinder misfire p0300 , misfire on first 1k revolutions p0316- plagued me since i've done the cobra jet intake install but unsure if it's related to the tune or something larger.
bucking, misfire can be felt and heard while driving and at idle it pop / sputters sometimes. man probably over a year and a half like this on and off. it doesn't get worse or better and doesn't seem to run poorly at wot.

i've swapped coils, bought new coils, and purchased new connectors to convert to the 16-17 coils (400 bucks vs 150 for a set of 8 lol )

crank relearn has been performed, but the issue was present before the clutch was replaced.

replaced engine wiring harness ( thought i may have damaged mine in the throttle body rewiring )

cobra jet intake, super cobra jet monoblade, LU47 injectors, texas speed longtube headers w/ extensions for the front o2's, rear o2's turned off, mcleod rst and lightened steel flywheel

i believe it's related to the tune but really not looking to spend another 500-ish on a hunch ya know?
I would go back to stock intake manifold and stock tune to make sure that's the problem.

Have you taken logs and sent them to your tuner?

OP
OP

Nerass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i'm stupid and sold my manifold
car was flashed originally so i don't have a tune on my ngauge for stock
tuner says logs look normal -difficult to believe because when i look at them the afr is flying all over the place because of the misfires. he implanted the thought that it was electrical so that's where i started.

Sponsored

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
Honestly it sounds like the tuner doesnt know what hes doing to me. You can see misfires on a log so if he is saying they look normal....

Have you changed spark plugs? Check or swap fuel injectors?

OP
OP

Nerass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
swapped injectors from the stock to the lu47's

originally had oem plugs, switched them out for a set of brand new stock ones, switched them out for the ngk 6510, and then again for another set of ngk 6510.

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
Maybe someone on here can look at your logs.

Have you tried spraying starting fluid/brake cleaner around the intake piping and manifold to check for vacuum leaks? I can't think of any other ideas other than tune...

Sponsored

Dsquared

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP LB
Sounds like a tune issue. Who did your tune?

Definitely sounds like a tune issue. Who did your tune? Take it to Revolution down in Maryland, yeah its a drive, but they can dyno tune for you. Great reputation, know their shit. Hit me up if you need more info.

OP
OP

Nerass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
been working with rob shoemaker he might be getting me ironed out

Dsquared

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP LB
been working with rob shoemaker he might be getting me ironed out
That's who my tune is with. He should be able to get you straightened out. Who did the tune you are having issues with?
Sponsored