Sponsored

Chevy takes a cheapshot at the Mustang 55 birthday with ad commercial

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
In 12 years, if/when the Camaro (really) gets to it's 55th anniversary, the guys at Ford should do absolutely nothing. Because, that's what you do when you're top dog.
Camaro started production with the 2010 model year. 55 years would be in 2065. If they manage to continue uninterupted until then. Anniversaries are about something that's been done consecutively for many years in a row, not for something that's been done some years and not others.
Sponsored

nicktechla

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nicktwaddell.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro ZL1 Red Hot
so much hate in here... :p I had a Mustang, now a Camaro.. they aren't so much different. Everyone on the Camaro forum says how bad Mustangs suck.. everyone here says how bad Camaros suck... It's funny, you guys sound exactly the same

Ryan1112

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
so much hate in here... :p I had a Mustang, now a Camaro.. they aren't so much different. Everyone on the Camaro forum says how bad Mustangs suck.. everyone here says how bad Camaros suck... It's funny, you guys sound exactly the same
They say how bad the Mustang is. Many of us rip on GM as a business. I don't think the Camaro is a bad car.

csglock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Claude
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I love the Mustang but I also love the Camaro. I have owned a 65, 66, and 2016 Mustang. My sister has two Camaros but I like my Stang more. I have also owned a 66 Chevelle SS with the 375 HP package and a 69 Corvette with a 327 rated at 425 HP. I still miss both of those cars. But my 16 Mustang with 500+ HP with a 3.73 rear in is the boss.

Sponsored

RaceRed5.0

Threads
Reaction score
From Texas to Louisana to California back to Texas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 3.55, Modded 2006 Pontiac G6
This is pretty clever I ain't going to lie. Now I wonder if Mahk from Zebracorner will do anything to mock it.

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
This is pretty clever I ain't going to lie. Now I wonder if Mahk from Zebracorner will do anything to mock it.

Lol. When I see that commercial or any from Chevy I can’t change the channel fast enough.

Sawyerjames

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt A10
Vehicle Showcase
If I got a dollar for every ZL1 I have gapped, I could buy the new Shelby!

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
All these butthurt people over this ad and feel the need to bash Camaros. It's so ridiculous. I've driven '19 PP1 Mustangs, A10 Mustangs and '19 M6 and A10 Camaro SS. The visibility of the Camaro is worse.....it's not horribly worse....but it's worse. But it's not that big of a deal to me at all.

Aside from that, the Camaro is just as nice or nicer than the Mustang. A plain Jane 1SS Camaro comes with Apple Car play standard, Sirius, full power seat and feels faster and sportier than the PP1 Mustangs I've driven.
If you think the Camaro is ugly, that's your opinion/right of course. I don't think it does. I think it looks mean and it's a hell of a car.....as is the Mustang. Anyone who bashes it as inferior to the Mustang is simply a moron.

Sponsored

JohnD

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 track day car
I thought it was kind of a funny little piece. Cutesy-poo with the pony and cake and all.

But the reality is Generous Motors would die to have the success that Ford has had with the Mustang. There is only 1st pony car, that was a Mustang, everything after that was just playing copy cat. And that's GM, copy cat #1.

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium A10-3.55-400a
Vehicle Showcase
That right there is as good a way to distinguish when loyalty has crossed over into fanaticism as any.

Norm
I hate GM, have hated them since 1983 but I can still tell when they make a decent car, still waiting. :devil:

I thought the commercial was funny though, they should have played that in the US.

detamble13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Camaro SS LS3
I thought it was kind of a funny little piece. Cutesy-poo with the pony and cake and all.

But the reality is Generous Motors would die to have the success that Ford has had with the Mustang. There is only 1st pony car, that was a Mustang, everything after that was just playing copy cat. And that's GM, copy cat #1.
Absolutely Chevy would love to sell in the same numbers the Mustang does. I own a Camaro but have respect for the car that started the segment.
The only negative to this is that they are using the MT-82 transmission instead of the Tremec (in the GT), or not providing the proper cooling for their track car because they will sell regardless.

JohnD

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 track day car
Absolutely Chevy would love to sell in the same numbers the Mustang does. I own a Camaro but have respect for the car that started the segment.
The only negative to this is that they are using the MT-82 transmission instead of the Tremec (in the GT), or not providing the proper cooling for their track car because they will sell regardless.
Totally true. I have to give GM credit for what a great job they did making the 1LE a serious track rat's car. Ford really blew that end of it. And since about all I do with my car is drive it to, around, and home from road courses I envy those beefy parts Chevy put on the Camaro that Ford didn't. Not cheap to fix that either.

revinto7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 shelby-gt 14 camaro SS 1LE
Atleast we know one thing GM is good at - COMMERCIALS haha!!!!
Sponsored