Status
Not open for further replies.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Just upgraded from an Iphone 6 to the Xr. The Mustang6G website displayed perfectly on my 6 in landscape mode but now with the Xr, the ads on the right side of the screen take up 50% of the screen. The thread titles on the left are one character per line and extend down far enough for me to have to scroll down to get to the next thread.

I find if I use my thumbs to expand the view, it might show ok but will snap back to the view I described above spontaneously and when I click to another page.

I've looked for settings but haven't found any. I do not have this issue on other sites including other forums. Anyone have a suggestion, maybe @Jarstang or one of the mods? Thanks in advance?

Here’s a screenshot:

F159E202-DC4A-42BB-818C-1EAED3317B4B.png
Sponsored

Last edited:

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
You don’t say what Broswer you are using with your XR (Safari, Chrome Firefox, or another of the hundreds of offshoots available from the Apple Store).

I have an XR, have had it since December... no issues as you outline - BUT, I’m also using the app “Ad Guard Pro” which imbeds with Safari once you activate it.

So maybe that is why I don’t have any “ad” problems. Maybe give it a shot and see what happens.

OP
OP
Tank

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
You don’t say what Broswer you are using with your XR (Safari, Chrome Firefox, or another of the hundreds of offshoots available from the Apple Store).

I have an XR, have had it since December... no issues as you outline - BUT, I’m also using the app “Ad Guard Pro” which imbeds with Safari once you activate it.

So maybe that is why I don’t have any “ad” problems. Maybe give it a shot and see what happens.
Awesome! Thanks @Cobra Jet !!!!

Yup, using Safari and will research Ad Guard Pro this weekend. Very much appreciate your time and info!

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Well, I tried the “landscape” mode today - and I was also surprised to see that when in this mode, the forum is “chopped” exactly like Tank has displayed in his image.

I’m including a copy of my image as well @Jarstang

It seems that the single banner ad is somehow right justified and taking up the landscape, thus squishing the forum content all to the left, making any visible text within the forum boxes go vertically.

I never view the forum in this aspect on my iPhone (and probably should have, so apologies Tank!)

On my iPad, when viewing in landscape mode, the forum is not distorted like that at all.
B468B38C-C66C-4969-929A-517864E050B3.png

OP
OP
Tank

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Well, I tried the “landscape” mode today - and I was also surprised to see that when in this mode, the forum is “chopped” exactly like Tank has displayed in his image.

I’m including a copy of my image as well @Jarstang

It seems that the single banner ad is somehow right justified and taking up the landscape, thus squishing the forum content all to the left, making any visible text within the forum boxes go vertically.

I never view the forum in this aspect on my iPhone (and probably should have, so apologies Tank!)

On my iPad, when viewing in landscape mode, the forum is not distorted like that at all.
B468B38C-C66C-4969-929A-517864E050B3.png
Hey @Cobra Jet
The ad blocker add on helped somewhat. It blocks most of the ads allowing me to manually expand the window. Sometimes I need to scroll for the screen to snap into the width of the screen.
So my assessment is this is a partial fix.
I had tagged @Jarstang with my post but never got a response.
Good luck to you.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Looks fine on my X in both landscape and portrait and in both Chrome and Safari, but I fired up an Xr simulator (used for development) and I'm seeing the same issue:

upload_2019-2-23_11-26-54.png

I suspect, the resolution of the Xr (in landscape) is causing it to fall into weird media size, then combine with the ads (that tend not to follow any constraints), the resulting CSS is janky. Basically with responsive designs, you do media queries to determine the display size, then use a specific set of styles/layouts/formatting. I also tried requesting the desktop site, thought it might render correctly (though scaled way down), but no luck there either (that's hit or miss ...)

Probably will have to wait for Xenforo to update their CSS to account for the Xr

OP
OP
Tank

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Looks fine on my X in both landscape and portrait and in both Chrome and Safari, but I fired up an Xr simulator (used for development) and I'm seeing the same issue:

upload_2019-2-23_11-26-54.png

I suspect, the resolution of the Xr (in landscape) is causing it to fall into weird media size, then combine with the ads (that tend not to follow any constraints), the resulting CSS is janky. Basically with responsive designs, you do media queries to determine the display size, then use a specific set of styles/layouts/formatting. I also tried requesting the desktop site, thought it might render correctly (though scaled way down), but no luck there either (that's hit or miss ...)

Probably will have to wait for Xenforo to update their CSS to account for the Xr
Thanks for the perspective @MaskedRacerX .
A bit above my knowledge base but gives me something to look into!

Sponsored
Status
Not open for further replies.