Who else ordered a 2019 GT350/GT350R

cmeany01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2019 Ford Edge, 2018 Honda Civic
Ordered my GT350 on Feb 4th. Production showed 3/21 with delivery of 3/30. Dates haven't changed since March. My son (who already owns a 2016 GT350) have two weeks planned in early June to drive Route 66, starting from Louisville to LA, then Route 66 back to Chicago.... driving the car I've ordered. Ford is killing me with no information on delivery.
Sponsored

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
....Dates haven't changed since March. My son (who already owns a 2016 GT350) have two weeks planned in early June to drive Route 66, starting from Louisville to LA, then Route 66 back to Chicago.... .
Just saying, but you may need to drive one of your other cars. :)

It seems to me that the production is delayed due to things that can happen on a low production car (steering wheel or other stuff). This car is also not profitable to Ford as they would rather you buy a truck with the much higher profit margins. This is their halo car.

I like all of the new changes to the GT350 as well as to the GT350R. Both are great cars for performance on any race track in the USA.

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
I love the changes to the R except would have preferred the R stitching in the seat remain high. But then again, you never see it

Sponsored

fpa1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350R
I love red accents so it is hard not to like what they did. They even fixed the lackluster center console. Red seatbelts would have been nice though :)

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
I love the changes to the R except would have preferred the R stitching in the seat remain high. But then again, you never see it
I agree.

slikk66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt350, 1966 Mustang Coupe
The more I see the "comfort seats" compared to the recaros in the 2019 the more surprised I am at how similar they seem on the surface.

Sponsored

Woody25

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Woody
Vehicle(s)
2019 350R
Tired of calling Ford asking for my damn car. I feel like the guy who keeps pushing the elevator button thinking it might come quicker.

Time to find a new hobby.:surprised:

Reactions: GJB

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Tired of calling Ford asking for my damn car. I feel like the guy who keeps pushing the elevator button thinking it might come quicker.

Time to find a new hobby.:surprised:
Then stop calling. I was told when I went through this process that once a week was ok. Ford Performance gets updated Thursday or Friday. Calling more frequent than that is wasting your time and that of the poor guy on the other side of the line. Call once a week and let it be.

Easy for me to say, huh ?

Last edited:

Woody25

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Woody
Vehicle(s)
2019 350R
Then stop calling. I was told when I went through this process that once a week was ok. Ford Performance gets updated Tuesday or Friday. Calling more frequent than that is wasting your time and that of the poor guy on the other side of the line. Call once a week and let it be.

Easy for me to say, huh ?

yea, yea I only call them once a week. lol

Now here's the kicker, according to them the car is built and should arrive at the dealer 4/28, but the tracker hasn't updated since 4/9 and say's ETA is 4/30.:crazy:

Someone needs to get their act together.:yawn:

and yes very easy for you to say with 14 cars.lol

Reactions: GJB

03reptile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
yea, yea I only call them once a week. lol

Now here's the kicker, according to them the car is built and should arrive at the dealer 4/28, but the tracker hasn't updated since 4/9 and say's ETA is 4/30.:crazy:

Someone needs to get their act together.:yawn:

and yes very easy for you to say with 14 cars.lol
I went into full investigative mode today and finally spoke with someone who gave me the answers I was seeking. There was indeed a manufacturer's strike at the plant that makes the steering wheels for our cars. That is the reason my car has been sitting at the Flat Rock storage lot since 03/25/2019. I was told that the strike is over and the wheels are now being installed on the cars that are waiting. It may take several days before these cars start being loaded on a rail-car for transport. At least now I know why there was a delay. So for those of you who are as frustrated as I am, at least there is some light at the end of the tunnel! I figure I'll get mine sometime in early to mid May, barring any other Ford FUBAR's !
Sponsored