Sponsored

My horsey is too small - wahhhh... (CJPP Black front Mustang emblem)

rebellovw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
This is odd because the part number is correct - at least according to their catalog numbers:

Ford Licensed Product GO36 2015-2019 V6/EB/GT Gloss black.

I thought perhaps I ordered the back mustang - but no - I ordered the correct part:

2015-2019 V6/ECOBOOST/GT GLOSS BLACK FRONT GRILLE PONY EMBLEM
Part #: GO36

$59.99 1 $59.99

When I went to fit it after removing the original one (Fun!)- 2018 Mustang GT PP1 - it is much smaller than the one I removed and certainly will not fit into the grill cut out.

Anyone else encounter this? Perhaps this is normal - and is suppose to be this way? (hence me opening this thread.)

I've requested a refund and a new shipment from CJPP - but I just wanted to check as all the other parts were perfect. Seems really strange.

Also - I found it impossible to move the radiator enough to reach my hand in to break off the tabs on the old one - I tried and tried and I have skinny arms. I ended up drilling it out through the front which was really simple.

Not really a big deal as the front end already looks better with just the black cut out.

Thanks!
Sponsored

David Schmidt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 PP1 401A
I bought the matte black one (GO37 vs. GO36) and it was a perfect fit and match. Since I have the PP1 with fatter radiator too, I just broke the studs off the old one. No harm, no foul.
IMG_4100.jpg

OP
OP
rebellovw

rebellovw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I bought the matte black one (GO37 vs. GO36) and it was a perfect fit and match. Since I have the PP1 with fatter radiator too, I just broke the studs off the old one. No harm, no foul.
IMG_4100.jpg
Yep that fits perfectly and looks sharp. Mine is completely wrong and the pins are completely off. Very strange.

Monopoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2012 Civic Si
I coated all my emblems in black plastidip. Looks amazing. Way cheaper than replacing it with matte black

OP
OP
rebellovw

rebellovw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I coated all my emblems in black plastidip. Looks amazing. Way cheaper than replacing it with matte black
Yeah - that is the smart and economical way to do it (not to mention how you really customize something) -I always blacked out my own emblems with satin black rustoleum (old school) in the 80's - now that I'm older I just like buying the parts and installing them.

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Ahem.... whoa, what a thread title... well.... if that’s what you call it, I think you might be in the wrong forum...

:cwl:

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
I did the same thing with my front and back emblems. It's also a good way to see how something will look before going permanent. I ran around with plastidipped 5.0 emblems and finally decided I wanted them permanent, so I bought new ones. Easy.

To the OP, make sure what you ordered has the same P/N as what came to your door. Maybe they had a mixup of parts somewhere or pulled the wrong thing.
Sponsored