Sponsored

Why doesn't my 17 Ecoboost premium have the active grille shutters?

OP
OP
FreedomPenguin

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium, 2013 Scion tC.
must be the block warmer then, what exactly is the block warmer, I removed the little dongle as well. so if people want to have a block warmer, they just buy the little cord we removed? or is it something special on our engines.

good deal though, im not really mad anymore though. I read stories of peoples breaking and having to remove bumper to fix and saves me the hassle of future crap.
Sponsored

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
No block heater on my car, and I've been through 3 Canadian winters, keeping the car in an unheated garage with temps getting down to -30, and it starts up on the first try every time. I don't think the block heater is necessary for anyone south of the Arctic Circle.

4bangerECO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang ecoboost base w/ performance pack
It helps keep the engine block and oil warm/thinner, so when you cold start it at -30 Celsius, the oil won't be as thick and potentially cause harm to your engine over time.

Blue Moon, a block heater has nothing to do with the battery charge on your car. It's only used to heat the block.

Hope my answer helped :like:

linkysys

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Since the 2018 EB excludes the AGS, it should be possible to disable AGS in Forscan on the 15-17 for AGS delete. Does anyone know the Asbuilts in the PCM for this?
Sponsored