Sponsored

How much was your PPF and what brand did you use? Hows it holding up?

sdiver68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1 10R80 Vert
Vehicle Showcase
Are they a big area for chips on our cars?
Yes, particularly for people with square set-ups. I added extended splash rock guard also. So far, between the anchor room rear fender and splash guard no chips despite 10" front wheels.
Sponsored

Troutwrangler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP2 Magnetic Metallic
Yes, particularly for people with square set-ups. I added extended splash rock guard also. So far, between the anchor room rear fender and splash guard no chips despite 10" front wheels.
I added the rock/splash guards too. Anything to save those quarter panels...

OP
OP
FreedomPenguin

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium, 2013 Scion tC.
My oem wheels was 19x8.5 255/40/19 I bought 19x9.0 and swapped the rubber over fit just fine. I stayed squared as its a DD. so basically .5 wider than oem, I am thinking im fine. Pic for reference.
IMG_0259.JPG
IMG_0266.JPG

OP
OP
FreedomPenguin

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
Thanks. I picked it up last month as a leftover with 6 miles. sticker was 33k lol got it for 23k the chrome is because it was born as a pony package, I just bought a set of wheels from discount tire (performance pack) replica for 600, (really like them, powder coated black too) and a grille set for 100.

So with the savings off sticker, I spent the $ in ppf. Sucks to spend on something you cant really see, or feel. but it'll pay off. Its an Ecoboost prem not a gt.

Sponsored

Troutwrangler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP2 Magnetic Metallic
Thanks. I picked it up last month as a leftover with 6 miles. sticker was 33k lol got it for 23k the chrome is because it was born as a pony package, I just bought a set of wheels from discount tire (performance pack) replica for 600, (really like them, powder coated black too) and a grille set for 100.

So with the savings off sticker, I spent the $ in ppf. Sucks to spend on something you cant really see, or feel. but it'll pay off. Its an Ecoboost prem not a gt.
You got a deal!
I agree...the PPF is a lot of money to spend for in a sense "nothing" to show for it, but will be well worth it later on if we drive our Mustangs.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Running 19x10 285 squared and no chips on the rear quarters. I don't drive on many rocky roads or fresh gravel.

fiveoboy01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT 400A
You could re-paint the panels covered for that amount of $$
No you couldn't.

And the new paint would be susceptible to the same damage that the old paint was subjected to.

Price is fair, maybe a tick low for the work done, especially considering the edges were wrapped.

OP
OP
FreedomPenguin

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
He trimmed it all up, I really enjoy it. theres like one tiny imperfection bubble, but whatever its petty and 99% great. he said come back in one more week and if theres any small trims he will adjust it. but it looks solid, went through car wash and it held up fine.

hip hip hurray, and man. my front end stays glossy.

fiveoboy01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT 400A
Consider ceramic coating the PPF. Film is very porous and in some cases hard to clean depending on what gets on it. Ceramic coating it will make it much easier to clean, and it will repel things like bugs more easily.

Sponsored
OP
OP
FreedomPenguin

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
10 year warranty, lol let it get stained. Just get a new one, PPF cost will wear away quickly since I used automated washes

fiveoboy01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT 400A
Fair enough, but the film can be tough to get clean from the start. Why make it difficult for yourself.. A bottle of Halo is cheap($65 for a 30ml bottle which would cover half a car with two coats) and a DIYer can install it easily because it's made for DIYers.

OP
OP
FreedomPenguin

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
How tough? I literally just use Honda pro polish cleaner spray on and let sit and wipe off

I only do that for crap ton bees etc smudged into it
Otherwise rain washes it

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Whole front clip wrapped inXPel Ultimate, mirrors, side rockers, tail light panel and behind rear wheels. Paint correction, and then full Modesta ceramic on body and wheels. $4,200 This sincluded a return visit for a free wash and checkup 2 weeks later by the installer to make sure it all was sitting well around the edges and any bubbles had worked out.

For up keep I'm using Meguiar's Carnauba Wash and Wax and I just picked up from AutoFanatic 007 Gloss Enchancer to try out. Using a single bucket, multiple cloth/sponge method. Working really well so far.

fiveoboy01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT 400A
Whole front clip wrapped inXPel Ultimate, mirrors, side rockers, tail light panel and behind rear wheels. Paint correction, and then full Modesta ceramic on body and wheels. $4,200 This sincluded a return visit for a free wash and checkup 2 weeks later by the installer to make sure it all was sitting well around the edges and any bubbles had worked out.

For up keep I'm using Meguiar's Carnauba Wash and Wax and I just picked up from AutoFanatic 007 Gloss Enchancer to try out. Using a single bucket, multiple cloth/sponge method. Working really well so far.
Did the installer give you after care instructions?

Coatings generally should NOT be washed with gloss enhancing products or soaps as they clog the coating.
Sponsored