Ceramic coat

Wlozada87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Willie
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Hello guys so I just bought my first Mustang GT and have about 800 miles now. I’ve got a ceramic coat scheduled for this weekend at a place called diamond shine Motorsport in Florida. My biggest challenge down here in Florida is the freakin bugs. Especially love bugs. Will the ceramic coat make it easier to deal with them? I understand I still have to wash the car regularly but hoping they’ll come off easier than without. Anyone with experience on this please chime in. Thanks
Sponsored

CNC Lester

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lester
Vehicle(s)
18 great pp1. Lightning blue
Yes it will be easier. Ceramic or not don't let them bake on for multiple days.

Kaw8787

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
18 ecoboost mustang
Here’s what I’ve learned from ceramics. I got mine done almost immediately. If you see bird shit or murdered bugs on your car, get them off immediately. Especially in a state like Florida were it’s sunny basically all year round. The problem with ceramic coats is the layer is so thick (which is good, you want it to be) is that the sun bakes the guts and poo on there. And then if you let it sit, it creates almost a blemish where it was. And your paint will look uneven for a day or two. You ever see a car where they put a bumper sticker on the paint then remove it years later? It’s almost a version of that. Just not years of damage.

OP
OP

Wlozada87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Willie
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Yes it will be easier. Ceramic or not don't let them bake on for multiple days.
Thanks yeah and that’s the problem. I normally wash once a week and sometimes with the Florida sun those bugs already leave a mark after 6

Sponsored

OP
OP

Wlozada87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Willie
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Yeah and I drive about 20 miles straight down a road with nothing but trees and I can hear the bugs smacking the car almost everyday. I have to wash at least once a week so the they don’t damage clear coat. Thanks guys for the info hopeful the ceramic helps so they don’t stick so bad.

Kaw8787

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
18 ecoboost mustang
Idk if it helps with the sticky of the bugs. I haven’t put much thought into it. I wanna say yes? But I pay for an unlimited washes plan from an automatic car wash around here in Ohio that puts a clear coat on top of my ceramic every time I go through. And I go through like 2-3 times a week.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Idk if it helps with the sticky of the bugs. I haven’t put much thought into it. I wanna say yes? But I pay for an unlimited washes plan from an automatic car wash around here in Ohio that puts a clear coat on top of my ceramic every time I go through. And I go through like 2-3 times a week.
Two things: the auto car wash, unless it is one of those laser touchless ones, is hitting your car hard. Have you watched your paint at all to see if it is causing swirls through the ceramic? That's been one of my questions because I've got tons of microscratches from leaves falling on my car at work. Second, the clear coat minimizes the repelling properties of the ceramic from what I've read (unless it's also causing that to roll right off I guess).

OP
OP

Wlozada87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Willie
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Interesting. From where I’m getting my ceramic done, they offer 2 year 5 year and lifetime protection coat. I went for the 2 year. Not real sure what the differences are exactly but I’m hoping to just have do a quick hand wash a week after its applied and be done with it especially during Florida summer. I guess we’ll see.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting. From where I’m getting my ceramic done, they offer 2 year 5 year and lifetime protection coat. I went for the 2 year. Not real sure what the differences are exactly but I’m hoping to just have do a quick hand wash a week after its applied and be done with it especially during Florida summer. I guess we’ll see.
The longer the warranty, possibly the more layers they do of the product or they use a different coating. You'll also have to do maintenance sprays sometimes using something like a CarPro Reload.

Sponsored

Kaw8787

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
18 ecoboost mustang
The longer the years the harder and thicker the coat. And yes the auto car wash actually as I found out today, has removed most of my ceramic coat and micro swirled the fuck outta my shit. Which can be fixed. Don’t go through auto washes fellas lol. 2 year should cost about $300 5 year about $750. Ya gotta make sure the person knows what they’re doing.

obgod3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, PP1, 401A, A10
Well Im biting the bullet...going with Ceramic and Clear Bra on the front bumper....going GTECHNIQ and I think Suntek. Not a bad price really but I was really on the fence about the Suntek piece but I drive at least 400 Miles a week and likely more. Ceramic will include everything, detail and paint correction, wheels also. Hope Im happy with it. Car is a month old and got about 2800 miles on it.

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack
How much is all that going to cost you? I was looking at the same kind of package here in the Midwest but now I'm thinking about just learning how to do the paint correction and ceramic coating myself. I'd still pay for PPF. I can't even stand putting a screen protector on my phones :).

obgod3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, PP1, 401A, A10
I think Ill be at $1500 for everything.

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack
That seems pretty good. Not as familiar with those brands. The place I go to would be about $1800 for similar setup using Xpel for the PPF. Not sure what they use for ceramic coating but they give a 5 year guarantee. They have a 7 year product also. I'm actually considering doing paint correction and ceramic coating myself. Do the correction, let them put Xpel on (probably do all the way back to windshield and backs of mirrors), then do ceramic coating myself.
Sponsored