300mag

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Prem Vert
So whats the best option then?
if you have programmer such as ngauge sct or Cobb Acessport then get turned on with custom tune.

some are trying to get oil pressure gauge on digital gauge cluster to work by changing 1 wire oil pressure sensor to 3 wire sensor I'm hoping if this works this may also make oil pressure on PP gauge cluster to work also without a custom tune. it's a long shot but I'm going to see how this out before going custom tune route.
Sponsored

canyon ed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ED
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Convertible Premium Auto W/PP1 NVRMADE
So it has to be a different sensor at the motor then. That makes sense because the the dash read out says OP normal where the oil temp is on a gauge set up in the cluster like some other functions, Any pics of what the correct sensor and location of where to look thanks

300mag

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Prem Vert
So it has to be a different sensor at the motor then. That makes sense because the the dash read out says OP normal where the oil temp is on a gauge set up in the cluster like some other functions, Any pics of what the correct sensor and location of where to look thanks
the only proven way is the custom tune, but holding out hope that the new sensor will be viable route. it involes new sensor and wiring in the 2 additional wires. if @dawolf can get it to work on digital cluster then I will see if this makes it work on PP gauge cluster. I haven't checked but my understanding is the sensor is by the oil filter. you can read up towards the end of the below thread for. more info including sensor and connector pigtail part numbers.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/2018-digital-cluster-installation-guide.99275

canyon ed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ED
Vehicle(s)
D
the only proven way is the custom tune, but holding out hope that the new sensor will be viable route. it involes new sensor and wiring in the 2 additional wires. if @dawolf can get it to work on digital cluster then I will see if this makes it work on PP gauge cluster. I haven't checked but my understanding is the sensor is by the oil filter. you can read up towards the end of the below thread for. more info including sensor and connector pigtail part numbers.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/2018-digital-cluster-installation-guide.99275
Do you know what page to look at? thanks

Sponsored

canyon ed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ED
Vehicle(s)
Anyone know a mobile or shop tuner to enable my oil pressure gauge in SFV in So. Calif.? Just got a call back from Galpin Auto Sports in SFV CA and was told they could do the tune.

Last edited:

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
^^^ I have the same question. If I decide to upgrade, is there is a local guy around the Tacoma WA area that does basic tuning for this?

300mag

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Prem Vert
^^^ I have the same question. If I decide to upgrade, is there is a local guy around the Tacoma WA area that does basic tuning for this?
Anyone know a mobile or shop tuner to enable my oil pressure gauge in SFV in So. Calif.?
just need to call around to local shops that do custom tunes and has hp tuning software. it shouldn't be a problem finding a place in larger cities. the biggie issue wil be convincing them to do it since they may not be familiar with it. if you have plans of buying a tuner in the future this may be your best bet.

Odox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Javier
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Noob here, so just to be clear this can be installed on non-PP but can this be installed on non-Sync 3 (Premium Models)? I have a 2018 Ecoboost Base that I would be interested doing this to.

canyon ed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ED
Vehicle(s)
just need to call around to local shops that do custom tunes and has hp tuning software. it shouldn't be a problem finding a place in larger cities. the biggie issue wil be convincing them to do it since they may not be familiar with it. if you have plans of buying a tuner in the future this may be your best bet.
Can this be done W/ a SCTx4 tuner?

Sponsored

canyon ed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ED
Vehicle(s)
shouldn't be a problem with custom tune
GAS Galpin Auto Sports in SFV CA is going to handle it and I get a life time tune and at the same time they are going to install a Power pack 2. Also this way its all on Ford for 36k miles

sonicblue2004

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT California , Roush Phase 1 S/C w/ VMP Tune
The plug was there and we installed the GT 350 PP1 gauges but the oil pressure gauge is not working any ideas on what to do next. Oil temp works fine, We are almost there
IMG_5519.JPG
IMG_5527.JPG
IMG_5529.JPG
IMG_5533.JPG
IMG_5534.JPG

Where did you find the factory plug for the gauge pod? I have a 2017 premium too and can’t find it,.

300mag

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Prem Vert
Where did you find the factory plug for the gauge pod? I have a 2017 premium too and can’t find it,.
you need to remove bezel and radio display, once removed you will see a square cut out in the plastic dash structure behind display. I did cheat and only pulled the bezel far enough out to get to the screws that hold display in and then moved display out of the way to get to the plug(protect bezel and display with towels to prevent scratching) The harness is plugged into this hole on the opposite side. just reach behind and grab it. when I did mine I had to push the plug out from the front with a small screw driver(covered with electrical tape to prevent to prevent damage or shorting). see pic below borrowed from earlier post(hole circled in yellow)
9E7DA890-7324-4AAE-B3C8-DE87C4DC42EC (1).jpeg

canyon ed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ED
Vehicle(s)
you need to remove bezel and radio display, once removed you will see a square cut out in the plastic dash structure behind display. I did cheat and only pulled the bezel far enough out to get to the screws that hold display in and then moved display out of the way to get to the plug(protect bezel and display with towels to prevent scratching) The harness is plugged into this hole on the opposite side. just reach behind and grab it. when I did mine I had to push the plug out from the front with a small screw driver(covered with electrical tape to prevent to prevent damage or shorting). see pic below borrowed from earlier post(hole circled in yellow)
9E7DA890-7324-4AAE-B3C8-DE87C4DC42EC (1).jpeg
He is correct and 1 gauge works so far. Also disconnect the battery before you start this project
Sponsored