Sponsored

Custom Plates

Aurum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I'm ordering custom black plates from the DMV.

I want to make sure the letters are centered. On the selection page I inserted a space to achieve a perfect centering. On the checkout page it shows the lettering as off center.

Which page is correct? Any tips for the perfect fit?
Sponsored

Kudarat

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Konrad
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
How many characters u got? I have 7 without a space and the right side has a bigger space than he left.

OP
OP
Aurum

Aurum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
5 characters. I inserted a space using the / option but on the checkout page it slid to the side again.

Kudarat

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Konrad
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
did you put another / at the right side? or PM [MENTION=18321]Blitz2016[/MENTION] how he did it. :)
Capture.PNG
Capture1.PNG

OP
OP
Aurum

Aurum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I didn't put the left / because it causes it to be offcenter in the main screen. With just the right / its perfect.

Interesting that it works with fuller characters.

Sponsored

krazieboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JT
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red EB, Manual, PP, Navi, 201a etc.
just expect like a 3 month wait... i'm like a week off from 3 months now -_- still waiting for my plates.

Steeeliskt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Manual
Crazy. Must be because they are custom. I ordered the black plates with random sequential and received them back in like 2 weeks.

Blitz2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT Premium with Saddle
I just sent you a PM but I just revisited the DMV site to refresh my memory. Dont use the /, only check off the blank box underneath (dont select anything from drop down menu) before and after your 5 characters. The / is a half space not full. This should work as thats what I did.:thumbsup:

I didn't put the left / because it causes it to be offcenter in the main screen. With just the right / its perfect.

Interesting that it works with fuller characters.

Gdyup50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
How do you change your plates from a specialty one to one of these black ones? I don't see an option for just switching plates

krazieboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JT
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red EB, Manual, PP, Navi, 201a etc.
Crazy. Must be because they are custom. I ordered the black plates with random sequential and received them back in like 2 weeks.
Yea.. They r slow as ****. Took them a monthish to deny my first request -_-.

Sent from my SM-N915P using Tapatalk

Sponsored
OP
OP
Aurum

Aurum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I just sent you a PM but I just revisited the DMV site to refresh my memory. Dont use the /, only check off the blank box underneath (dont select anything from drop down menu) before and after your 5 characters. The / is a half space not full. This should work as thats what I did.:thumbsup:
Just to double check, do you click the checkbox under the first character to get it centered or the blank space before it? Both options do it for me on the main selection screen.

I can't check the boxes under both the blank spaces - only one. When I move into the confirm screen it then shows it off centered.

Blitz2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT Premium with Saddle
I just messed with it again. I also just did it without checking anything before and after the 5 characters and it was centered. It also might have to do with what kind of characters you put. I noticed that on the confirmation screen it has in red fine print that it will vary on actual plate. I think if you leave boxes before and after completely blank it should be center. Hope this helps

Just to double check, do you click the checkbox under the first character to get it centered or the blank space before it? Both options do it for me on the main selection screen.

I can't check the boxes under both the blank spaces - only one. When I move into the confirm screen it then shows it off centered.
2016-02-20 08.48.00.jpg
2016-02-20 08.53.15.jpg

Rover

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scotty
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT , Porsche Boxster S, BMW X5d, FORD Transit Diesel, 2500 Ram Diesel, Mazda CX5
Vehicle Showcase
New member - first post. Plates took about 2 months to arrive at the local DMV. I love the black on black. We think they were worth the wait - you be the judge.
3.3.jpg
3.0.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: