Sponsored

Taillights with Sequential Amber and 3-bars Brake MOD!

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Fastback Mustang GT
....or use the clutch for braking if Ur a manual guy:shrug:

On a serious note tho: My rears behave strangely sometimes. It started with just the right side that sometimes would not light up when I opened the car (no difference if manual or by keyfob). Sometimes both rears work, sometimes only one. When I installed a new steeringwheel I took the battery off, and after successful install, I put the battery on again. Later a dude told me that my stoplights wasn't working. 3rd brakelight worked fine. With another 'restart' of the battery they worked fine again. But sometimes they don't come on when I start the car. Sketchy driving without those brakelights. Wires ARE fine. Checked, double and tripplechecked. The other day they weren't on, another driver told me. Stopped/Started the car and light were on again. Does anyone have the same behavior? What can it be?
Yup I have the exact same thing. During the summer, everything was fine, now during the winter some strange things happen to the car :lol:

You don't need to stop/start the car, you just have to use the light switch and turn off all your lights (to the '0' position) and turn them on again, this solve the problem everytime :thumbsup:

I think there's some issues with the batterie, when the voltage is too low, the modules in the lights are doing strange things...
Sponsored

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
[MENTION=14834]John577[/MENTION] [MENTION=23991]LarsenGrind[/MENTION] I would suggest that you contact our supplier, so that he comes back with a solution to the issue. Once he comes back with an answer, would you be able to share it with the rest of us, in case this happens to anyone else? :cheers:

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Fastback Mustang GT
[MENTION=14834]John577[/MENTION] [MENTION=23991]LarsenGrind[/MENTION] I would suggest that you contact our supplier, so that he comes back with a solution to the issue. Once he comes back with an answer, would you be able to share it with the rest of us, in case this happens to anyone else? :cheers:
I don't think it's a light issue but more an issue from the car. I don't have the problem every day. The problem only happen when I left the car for one day or more, when I use the car all the day with a few stop/start, everything is fine :shrug:

LarsenGrind

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lars
Vehicle(s)
2017 Euro-Spec GT
I think U are right John, regarding the low voltage. I have a build-in GPS tracker (for insurance reasons). The tracker has an app on my phone, that lets me know when the voltage is low. Usually when it's in the low 10's. And I only get this notification when I don't drive it for a good period. I allways think of it as my car misses me...:lol:

mikonst

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mihai
Vehicle(s)
2016 2.3 Ecoboost PP Coupe Silver
Hi,
I am reading this thread for a while and decided to join the discussion because I see you are reporting weird behavior of the right tail light.
I'm now waiting to receive the 3rd replacement of that lamp from our supplier who, by the way, does a great job.
Both previous failures were at the inner bar: position and brake went off and stayed off. The 1st time right from power on, 2nd time after a while (one week maybe).
I do not really believe in coincidences, so I suspect the car. Could it be? However, there is no failure prompt or pending failure on CAN-bus. Yet, I can't access the MSCAN.
Your comments are welcome. Thanks.

Sponsored

Bazzie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang ecoboost
Someone interested in a set of modified polish usa taillights.
Latest version (summer 2017 with harness).
I will sell my car with the oem white lights. Send me a pm

GTsteveMkII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Ford Falcon 30th Anniversary EL GT
Hi guys, sorry if this has been asked before, I've had a pretty good search but havent been able to find much. Is there a thread somewhere on what needs to be done to the US tail lights to get them operating in our EURO/AUS spec Mustang's? I have a set on their way over from the US but have no idea what I need to do to get them working the way the Americans do with the three brake lights and sequential indicators.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Steve.

whokilledkaji

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Premium
Hello all,
I’m so glad I found this thread!!!

I live in Japan and I’m getting a US spec 2018 mustang next week. I ordered a set of clear Euro taillights with amber sequential from the supplier in Poland and they will arrive soon. My dealer will install the taillights, but I have to explain the instructions to them in Japanese. The supplier has been really nice and helpful, but I’m pretty clueless about this stuff. Here is my current understanding along with some questions:

1. Remove old and Install new taillights.
  2. Connect new taillight’s OEM connector to car-side harness OEM connector.
  3. Cut turn signal wire (from pin 3) on car-side harness before OEM connector.
  4. Run a new wire from cut turn signal wire up to front BCM and connect to the front turn signal terminals for left and right. (WIll there already be a wire in the front BCM for the front turn signals? If yes, do I connect to that wire or replace it?)
  5. Connect stop signal wire to front BCM. (Where does this wire come from?) (WIll there already be a wire in the front BCM for the stop signal? If yes, do I connect to that wire or replace it?)
  6. Cut the loop cable to enable sequential turn signals when braking. (On one or both lights?)
  7. Connect 12v power cable to rear BCM. (There are two of these?)

What do you do after you cut some of these wires? Tape them up?

Thanks so much! I really need some guidance!!!

kwpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
I bought these sequential turn signal modules. These are the 3rd edition and allow you to switch turn indicator modes easily back to stock turn indicators for situitations like car inspection. :clap:
52776736-15-20-Ford-Mustang-Modul-fuer-Blinklicht-Sequentiell-EU-Version-5_600x600.jpg

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
These are the ones that will flash your taillights in a red-red-amber sequence.. horrible

Sponsored

kwpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
These are the ones that will flash your taillights in a red-red-amber sequence.. horrible
I think they look good. Definitely better than the boring stock EU signals.
" Different strokes for different folks " :wink:

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
Besides personal taste, I bet police won't be happy to see a "christmas tree"-like effect when you turn :)

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
:cwl:

kwpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
Besides personal taste, I bet police won't be happy to see a "christmas tree"-like effect when you turn :)
Perhaps that's an issue with Italian police. Honestly, I don't know if German police would notice or even care. In Germany , some Audi models have sequential turn signals. U.S. spec Mustangs have sequential turn signals. I also know that German police know there are different specs related to cars like the Mustang. EU / US differences and they simply don't know everything. Often the police go on a feeling or hunch there is something illegal. Also, I understand there have been many of these exotic ponycar modules sold in Germany. I think if there was an issue with legality it would be general knowledge at this point. Nevertheless, if the police have and issue with these signals , I can easily switch module mode back to boring EU turn signal. :fingerscrossed:
Sponsored