LIGHTNING350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 shelby Gt350
Vehicle Showcase
Thinking about doing this upgrade. Wanted some feedback from people who have. Any added NVH? Is it worth it ? Overall happiness with it, would you highly recommend ?
Sponsored

alan0614

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Oxford/Blue
Absolutely love my MGW. Incredible quality, tight, precise shifts with little to no NVH.

JCSIX13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
best mod I have done to my GT350. You will love it!

Kado

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 H4866
Counterpoint and unpopular opinion. I did it and while the construction and feel was fantastic, the throw from 4-5 and the push down for reverse just wasn't doing it for me. If the stock gt350 shifter wasn't as nice as it was, it would be a no brainer. I reverted back to stock after a few months.

Onyx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R, Acura RDX
I absolutely love my MGW shifter, Night and day difference compared to the factory. It just make you feel more connected to the transmission and a more positive feel when shifting. Great mod and George the owner is great to deal with and has top notch customer service. I didn't notice any added NHV, I don't feel as though you will regret it.

Last edited:

Sponsored

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Thinking about doing this upgrade. Wanted some feedback from people who have. Any added NVH? Is it worth it ? Overall happiness with it, would you highly recommend ?
Every minute you waste thinking about it will be another minute more you regret waiting after you finally take action and roll through the gears the first time. The question about MGW has been asked on here 1000 times or more and every reply is the same.......JUST DO IT! Had one on my 13. LOVED IT!

5.2 liters of democracy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray GT350
It's worth it for the bolt-action feel alone. I wasn't a fan of the push down reverse at first, but it grows on you. You can always change the feel of the MGW by swapping springs out. There's some good write-ups on doing that kind of thing from the Corvette guys.

OP
OP
LIGHTNING350

LIGHTNING350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 shelby Gt350
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you all for your feedback and opinions.
I spoke to a performance shop out here and while the guy I spoke to prefers the mgw to the stock shifter. He did say that in colder temps it acts up a bit and also stated that it is a lot more effort shifting. Also stated the precision and quality is a trade off he would take all day.

datadatum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350
Just received my box of MGW goodies yesterday. Plan to re-watch the video and start installation tomorrow!

LFG_Cory

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2018 SHELBY GT350 LEAD FOOT GREY
NVH??? FNG question :)

Sponsored
OP
OP
LIGHTNING350

LIGHTNING350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 shelby Gt350
Vehicle Showcase
Counterpoint and unpopular opinion. I did it and while the construction and feel was fantastic, the throw from 4-5 and the push down for reverse just wasn't doing it for me. If the stock gt350 shifter wasn't as nice as it was, it would be a no brainer. I reverted back to stock after a few months.
Can you please explain more about your gripe from 4-5 shift?

OP
OP
LIGHTNING350

LIGHTNING350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 shelby Gt350
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure why everyone complains so much whether reverse is a pull up or push down.
That has no bearing in my decision what so ever.
What is the difference if you have to push or pull , I mean how often are you in reverse? Lol lol

OP
OP
LIGHTNING350

LIGHTNING350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 shelby Gt350
Vehicle Showcase
Just received my box of MGW goodies yesterday. Plan to re-watch the video and start installation tomorrow!
Awesome man - report back if you could on your likes and dislikes (if any).......
Thanks
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.