Someone was sleeping on the job

expeditionroasters

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt #4310 & 1968 Mustang Fastback Bullitt
I picked up the dual horns to replace the single on on the Bullitt and found after removing the radiator shroud cover an oops.
One of the brackets that hold the radiator had only one bolt instead of two and that one was was very loose. I tightened the one bolt down but will have to get another the next time it's in for service.
While not a major issue it's still a little disheartening to find especially when you drop over 50k on a car.
Sponsored

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I picked up the dual horns to replace the single on on the Bullitt and found after removing the radiator shroud cover an oops.
One of the brackets that hold the radiator had only one bolt instead of two and that one was was very loose. I tightened the one bolt down but will have to get another the next time it's in for service.
While not a major issue it's still a little disheartening to find especially when you drop over 50k on a car.
I guess Friday cars still do exist! Lol sorry to hear.

OP
OP
expeditionroasters

expeditionroasters

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erick
Vehicle(s)
Except mine was built on a Tuesday! Must have been a rough Monday :)

Sponsored

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
In replacing my single horn with a dual horn, I removed the CAI. It occurred to me as I was re-instlling basically the same horn bracket with dual horns that the second horn on the standard GT setup I was installing made getting to the bracket bolt VERY difficult.

I'm wondering if Ford assembly people decided it would make it too difficult (i.e. slower) to assembly on the line.

OP
OP
expeditionroasters

expeditionroasters

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erick
Vehicle(s)
It was harder to install the bolt back in with the second horn but I doubt that was the reason for the change. The horn assembly may be put on before some of the components like the headlamps too which would make it easier. Often times there are even specialized tools to make installation of hard to reach areas easier on the assembly line.
Sponsored