Sponsored

GT350 Engine Refresh Time!

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Good stuff Kevin. It's been a long road and now its time to enjoy the fruits of your labor.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Excited for you buddy.
Too cool. Crossing my fingers for you man.

FYI - when I built my last Coyote - there IS some trickery for holding the cams and aligning everything up. They ONLY line up on the initial alignment. If you rotate the engine at all, it takes...I don't remember how many...revolutions for the links on the chains to come back to the original alignment. Also, on my Boss camshafts, one of the boxes was damaged in shipping but the cam seemed OK...until I started getting the same code you are. It turned out that the reluctor/pickup/sprocket/whateveryoucallit on the back of the cam that the sensor reads was slightly bumped and that's all it took to loosen it up. With the cover off, I could move it by hand and once that alignment was off, there was no fixing it...installed a new cam.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Too cool. Crossing my fingers for you man.

FYI - when I built my last Coyote - there IS some trickery for holding the cams and aligning everything up. They ONLY line up on the initial alignment. If you rotate the engine at all, it takes...I don't remember how many...revolutions for the links on the chains to come back to the original alignment. Also, on my Boss camshafts, one of the boxes was damaged in shipping but the cam seemed OK...until I started getting the same code you are. It turned out that the reluctor/pickup/sprocket/whateveryoucallit on the back of the cam that the sensor reads was slightly bumped and that's all it took to loosen it up. With the cover off, I could move it by hand and once that alignment was off, there was no fixing it...installed a new cam.
I should elaborate - The main thing I was getting at was - that pickup is pressed onto the cam and it doesn't seem like it's on there very good.

Sponsored

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Sound so great! Hopefully I'll hear it in person at Watkins Glen in September :thumbsup:

OP
OP
honeybadger

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
@honeybadger that sounds awesome! Youve probably noted it somewhere, but what exhaust do you have on that monster again?
Running an ARH catless system - includes the long tubes, catless mid pipes, and their x pipe. Ties into the oem mufflers right before the bracket in the back.

Sponsored
OP
OP
honeybadger

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
The engine has been refreshed.

Time to lock the thread :clap:

Congrats Kevin! Sounds sick as hell.
Have a few more updates to add, but yep, we're close. Of course we still need dyno numbers and a total build cost (still been too scared to finalize that).

Austinj427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Lol ignorance is bliss.

I don't even want to know what I have spent on shit over the years. Let alone this monster lol.

5.2 liters of democracy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray GT350
Running an ARH catless system - includes the long tubes, catless mid pipes, and their x pipe. Ties into the oem mufflers right before the bracket in the back.
Any clearance issues with the ARH headers? I remember someone saying they were extremely close to the valve covers and feared the plastic eventually melting.

OP
OP
honeybadger

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Any clearance issues with the ARH headers? I remember someone saying they were extremely close to the valve covers and feared the plastic eventually melting.
Nope. They're a damn tight fit, but I have a decent amount of clearance. They do get close to the plastic valve covers, but mine are wrapped in the DEI exhaust wrap, so there is some heat deflection. I'll try and take some pics in the next couple of days.
Sponsored