AuthorityHvngJurisdiction
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
Metrolink
Happy Hump Day!

I am looking at purchasing some stuff from Adam's and was wondering if I could get away with using the following three products only;

Interior Detailer - seems like the go to detailer for all interior bits; concerned as the site doesn't mention chrome and there's some chrome bits on the vents, door handle, etc. I have the premium so the inserts are leather but heard since it's sealed we don't need to condition it, correct me if I'm wrong. Otherwise would their Leather & Interior Cleaner be the better option. If we do need to condition, should I get a bottle of their Leather Conditioner?

Glass Cleaner - pretty much self explanatory, outside and inside use.

VRT - I'd like to get a clean dark, shiny, non greasy finish to trim on the outside, splitter, grill, etc. The "In and Out" spray also looks good but trying to get the most use out of each bottle.

I'm looking to keep it to 3 products only, as budget is currently limited.

If you have something else you'd like to recommend that works too, Thank you for your time.
Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I only use VRT out of your list, but I like it. I use it on my tires and chin spoiler. I wish I had taken a shot of the chin spoiler before I put it on or even halfway through so you can see the difference it made, but here is the final result. I don't clean my tires at all, just rub VRT on them.
MVIMG_20190413_094707.jpg

OP
OP
THE_AHJ

THE_AHJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
Metrolink
I only use VRT out of your list, but I like it. I use it on my tires and chin spoiler. I wish I had taken a shot of the chin spoiler before I put it on or even halfway through so you can see the difference it made, but here is the final result. I don't clean my tires at all, just rub VRT on them.
MVIMG_20190413_094707.jpg
Damn...that's nice. Thanks for chiming in and the pictures helps a bunch too. My chin splitter is a bit dull, so things are looking up.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Interior detailer is really good, though I can't comment on the chrome. Jury is still out on the glass cleaner. Didn't do the best job on my windshield last time but that could be user error, so I'm not decided on that one yet.

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Good shortlist of products there, I have all 3 in my arsenal...

Interior detailer - my interior has a few chrome pieces & I've not had any issues with the interior detailer spray, works really well for me. In all honesty, I don't do much actual cleaning with it, just a bit of a wipe down to remove any light scuff marks, remove dust etc. Interesting note on the seats being sealed - don't know the answer to that. I know a fair amount about detailing, but not leather care! I own & have used the leather cleaner and the conditioner on mine - but have only done so once in the 2 years I've had the car. I'd say they are not a necessity, nice as a once/twice a year "treat" but overkill for regular cleaning - just a wipe down with mf towel should do the job for maintenance purposes on the leather. Alternative is to purchase some leather wipes for a more thorough clean - relatively cheap, but cannot give you any recommendations on that.

VRT - very versatile and a good value product IMO. Great on tyres and trim, leaves a nice, non greasy finish. Not super long lasting/durable - in terms of once its applied, but the product itself will last ages. I'm sure I've got 80% of my bottle left after 18 months! But then I do use the "tire shine" for the rubber, which is a bit glossier than VRT. (a must if you happen to have black wheels!).

Glass cleaner - I've used a handful of different ones in the last 3 years or so & the Adams one stands out as the best by far. Good as a cleaner and the only one I've seen that does a good job of repelling water - not as well as a glass sealant, but for a cleaner it was a good highlight to see.

I could waffle on for ages about Adams products/detailing so shoot away if you have any more questions! I'd say other essentials would be the normal (blue) shampoo and the blue wheel cleaner also, along with tools & towels.

Sponsored

OP
OP
THE_AHJ

THE_AHJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
Metrolink
Good shortlist of products there, I have all 3 in my arsenal...

Interior detailer - my interior has a few chrome pieces & I've not had any issues with the interior detailer spray, works really well for me. In all honesty, I don't do much actual cleaning with it, just a bit of a wipe down to remove any light scuff marks, remove dust etc. Interesting note on the seats being sealed - don't know the answer to that. I know a fair amount about detailing, but not leather care! I own & have used the leather cleaner and the conditioner on mine - but have only done so once in the 2 years I've had the car. I'd say they are not a necessity, nice as a once/twice a year "treat" but overkill for regular cleaning - just a wipe down with mf towel should do the job for maintenance purposes on the leather. Alternative is to purchase some leather wipes for a more thorough clean - relatively cheap, but cannot give you any recommendations on that.

VRT - very versatile and a good value product IMO. Great on tyres and trim, leaves a nice, non greasy finish. Not super long lasting/durable - in terms of once its applied, but the product itself will last ages. I'm sure I've got 80% of my bottle left after 18 months! But then I do use the "tire shine" for the rubber, which is a bit glossier than VRT. (a must if you happen to have black wheels!).

Glass cleaner - I've used a handful of different ones in the last 3 years or so & the Adams one stands out as the best by far. Good as a cleaner and the only one I've seen that does a good job of repelling water - not as well as a glass sealant, but for a cleaner it was a good highlight to see.

I could waffle on for ages about Adams products/detailing so shoot away if you have any more questions! I'd say other essentials would be the normal (blue) shampoo and the blue wheel cleaner also, along with tools & towels.
:like: thanks for the detailed reply. Based on your that, I'll pull the trigger on these 3. I'll pick up the wash on the next go around. I was gifted a CG Honeydew gallon that I use in my foam cannon so I gotta wait for it to run out before I go spending more money. I normally use MF and warm water to clean up the inside but I have not given it a proper cleaning in 2 years so I think it's time.

S550ilver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I use the Interior Detailer and Glass Cleaner. The detailer leaves a slight film on the chrome but I just wipe it off and it's all good to go. The Glass Cleaner is great stuff too.

RickBetterley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium convertible
If saving money is critical, maybe make your own glass cleaner from vinegar and water?

OP
OP
THE_AHJ

THE_AHJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
Metrolink
If saving money is critical, maybe make your own glass cleaner from vinegar and water?
It is and it isn't :wink:, I'd prefer to save it for mods. I have a disease you see, I tend to overspend on stuff that I don't need or won't use. I have 2 spare deck lids, a spare grille, for some reason or another I bought 2 rear PP wheels, put them up front on my car for a square set up and then ended up buying P51's 101RF a week later, was able to sell the square set but still have the smaller wheels in the garage, spare battery cover brand spanking new in box and an additional set of hood vents with turn signals. I've toned it down some but as you can see I'm not cured yet because in the original post I mentioned:

"If we do need to condition, should I get a bottle of their Leather Conditioner?"

Indicative of overspending.....

:curse: if I had it my way, I'd pick up way more of their stuff along with some Megiuars and CG, just to try them all. Impulse buyer really :crackup:

Thanks for the reply. I'll order these 3 and see where detailing takes me:question:

RickBetterley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium convertible
Ah, that kind of ‘got to save money’!
Sponsored