Sponsored

2020 EcoBoost High Performance Package, 330 HP / 350 LB-FT, 0-60 mid 4's [Updated With Video]

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
You don't really think you're going to get the High Performance package on a base car. I bet the High performance package will start at 36k.
Check the press cars, they don't have fog lights or leather on all of them which means it is coming on base cars.
Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
2020-mustang-ecoboost-high-performance-package-24-jpg.jpg

2020-mustang-ecoboost-high-performance-package-31-jpg.jpg

Looks like driving lights to me and Recaro's

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
There are TWO packages for the 2.3 High Output...

The performance package comes with Magneride and better equipment.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like driving lights to me and Recaro's
And now look at the orange one again...

Both packages should be available on base from what they're focusing on.

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I did a walk around of these cars today and went over the details of it if anyone is interested:
Thanks for the up close on the faux cap also, I am more tempted to get this panel, I went from the busy 19 GT/CS panel to Blank... but this simple colored tribar pony looks good and would match the colored tribar pony already on the front which is same as this as well.

Sponsored

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring

88lx50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible 6 speed
I like this car. Thinking about it for my wife if the MSRP is reasonable.

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
Why the hell wouldn't Ford just name it the Mustang Ecoboost RS since that is what people are goi
There are TWO packages for the 2.3 High Output...

The performance package comes with Magneride and better equipment.
The Mustang Ecoboost High Performance Package with the Performance Package(HPP/PP)? Has Michigan legalized weed because I think the marketing people are high. That is way too many words for Mustang owners. Ecoboost S and Ecoboost RS would have been a much better choice instead of Ecoboost HPP/PP.

It will be interesting to see how the Ecoboost HPP/PP does compared to the Focus RS around Nurburgring.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
What really is the most disappointing part of the package is the recycling of the California Special grill.
2020-mustang-ecoboost-hpp-03-jpg.jpg
Honestly, could it be better yes, is it better than the honeycomb, aboslutly,.
Why the hell wouldn't Ford just name it the Mustang Ecoboost RS since that is what people are goi

The Mustang Ecoboost High Performance Package with the Performance Package(HPP/PP)? Has Michigan legalized weed because I think the marketing people are high. That is way too many words for Mustang owners. Ecoboost S and Ecoboost RS would have been a much better choice instead of Ecoboost HPP/PP.

It will be interesting to see how the Ecoboost HPP/PP does compared to the Focus RS around Nurburgring.
I bet many will just say eco hi-po. Wait I just realized what that spelled hahahahaha. OMG the mustang hipo hahaha

Sponsored

d1zguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT 401a MT82
I don't think you understand what down-low torque means.
Ecoboost have full boost at 2,300rpms... even lower rpm if need and you update components to forged. But the ecoboost has boost nearly off idle. Throttle response on 4 cyl turbos will always be an issue, but don't confuse it with lag.
meh, call it what you want; the feeling of lack of throttle response may as well be lag. I've had turbo 4 cylinders, don't like the feeling of going slower the faster the engine rev's. I'll stick to large displacement NA or twin turbo supercharged cars. No 4 Cyl cars for me any more! At least not for daily fun duty.

Last edited:

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost
meh, call it what you want; the feeling of lack of throttle response may as well be lag. I've had turbo 4 cylinders, don't like the feeling of going slower the faster the engine rev's. I'll stick to large displacement NA or twin turbo supercharged cars. No 4 Cyl cars for me any more! At least not for daily fun duty.
Ford Performance's tune does a tremendous job on throttle and smooth shifting. I could not imagine driving that car without that tune.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Honestly, could it be better yes, is it better than the honeycomb, aboslutly,.

I bet many will just say eco hi-po. Wait I just realized what that spelled hahahahaha. OMG the mustang hipo hahaha

2.3L EB HP0...
Sponsored