Sponsored

Q1 2019 sales

Medsport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard Premium GT automatic
Interesting that Camaro is gaining ground and I'm considering getting one. Although I too am not sold on the new front end and is why I'm trying to find a left over 18 in the color combo I like, but not too many left. I was going to get a Challenger SP, but even with sales starting to stagnate, they don't seem to want to discount them to the point I want to pull the trigger. Plus they don't have the options and interior colors you can get with Chevy or Ford. I didn't realize Ford had the 0% last month either. IDK, the mustang is still marginally the quickest, easiest to live with, has decent discounts and I already have a second set of wheels, but the styling (especially the front and side view) is getting old after having a couple of them. I always wanted a deep red and white interior, so maybe I should stay with the mustang. Any rumors of any changes for 2020 except for the new colors and ecoboost performance update?
Sponsored

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Maybe if GM sold their cars in right hand drive like Ford did with the Mustang it would help their sales a bit. Liking the Camaro revised front so I would consider one in the UK

edco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007GT & 2017V6_ great Steeda & AM mods
That looks great, wish the revised Mustang looked more like that
Buy a Camaro and epoxy a chrome Pony on it. GM treats Camaro like Mr. Potato Head. Same body, new nose. The ‘19 Camaro nose is Mustang inspired with the strong horizontal mid bumper and outline of upper and lower grill trapezoids, an S197 GT500 thing and S550 every model thing. Regardless of what nose it wears the rest of the potato is still Camaro toilet seat hood, sardine can trunk lid, machine gun nest green house, toysrus dashboard, and fat back rear end. Any wonder that GM design trended to Mustang? View attachment 357604
2020C6G_i.jpg

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

Sponsored

Bullitt0819

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
The same old camaro lover bullshit. Mustang is the resound there has been a camaro twice. camaro has almost always had the performance edge on Mustang but it's Mustang not any other pony that has been in continues production for 55 years. 305hp camaro died in 2002 killed by a 260hp GT and its going to die again Why because Mustang makes a personal connection with people that no other car has and maximum performance doesn't mean much to 99% of those buying pony cars.
This. Camaro was a 'me too' car from the start.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like the Cheshire Cat on some really bad drugs
img151181434-1534447747390.jpg

:puke:

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 350 Lead-foot grey
Interesting comment. This confirms a YouTube ZL1 v GT350 video where two guys drive both on a track. Driving confirmed the ZL1 was mini-faster in certain competition aspects, but both choose the GT350. Conclusions: the ZL1 is amazing when doing high speed, high G Force, on the edge stuff, but when not, it is just another car, the GT350 was exciting in everything it did.

I drove one Camaro, a C5G SS premium everything. Thought the build quality excellent, the power massive, the forward visibility frustrating in turns, the dash awful, and the ride worse than my solid axle GT despite IRS and longer wheel base. Most of all, when just tooling around to get a feel for the car, it seemed like just another car. It had no personality. Camaros are not Mustangs. I don’t race but like to performance drive and Mustang is my choice.
I had a ‘16 SS with a 6 Speed. I enjoyed it as much as the ZL 1. If not more. I am currently looking for a used SS with the 1 LE package to go with the GT. You under estimate the Camaro.

edco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007GT & 2017V6_ great Steeda & AM mods
I had a ‘16 SS with a 6 Speed. I enjoyed it as much as the ZL 1. If not more. I am currently looking for a used SS with the 1 LE package to go with the GT. You under estimate the Camaro.
I won't argue your point, i probably did underestimate, the drive was about a dozen miles. Different drivers look for different things in a car.
There are drivers crazy about Camaro. I did take away however, that C5G and S197 are different worlds. I prefer the S197. Now the C6G
and S550 I suspect are closer in overall experience. Both cars got more like the other. I like what i drive and just want to keep at it, do the same.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Trolls are starting to take this forum over again

Sponsored

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 350 Lead-foot grey
Trolls are starting to take this forum over again
You say the same thing over and over. Troll is your favorite word when you can't come up with anything intelligent, I guess.

So why is a past and current Mustang owner a troll when he has experience in the Camaros, too, and expresses them?

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You say the same thing over and over. Troll is your favorite word when you can't come up with anything intelligent, I guess.

So why is a past and current Mustang owner a troll when he has experience in the Camaros, too, and expresses them?
And the camaro trolls continue trolling

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Competition is good, unfortunately it does kind of look like a one pony race (pun intended). I have always said the main problem with the 6G Camaro is the engineers actually tried to build exactly what the designers sketched out. It seems like at automotive design school they teach everyone to draw concept cars with preposterously high belt-lines, impractically small windows and unrealistically huge wheels. You guys know the look, pretty much all automotive concept art looks like that. Usually somewhere between the sketch and the real car reality sets in. Belt-lines are lowered, windows get bigger. Not with the 6G Camaro. It seemed to be GMs goal to make one look just like the drawing, and that wasn't good. All GM needs to do to fix the Camaro stylistically is make it look more like a normal car and less of a caricature.
Chip Foose is an example of the above. I cringe whenever that guy gets a hold of a classic or modern muscle car.

Rinzler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
As a person about to buy a lightly used 2018, upgrading from my S197 GT, the new Gen is quite the performer and looker. Also, the Camaro6 forums are imploding over there, lol.

Ford has done something Chevy has not, and that's retained the Mustang's identity throughout the generations and upgrades. We know what a Mustang is, we know what a Mustang stands for, and so does general society. They know what a Shelby is and they know what it means when they see a Cobra badge on a Mustang. Hell, a good number of them know what a Bullitt is now based on the ad cycle Ford went on a few years ago.

The Challenger is obviously the retro drag car. No doubt about what that car is trying to be or who it's trying to appeal to. The Hellcat and Demon were absolute beacons for sales for all models of Challenger. A true halo car if I've ever seen one.

The Camaro is lost. Who's that car trying to appeal to? What is the soul and brand of that car? Is it a muscle car? Is it a sports car? Is something else? I wish GM realized that you can't beat performance numbers into the average consumer and expect them to make a purchase based on track figures they'll never see or experience. The Camaro will continue to languish on GM dealer lots with their sophisticated alpha platform, great torque-y engine, and absolutely soulless presence for years to come.

The thing looking like it's gearing up for the next Transformers movie doesn't help either...
Sponsored

Last edited: