Sponsored

2020 EcoBoost High Performance Package, 330 HP / 350 LB-FT, 0-60 mid 4's [Updated With Video]

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
Because Ford said it is and made it a sub model. This is just a package on the Ecoboost like the Performance Package is.
Although this EB will be serialized, so it is a bit different than just adding the PP.

As for the EB vs GT debate, this is retarded. I love the tuned 3.5 in my F-150. 4x4 launches at 2,500 rpm on 33's are frightening. Low end torque is brutal. It pulls my 8,500 lb TT like an angry mule. But, it does not have the heart and soul of the high revving 5.0. Put twins on the 5.0 and all discussion is over. Two different animals for two different tastes.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Can anyone photoshop that^ car black, or blue or some color that is not offsetting, plz.
Messed around with the hue, that's about all I can do for ya

Although this EB will be serialized, so it is a bit different than just adding the PP.
I'd hope it makes a difference for resale value, but who knows.
red3.jpg
blueish2.jpg

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)

As for the EB vs GT debate, this is retarded. I love the tuned 3.5 in my F-150. 4x4 launches at 2,500 rpm on 33's are frightening. Low end torque is brutal. It pulls my 8,500 lb TT like an angry mule. But, it does not have the heart and soul of the high revving 5.0. Put twins on the 5.0 and all discussion is over. Two different animals for two different tastes.
Ideally, a 4.0 liter v8 twin-turbo allows for perfect throttle modulation and throttle pacing, while breathing heavy turbos for the overkill.

Now, back to reality.
Ford is redoing/casting the 2.3l block due to errors, & bettering the 2.0 block... that engine is in everything and just has to work. So nickel & diming the engine block doesn't work for Hackle.

The all new RS (slated for Europe) is 400hp. Ford Performance knows a thing or two. And after many years here, we all know a well tuned and destressed 2.3l Ecoboost can reliably put down 380tq across the powerband. Not-to-mention... this "SVO" has mention of newer bigger turbos. I think the anticipated 330hp on the "High Performance 2.3 liter" is a bit low, considering the RS had 350hp with normal turbos...

I expect this car to have an "overboost" function giving it about 380ft-lbs of thrust....
(0~60mph in 4.4s on paper.)

Nobody is expecting the Ecoboost to sound impressive. Oh well..

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
This news brief is obviously underselling the car's potential. This is a brand new "High Performance" 2.3 liter ecoboost fellas:

That power is projected at 330 horsepower and 350 lb-ft of torque, which is 10 more horsepower than the standard EcoBoost 2.3-liter thanks a revised four-cylinder engine built just for the Mustangs. Five engineers began the development by swapping a Focus RS engine into a mule, and eventually traveled to Valencia, Spain, to develop this new engine. Within 10 months, the package was born.

“The Ford Performance Focus RS 2.3-liter engine is a high-revving marvel, and anyone who’s driven this EcoBoost engine instantly loves how quickly it responds and delivers power,” Carl Widmann, Mustang chief engineer, said. “When our team got the chance to try this specially built engine in a Mustang, we immediately agreed, We have to do this!.”

Key to this new engine package is a die-cast alloy block and high-performance cylinder head. Engineers also increased the turbocharger size by five percent courtesy of a larger 63-millimeter twin-scroll unit. In all cars equipped with the 2.3L High Performance Package accelerate from 0-60 in the mid-4-second range and run to a top speed of 155 mph, which is 10 mph faster than the previous EcoBoost Performance Package and a whopping 34 mph faster than a base car.

“It’s not just the horsepower gains over the standard 2.3-liter EcoBoost, it’s the broader torque curve that delivers 90 percent of peak torque between 2,500 and 5,300 rpm, which is 40 percent wider than the base EcoBoost engine,” said Widmann. “Plus, horsepower holds stronger up to the 6,500-rpm redline – enabling more usable power and torque for enthusiasts and weekend autocrossers to enjoy.”

Sponsored

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
So when I watched the video I kept thinking it looks exactly like a GT. Oh those chrome fender badges. Then I found out it is faster than most GTs to 60 and has the same governed speed of 155. So now when a GT driver pulls up next to what he thinks is another GT he recoils in horror seeing its a 2.3 four cylinder. Time to sweat guys, time to sweat!

Who would have ever thought... :cwl:

Maybe it’s time to retire the Coyote. Turbos are the future till electric in a few years!
Oh dear. Fatguy, you really should refrain from smoking a doobie, while sitting in front of your keyboard!

Last edited:

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
This new Hi-PO 2.3 liter Ecoboost is going to be a looker in the new red color. I would like to see the GT500 carbon fiber rear wing on it. Wow !

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
What really is the most disappointing part of the package is the recycling of the California Special grill.
2020-mustang-ecoboost-hpp-03-jpg.jpg

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
My 17 eb premium pony package was 33-34k sticker. I bought it 23k Lol. Had 6 miles on it, full factory warranty started last month. I’m extremely happy with the leftover deals going atm
9F39CD12-05A2-4224-AECD-97FFDF8B33C8.jpeg
That's a great deal, nice job.

Sponsored

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
To quote a movie: "fifty bucks." "No, no no. This is a (serialized EB with ..."
^This^

I am continually amazed at the number of people who buy depreciating assets thinking they're going to be worth more in the future because the manufacturer stuck a few extra badges on.

companions.jpg

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost
After just trading in my Eco - I kind of wish I started out with this. The price range is going to make all the difference though. I am anticipating this car to be at least 32-33k range. 10 speed auto, Performance tune, better cylinders, reinforced block, and a bigger turbo. The pro-tuners are going to have a field day with this. It's still only a 2.3L cylinder, but the amount of power you get out of good gas millage is amazing.

The biggest issue with the current eco was the peak torque curve. I traded in for a 3.3 TT V6 and the power delivery is just amazing.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase