Sponsored

Stumbled into the dealership for GT500 preorder...

Staimpedance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ford F250 6.0L, 2016 Subaru Forester XT, 2019 Roush RS3 Mustang GT
Hey all. So I stumbled my way into the local Ford dealership with all of my "buying new car" necessities with 100% intention of placing a deposit and preorder on a GT500...until the performance manager let me know they already had 50 paid deposits (some going back several YEARS) and their allocation was to be in the single digits. Yikes! Meanwhile, the dealership has a stock of various RS3's in various packages and colors. I immediately fall in love with a red 401a and end up driving it home. Now, I know that its too much money for the horsepower vs aftermarket options, but for the next several years I now have a 710HP warrantied car that has so far made me smile ear to ear. This is my first Mustang and I am absolutely blown away, especially compared to my Subaru.

Thanks to the guidance in these forums, I saved several thousand dollars and am now a member of a local Mustang club. So this is both a "Hi, I'm a new member" post and a "Thanks for all of the information on this forum that I've already wasted way too many hours reading". Bonus side pic below (It was dark by the time I got home, I'll take more pics later with an actual camera). That is, after I get to hear more of that whine!
19-04-16 19-20-04 3212.jpg
Sponsored

rebellovw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
Congrats - looks absolutely bad ass. You made a great choice.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Very nice and congrats!

This makes the 18 front end look sooooo different and much better. Just a simple thing....
Screenshot_2019-04-16-22-03-11.jpg

trojannemo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yemil
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
Looks great. I think I could see myself in one of those, just like that with the black accents and 401A package... but in velocity blue. Hmmm.

Sponsored

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
Nice!

I was at my dealer looking around the other day when getting my car out of the service dept and they had a black RS3 on the showroom that was calling my name. I beat feet before I decided to trade mine in on it lol

17again

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Grabber Blue
I have to admit, I love that car. Didn't like the 18' and up front end for a while but this RS3 with that oversized front splitter just kills it. Congrats and welcome!

Sponsored

rum_punch_ruby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supercharged 17 GT Premium, Performance Pack
Vehicle Showcase
Very nice. Roush may not be best "bang for hp buck" but to drive off in a new car that's already done with over 700hp and it all being fully warrantied is still worth it to a lot of people.

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2006 GT Coupe
Congratulations, what a beauty. Enjoy

Bigfoot53

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
C7 Stingray Z51/past rides: Jaguar XKR/AMG C-63 Edition 507
The complete package, well done. Did you get it at Lebanon Ford in Ohio by any chance?

OP
OP
Staimpedance

Staimpedance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ford F250 6.0L, 2016 Subaru Forester XT, 2019 Roush RS3 Mustang GT
The complete package, well done. Did you get it at Lebanon Ford in Ohio by any chance?
Thanks! I picked her up from Ray Skillman in Greenwood.

Unrelated, I need to take a closer look at the window stickers and see what she has in terms of exhaust. I've not driven a stock GT, but I've heard several and the RS3 definitely seems a lot louder. I don't have the Roush active exhaust (it came with the Ford active exhaust), but it sounds like it might have some other Roush exhaust parts on it.

Last edited:

RugbyRef

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks! I picked her up from Ray Skillman in Indianapolis.

Unrelated, I need to take a closer look at the window stickers and see what she has in terms of exhaust. I've not driven a stock GT, but I've heard several and the RS3 definitely seems a lot louder. I don't have the Roush active exhaust (it came with the Ford active exhaust), but it sounds like it might have some other Roush exhaust parts on it.
Did you work with John Trischler? He sold me a '15 RS3 a while back....great guy!

Tim
Sponsored