powertrian is up what do i need to to get rid of the roush tune

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
17 lightning blue pp LFP 670
my pt is up i have the roush tune still in the car .. im thinking vmp tune. what do i need tuner wise .. sct, ngauge. or does it even matter what i go with handheld wise .
im just not trying to go to the dealer to have the pcm unlocked then tune it .. i want plug and play tune .. keeping the 85mm pulley might get a tune for the 82mm pulley if i dont have to change injectors.. i have the 47lbs that come in the stage 1 kit already in there
Sponsored

Last edited:

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
my pt is up i have the roush tune still in the car .. im thinking vmp tune. what do i need tuner wise .. sct, ngauge. or does it even matter what i go with handheld wise .
im just not trying to go to the dealer to have the pcm unlocked then tune it .. i want plug and play tune .. keeping the 85mm pulley might get a tune for the 82mm pulley if i dont have to change injectors.. i have the 47lbs
VMP Custom Tune w/Ngauge will be a night and day difference over the Roush tune. Highly recommend it. Love my tune!

sy1462

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
If you go with VMP, either the SCT or N-gauge will be offered. I have a 93 VMP tune with the SCT handheld and it does everything I need. You won't need to go to the dealer to have anything unlocked with either controller. VMP wil send you a stock tune along with the custom tune via email. You will first upload the stock tune which will blow out the Roush tune, then upload the custom tune over the top of the stock tune. They will give you a few conditions to datalog that will enable them to verify and tweak as needed to ensure it is right. The Roush tune will be gone after you do this and can't be restored without going to back someone who has a Roush programmer.

Ask VMP about the 82mm pulley, may be tight without a BAP and the 47lb injectors.

LethalBlake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
First Name
Blake
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F150

Guard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid Red GT500 CFTP
VMP 93 octane here. BAP, 95 lb DW injectors, 75mm pulley (actually whines a little). Per VMP there is still quite of overhead left. Currently 707rwhp and drivability is good. Great upgrade over the Roush tune.

Sponsored

OP
OP
robwlf

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
so i can buy a used sct then .. ngauge is nice but id much rather put the extra money towards other things ..
and do i need a new sensor or did they do away with needing it

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
@robwlf, you won't need to change the injectors with an 82mm pulley. I ran an 82mm for just a little while last year, but, I do have a fuel pump booster. I have an 82mm with maybe 300 miles on it I would GIVE to you if you pay the shipping or pick it up.

OP
OP
robwlf

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
i have a 82mm came, with the car.. and the stock 85mm.. i appreciate the offer though..
think im just going to pull the trigger on the ngauge and a vmp tune with the 85mm pulley for now . i was just wondering what format they use with either the sct handhled or the ngauge.. vmp,s site only has the ngauge listed for a roush tune avil .using hp tuners

Boduke0220

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
yea you will need the iat2 harness..only like 100 bucks I think. id go with Lund tune. the did great on my vmp setup

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
You do not need the IAT2 harness if you go with the VMP HP Tuners Ngauge for Roush blowers.

Sponsored
OP
OP
robwlf

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
prob what im going to go with vmp hp tuners ngauge..
appreciate all the input guys

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I have the VMP Ngauge Custom Tune on my 17!Roush Phase 2 and live it, You won’t be disappointed!

OP
OP
robwlf

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
it was a toss up between them and lund.. there both great but i like vmp cause they make and tune there own superchargers so they know..pbd was another option , i hear great things on all of them was hard to decide lol

bosshoss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt premium
it was a toss up between them and lund.. there both great but i like vmp cause they make and tune there own superchargers so they know..pbd was another option , i hear great things on all of them was hard to decide lol[/QUOTE