Sponsored

2020 EcoBoost High Performance Package, 330 HP / 350 LB-FT, 0-60 mid 4's [Updated With Video]

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
This 0-60 time is referring to an a10 ecoboost HighPo car, WITH warm tires, building boost on the brake. Good luck duplicating for a sporadic stoplight to stoplight run.

I’d put the W with a run of the mill 15-17 auto GT any day in a stoplight battle. As long as both cars are stock, the EB will be considerable harder to launch consistently. An 18-19 10 speed GT, however... LOL
Someone is nervous...

Actually for a guy driving Mustangs for decades this is just bizarre. Actually also funny in a way. I figured Ford would finish off the V8s with a superior electric car. Now the four bangers are knocking on the V8’s door...
Sponsored

Tone Everready

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB and 2019 GT
Someone is nervous...

Actually for a guy driving Mustangs for decades this is just bizarre. Actually also funny in a way. I figured Ford would finish off the V8s with a superior electric car. Now the four bangers are knocking on the V8’s door...
No, I’m not nervous. As you can see in my sig, I’m well aware of what the EB mustangs are capable of.

Ford will finish off all internal combustion engines with superior electric cars, as will every one else. The 2.3EB will NOT finish off the v8, but whether or not a v6 TT will before the electrics step in remains to be seen. Interesting times.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Someone is nervous...

I4's have been competing with v8's since the 80's. Thats not new, just rare to make hi-po 4bangers THAT hi-po. Remember the SVO we've mentioned.

Also this new car s more competitve to the V8's on teh bottom end than the top which is where it will matter in the 1/4 mile. The GT may make 70TQ more(assuming the 2.3T isnt under rated), but the 2.3 also weighs less.

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
I4's have been competing with v8's since the 80's. Thats not new, just rare to make hi-po 4bangers THAT hi-po. Remember the SVO we've mentioned.

Also this new car s more competitve to the V8's on teh bottom end than the top which is where it will matter in the 1/4 mile. The GT may make 70TQ more(assuming the 2.3T isnt under rated), but the 2.3 also weighs less.

Really?

I saw one at a car show and never on the street. The mythical SVO that never existed. Meanwhile the old Windsor V8s were so popular Ford ran out of motors...

Last edited:

kwpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
Completely agree. They should have done this car with the 2018 refre
Of course they should have however, Ford knows exactaly what they are doing. Dinking us here and there, adding goodies, slightly adjusting attractive components depending on MY. Very seldom does the customer get the whole enchilada . :headbang:

Sponsored

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Someone is nervous...

The fastest ecoboost 1/4 mile I've seen is 13.7 @ 102 mph. No slouch, but a better torque curve and 20 more hp isn't knocking on the 460 hp GT door, esp. the A10 GT: Car and Driver did 12.1@120 mph. 120 mph. That's a lot of mph. The new ecoboost will likely be 104 mph or so. .

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Really?

I saw one once at a car show and never on the street. The mythical SVO that never existed. Meanwhile the old Windsor V8s were so popular Ford ran out of motors...
Being popular and performing on the same level are not the same. The SVO kept up with GT's in a line while also handling better, probably better MPG too. I think they were priced higher though.

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
The fastest ecoboost 1/4 mile I've seen is 13.7 @ 102 mph. No slouch, but a better torque curve and 20 more hp isn't knocking on the 460 hp GT door, esp. the A10 GT: Car and Driver did 12.1@120 mph. 120 mph. That's a lot of mph. The new ecoboost will likely be 104 mph or so. .
The new Ecoboost will do 11.6 in the quarter at 127 mph. Because I said so. It’s over guys, it’s over. You’re only hope is more cubic inches like the 7.3 because the current motor is maxed out.

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Being popular and performing on the same level are not the same. The SVO kept up with GT's in a line while also handling better, probably better MPG too. I think they were priced higher though.

I also believe it (SVO) had reliability problems. My Fox body V8 lasted 18 years and 375,000kms. Face it those 4 pots can’t handle the power. Long live the 5.0!

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I also believe it (SVO) had reliability problems. My Fox body V8 lasted 18 years and 375,000kms. Face it those 4 pots can’t handle the power. Long live the 5.0!
The 2.3T was a really reliable engine, my buddy had 2 Turbocoupe Thunderbirds. His biggest issue was that when iginion parts went most the aftermarket parts didnt work as well as OEM, making them a pain that way. That was more of a aftermarket issue though. There was also MORE to break as it had a turbo setup + the electronics/vaccume lines for it. I'm not sure about the SVO but Thunderbirds had a switch to flip for 87 vs 91 oct that changed performance. People in the Tunderbirds would put in 87 and NOT remember to flip that switch which caused drivability issues.

Sponsored

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
No, I’m not nervous. As you can see in my sig, I’m well aware of what the EB mustangs are capable of.
So you owned both.

I guess that makes you “the one” as in the man!

A human dichotomy, a mental schism in human form. A Renaissance man in the Edwardian sense. A car guy that has it all. But I stand apart from it all by owning a V6. I have no horse in this race. I was just going to go posting for the 4 pot in one post and for the V8 in the next. Now you go and mess with my mind by having both!

Just whom do you think you are...

Wolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`18 Kona Blue Mustang Ecoboost PP, `10 Nissan GTR
Very cool. Will be interesting to see the real word 0-60s and lap times once these things hit the streets. As much as I love the GT, i've always thought the I4 was a capable platform and it's really cool to see it start to mature. It's slightly disappointing that they weren't able to crank out that extra 20hp to bring it on par with the RS's 350 from the factory but I'm guessing it has to do with not wanting to cannibalize sales?

As for 18-19 owners feeling shafted, I don't think we should yet. I feel like you could easily make up the difference with the Ford Performance tune available with a full warranty or go with an aftermarket Bama/Lund tune for likely the same price (maybe a little less) you'd pay to get this entire package.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Who would've guessed that Fatguy would appear out of the darkness to stupid up an otherwise decent thread a little bit?

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Who would've guessed that Fatguy would appear out of the darkness to stupid up an otherwise decent thread a little bit?

Actually it all makes sense if you switch your perspective from the SVO era to today. Fatguy -just ahead of the curve!

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
I didn’t know mid 4s was faster than most GTs. Lol
The updated auto eco will have a good shot at beating/keeping up with a manual coyote in a straight line. And will beat a non pp gt around a road course. At least this is what I think the case will be
Sponsored