Sponsored

A real solution for the oil pressure sensor?

Cneo350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350
Has anyone found a long term solution for the oil pressure sensor leak problem? Yes, I can bring it to the dealer every time it leaks but that’s just time consuming and I also hate to be without my car. Has anyone used a different sealant and had it work long term?
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
If it's assembled properly, it shouldn't leak. Mine never has. Maybe try a different dealer?

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
OP
OP

Cneo350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350
Have you ever installed it per the specs? Hard to tell if you’re using a dealer.
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...tuff-u-need-to-know.89612/page-4#post-2347741

There are several products that meet the Ford spec. See the list in the GT350 Basics sticky.

Plenty of guys/gals track their GT350 and don’t have your problem.
Thank you Tank, I saw that post and was wondering if anyone had luck with these products. And so never put it in myself so I couldn’t tell you if it was installed to spec.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Thank you Tank, I saw that post and was wondering if anyone had luck with these products. And so never put it in myself so I couldn’t tell you if it was installed to spec.
I wouldn’t worry about the sealant if you’re using a dealer. Assuming they care about the work they do.

Ask them what they use for sealant. Ask them about the torque sequence. It’s to x amount of torque plus another 180 degrees.

If you’re able, there’s nothing like doing it yourself to ensure it’s done right.
Sponsored