Sponsored

safe and smart

3pdl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 mustang gt pp1, '82 f150
i found a new mustang i want to buy. it has everything i want, and unfortunately, more.
can the safe and smart nannies be completely switched off? to keep it off does it have to be turned off at each startup? can it be disabled by pulling a fuse without it causing warnings etc?
thanks
Sponsored

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
What part of the package don't you like? You don't have to use the lane keeping system or adaptive cruise if you choose not to. You also don't have to use the memory seats. You can turn off the automatic wipers. Not sure why you would want to turn off BLIS or cross traffic alert.

OP
OP
3pdl

3pdl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
my wife's car has a similar system that needlessly grabs brakes and routinely gives false warning alarms for lane maintenance. it also hoots and flashes warnings when its sun blind. until i drive the gt with safe and smart i can't knowledgeably say what i don't like about it. i'm not afraid to drive a car without it though.

Sponsored

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
my wife's car has a similar system that needlessly grabs brakes and routinely gives false warning alarms for lane maintenance. it also hoots and flashes warnings when its sun blind. until i drive the gt with safe and smart i can't knowledgeably say what i don't like about it. i'm not afraid to drive a car without it though.
I have the system on 2 Ford products and have never experienced false warnings or other issues. I turn off the lane keeping system but like every other feature.

OP
OP
3pdl

3pdl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have the system on 2 Ford products and have never experienced false warnings or other issues. I turn off the lane keeping system but like every other feature.
thanks, that's good to hear.
Sponsored