Shops for 6R80 swap

Platinum_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2021 10R Whipple
Did some research and found lots of info on the parts and information on changing as-built data and forescan but can't really find anything on shops that have done it. It's a job that is a little out of my skill level and I'd like to hear from some people that have had shops complete the swap for them and how the experience was.
Sponsored

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Did some research and found lots of info on the parts and information on changing as-built data and forescan but can't really find anything on shops that have done it. It's a job that is a little out of my skill level and I'd like to hear from some people that have had shops complete the swap for them and how the experience was.

I’m going to do you a favour here and reply and maybe you’ll get something useful. But most would say sell the car and buy another. That is what our hobby has come to in 2019. They will tell all sorts of reasons why.

BTW: That transmission is rock solid and I would leave as is. But that’s just me...

Good luck and keep the spirit alive! Oh, if it’s just shifting performance then a tune will do just fine. Get an SCT unit and have the tuner send you a tune only for shifting performance.

Try MPT: https://www.morepowertuning.com/

18 Smoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT PP1 400a
I see you’re in Canada. Anthony Ballard at Signature Speed is the master, but he’s in North Carolina

OP
OP
Platinum_5.0

Platinum_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2021 10R Whipple
I see you’re in Canada. Anthony Ballard at Signature Speed is the master, but he’s in North Carolina
Thanks for the input. I have no problems taking the car to North Carolina if I had too.

aleccesarenriquez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alec
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Midnight performance here in Houston is famous for their built 6r80 and 10r80s. Pretty long drive for you but they have multiple records with their cars.
Sponsored