Jeffy_2010

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt 6-speed/ performance pack Oxford white
How does the -3° wear for normal daily use?[/QUOTE]

I dont have any abnormal wear on my street tires from my autox alignment, wears just fine
Sponsored

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Just for reference, the way I read the SCCA rules, modifying the shock tower hole is illegal for most Solo & TT classes. Even combining two different types of camber adjustment is potentially a no-no, particularly when using adjustable control arms as 1.

For the rear aren't the options:
1 - stock slotted adjustment (max ~-2.0)
2 - Steeda camber kit (adds eccentric bolt - still - 2.0)
3 - adjustable control/camber arms

Can't you get more than - 2 with the camber arms?

OP
OP

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Just for reference, the way I read the SCCA rules, modifying the shock tower hole is illegal for most Solo & TT classes. Even combining two different types of camber adjustment is potentially a no-no, particularly when using adjustable control arms as 1.

For the rear aren't the options:
1 - stock slotted adjustment (max ~-2.0)
2 - Steeda camber kit (adds eccentric bolt - still - 2.0)
3 - adjustable control/camber arms

Can't you get more than - 2 with the camber arms?
I just run test and tune I don't compete except against myself. My goal is just to become a better driver

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I just run test and tune I don't compete except against myself. My goal is just to become a better driver

Yeah, that like those half dozen Mustang drivers I talked to at a HPDE who didn't bother to get a PP because they never planned to track it. And regretted that decision after toasting the standard brakes.

dmann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
Steeda plates will get you there, thats what I’m running.

If you want to routinely adjust camber back and forth, get the Vorshlag plates, they’re higher quality for that kind of thing. I just run 2.7 all day every day, and the Steeda plates are fine for that. Unlike the more expensive Vorshlag plates, the Steedas are not marked for repeatable adjustments off an alignment rack, but they do allow plenty of adjustment (wear is fine but I’ve only been on these 2.7 settings for 5 months, I daily drove 2.25+ camber for years). Even at 2.7 I dont have enough to fully even out track shoulder wear (but its reasonable)
this makes me want to try 2.7. Are you using dedicated track wheels/tires?

Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
this makes me want to try 2.7. Are you using dedicated track wheels/tires?
Yeah, I daily on 19x10 ET35 and switch to dedicated 19x11" ET52 with a 25mm spacer up front for track or autox.

dmann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
Yeah, I daily on 19x10 ET35 and switch to dedicated 19x11" ET52 with a 25mm spacer up front for track or autox.
hmmm, i may just do this. You sticking to -2.0 in the rear? What were you saying about the back end not sticking with more camber than that? Due to the straight line performance or cornering?

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
hmmm, i may just do this. You sticking to -2.0 in the rear? What were you saying about the back end not sticking with more camber than that? Due to the straight line performance or cornering?
Yeah, the recommendation from track guys is rear camber works at 2.0 (kind of regardless of the front settings). In my own experience accidentally going higher than that, traction does fall off a cliff if you have more than 2 degrees of rear camber. You just can't put power down without the rear sliding out. 2 sticks well enough I don't see much reason to go below that very much. Anything in the 1.7-2.0 range is probably pretty close for rear camber.

Now if your front camber is only close to 2.0 you might want to back off the rear camber slightly to preserve a bit of a camber stagger front/rear, but I don't really understand the precise engineering there, so I won't make any hard assertions.

OP
OP

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
I may try to do -2.5 front and -1.7 rear to start and see how well that works when I can get the needed parts later this year. Now I need to sort out what toe I want as I keep seeing numbers all over the place.

dmann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
I may try to do -2.5 front and -1.7 rear to start and see how well that works when I can get the needed parts later this year. Now I need to sort out what toe I want as I keep seeing numbers all over the place.
i'm at -1.9 front and -1.5 rear and its not enough. I was thinking of going with -2.5 front and -1.9 rear but after his review in this thread I might go -2.7 front and -2.0 rear.

The recommended toe that I have received is 0 for the front and in .10 for the rear. This has worked well for me and have noticed no abnormal tire wear.

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
i'm at -1.9 front and -1.5 rear and its not enough. I was thinking of going with -2.5 front and -1.9 rear but after his review in this thread I might go -2.7 front and -2.0 rear.

The recommended toe that I have received is 0 for the front and in .10 for the rear. This has worked well for me and have noticed no abnormal tire wear.

I am almost at that camber and it is not enough for only 5% track use, much less 40%. Even on mid range street tires (MPSS). Driven hard the tires might make 4 track weekends, with most of the wear on the outside of the tread, the classic not enough camber signature (both front and rear, but mostly front) . And with more aggressive, stickier tires I would expect more roll and more camber change (loss).

But 2.7/2.0 is probably close to the limit for a setup that can be daily driven. And it works pretty well on track, but at the expense of fairly high tire wear when you push it hard.
Sponsored

Last edited: