CA Gas Prices!!! Ouch

ChromaticGrey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Grey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP1
You guys make me laugh, your gas is so cheap. In the UK it calculates to about $8 to a US gallon.
Yeah, fuel prices are crazy over there. Yall gotta revolt :p
Sponsored

ChromaticGrey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Grey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP1
I stopped to fill up my company truck this morning at the Conoco at 103rd & State Line. Check the price in the pump below.
20190415_072148.jpg

Yup, 2.40 for 91. I have no idea if it's still that was, but if you're in the that area, worth a shot.
Want

vernonator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP - Race Red
Here in flyover country I just filled up with 93 for $2.749/gal...that was 10% ethanol but here in Iowa that's all you can get....

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
Here in flyover country I just filled up with 93 for $2.749/gal...that was 10% ethanol but here in Iowa that's all you can get....

I usually fill up with 93 for right around $3. +/- 0.10. Not too bad. 2.79 is even better. i saw the 91 for 2.40 and had to do a double take. Had I not started filling up the truck, I would have upgraded. Oh well.

Tutone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 MT
In Vancouver, Canada they just hit $1.70cad/litre...for 87 octane.

That's like $5.77usd/gallon.
Highest prices in North America, thinking of taking the skytrain into work a few days a week now. Glad I have the 6 cylinder. Buddy just bought a V8 F150, probably around $200 bucks to fill up.

Sponsored

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
$4.79 for 91.... 10 refineries and 6 are down for maint/issues. On July 1st, the gas tax increases another $.06 a gallon. They predict this will continue through summer. They predict $5 for premium within a few weeks.

Time to ride the bike to work. Luckily I live four miles away. Feel bad for the commuters.
Feel your pain. It's a West Coast problem. In Vancouver, 91 hit $1.88/litre last week, converted to USD per gallon, that works out to $5.35 gallon. Greater Vancouver has the highest gas prices in North America!

Bladex10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra
Yep, Prices sky rocketed in the last month or 2. It was like $2.70-$3 here a few weeks ago it seemed then BAM $4. Was just about to sell my little beater commuter Nissan Sentra but might have to hold onto it for alittle longer, I commute 90 miles a day and its getting ridiculous

ColeTrickle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandin
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP, 09 G8 GT, 00 SS Camaro Conv
We got exactly what we voted for...lol

This state is run by idiots and the majority of voters are uninformed imbeciles that vote hoping for a free hand out.

Unfortunately I will continue to pay to play until I can retire and take my CA home $$$ elsewhere.

With that said I wish the mustang held an extra 5 gallons> I think the only thing i dislike about my new car is the tank size and range.

Jimmy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jimmy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP 6MT
You have to pay to play.

OP
OP

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
The weather and tech jobs make it worth staying. Couldnt bear living somewhere where it snows/salt on the road or humidity in other states. Still it rough out here. But its "only" $3.82 for 91 and 3.46 for 87 at Costco.

I live 20 min away from you. Where are you paying 3.82 for premium?

Sponsored

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
I stopped to fill up my company truck this morning at the Conoco at 103rd & State Line. Check the price in the pump below.
20190415_072148.jpg

Yup, 2.40 for 91. I have no idea if it's still that was, but if you're in the that area, worth a shot.
Based on the mid grade at +0.40, I'd say it should probably be 3.40. Better get it while the gettin's good. Or, maybe that's corn.

OP
OP

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
If you cant afford $110 more a month for a short period of time (Being prices always rise in spring/summer and decline in the fall/winter) than you should not be driving a $20,000 sports car with crap mileage and large car payment to boot. That is living beyond your means.
However, alot of folks do not see it that way.
The car is $33k, $110 more a month for gas is my monthly full coverage insurance payment. Car was paid off 3 months ago. I have been following spot prices on oil and gasoline for 4 years. I understand fuel blends ( which is bs in itself). Ethanol is a waste of an additive with less energy per gallon and more harmful to the ozone per gallon than regular unleaded gasoline.

My problem is with the chart graphs for the past 10 years. The spread is abnormal compared to previous oil/ gas prices considering normal operations under normal conditions. Last time we paid prices anywhere near this was when oil was $128 a barrel not $70 as of today. Supposedly there is an abnormal condition with 2/3of our refineries being offline. No one monitors this for accuracy.

I work in the power generation field ( not living above my means) as turbine engineer. When we have outages which are twice a year, the price of electricity does not spike during that time. We have to buy it on the open market but our customers don't see a surge. Sure rates increase periodically as do ins, gas etc.

There is for sure price gouging going on here in Ca. Has been for some time. My average calculation over a 5 year period in this state has been $.48a gallon.

ChromaticGrey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Grey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP1
The car is $33k, $110 more a month for gas is my monthly full coverage insurance payment. Car was paid off 3 months ago. I have been following spot prices on oil and gasoline for 4 years. I understand fuel blends ( which is bs in itself). Ethanol is a waste of an additive with less energy per gallon and more harmful to the ozone per gallon than regular unleaded gasoline.

My problem is with the chart graphs for the past 10 years. The spread is abnormal compared to previous oil/ gas prices considering normal operations under normal conditions. Last time we paid prices anywhere near this was when oil was $128 a barrel not $70 as of today. Supposedly there is an abnormal condition with 2/3of our refineries being offline. No one monitors this for accuracy.

I work in the power generation field ( not living above my means) as turbine engineer. When we have outages which are twice a year, the price of electricity does not spike during that time. We have to buy it on the open market but our customers don't see a surge. Sure rates increase periodically as do ins, gas etc.

There is for sure price gouging going on here in Ca. Has been for some time. My average calculation over a 5 year period in this state has been $.48a gallon.
Yeah seeing the price spike with oil so low is odd.

Bear376

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 EB, 2013 Mustang, 2017 F150SC, 2019 Flex
Vehicle Showcase
Summer switchover is going to raise prices a little, but I wonder how much the refineries play the market to jack up their prices. Of course, I am irritated that 91 is $2.65 at Sam's. Part of my mind says a few pennies a gallon is not really going to affect me, while the other part looks at what Gasbuddy shows is the cheapest price.:shock:
Sponsored