Bear376

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 EB, 2013 Mustang, 2017 F150SC, 2019 Flex
Vehicle Showcase
Picked up my new 2019 on Thursday and notice that nothing was different than the standard suspension would be. All indications are that the MagneRide is inoperative and nothing available online to find out more. Tomorrow I will take it back to the dealer to fix. My thoughts are component failure causing it to be inactive. Since I have to pick up my 2013 from it’s 100k service, it is a simple swap event. I image that even at best, since they have no experience with MagneRide, diagnosis will take a few hours and will probably be a couple of days for part(s). Not a major deal for me, but I have seen nothing here and wonder what everyone’s experience has been.
Sponsored

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Picked up my new 2019 on Thursday and notice that nothing was different than the standard suspension would be. All indications are that the MagneRide is inoperative and nothing available online to find out more. Tomorrow I will take it back to the dealer to fix. My thoughts are component failure causing it to be inactive. Since I have to pick up my 2013 from it’s 100k service, it is a simple swap event. I image that even at best, since they have no experience with MagneRide, diagnosis will take a few hours and will probably be a couple of days for part(s). Not a major deal for me, but I have seen nothing here and wonder what everyone’s experience has been.

If it’s all down that could be a good sign. Something wonky going on is usually equipment failure. So at this point in time I’ll go out on a limb and say it may be an easy fix. Check the fuse - you never know. But what do I know...

el-guapin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tesla.com
Vehicle(s)
1949 UFO
So what makes you think there is an issue?.. Any CELs?.. Are you able to change through the different modes?.. Any messages on display?.

OP
OP
Bear376

Bear376

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
No messages, no change in ride. If I was troubleshooting, it would be fuses, connectors, and processor first. My main bet would be on a connector not plugged in properly. Nice thing is that there are only nine components and they should be easy to test. I have to think that anything other than the processor would give a fault notice.

Jimmy G

Hangin' about, waitin'..
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt
Your butt dyno needs re-calibration.

My guess is the car is fine.

Sponsored

Jimmy G

Hangin' about, waitin'..
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt
If you were expecting a Cadillac type ride in Normal to F1 type ride in Track, you'd be mistaken.

The average Camry driver would not be able to determine a difference in ride regardless of mode selected.

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
If you were expecting a Cadillac type ride in Normal to F1 type ride in Track, you'd be mistaken.

The average Camry driver would not be able to determine a difference in ride regardless of mode selected.
That's not true, there is a good change in stiffness and consequently body roll changing between the modes. It's easily noticeable when pushing the car around corners

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
No, but I regularly have Camry driver passengers

OP
OP
Bear376

Bear376

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
If it is only in my butt, Ford has pulled off the greatest con in history. I know how it should be riding and this ain’t it. There is a marginal improvement over my 2013, about the effect of IRS over a live axle.

Sponsored

Jimmy G

Hangin' about, waitin'..
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt
Well if you don't have a failure message, it's unlikely you have a failure.

Looks like Ford has pulled off the greatest con in history. Though, I'd argue the ginger whinger did that :).

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
If it is only in my butt, Ford has pulled off the greatest con in history. I know how it should be riding and this ain’t it. There is a marginal improvement over my 2013, about the effect of IRS over a live axle.
Unless you are pushing it hard in the twisties, it isn't likely you will feel much of a difference.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
I am not sure what people above are talking about. There is obvious difference coming off the curb on my drive way on Normal vs. Track - due to compression damping settings change. You have to be able to notice that, but it isn't too difficult. You don't need corners for that.

Having said that - if there is no diagnostic message saying something's wrong, then it's probably perfectly fine... My guess - butt dyno calibration.

302@12psi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona PP2 Recaros
I had mine in track mode today for a bit. I'm not sure how folks can't tell the difference between the modes. I surely feel it going over bumps and taken turns at speed.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I had mine in track mode today for a bit. I'm not sure how folks can't tell the difference between the modes. I surely feel it going over bumps and taken turns at speed.
This. I have a short, but twisty road that I take to work. I can defiantely tell when I'm in a differnt mode. THe bumps ar emore harsh, and turning is more sharp with less body roll in Track mode. Normal mode absorbs the bumps and feels like it has more roll, steering also feels like it has more weight.
Sponsored