Noob Maintenance Help

Adf020

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang ecoboost premium automatic convertible
Hey guys, I am a noob and trying to find instructions or a video on how to change the automatic transmission fluid in the 10 speed auto. Does anyone have a reference that shows how to do this and what tools I will need?
Sponsored

SVO MkII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost, 6sp, PP, 2017 GT Convertible
Hey guys, I am a noob and trying to find instructions or a video on how to change the automatic transmission fluid in the 10 speed auto. Does anyone have a reference that shows how to do this and what tools I will need?
Just curious, why do you feel you need to change the fluid?

OP
OP

Adf020

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang ecoboost premium automatic convertible
I don’t need to yet, but once I hit 40-50k miles I will need to. I just haven’t found any info on how to do it.

Thundersteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS Convertible
According to the Owner's Manual, the automatic transmission fluid doesn't require changing until you hit 150k miles.

If you still want to do it, just drop the pan normally like any other automatic transmission to drain the fluid. To refill it, I believe there is a small dipstick near the bottom/side of the transmission where a dipstick tube would normally go if it was there. Since these cars have no dipstick tube, I think the fluid needs to be pumped in.

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt , 2015 Escape , 2015 F250
Vehicle Showcase
And your going to burn the crap out of your arms and hands getting to the fill , dip stick plug
Sponsored