Fuse Blowing

Cfred84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang V6
Hey folks, new here and checking to see if anyone has any additional suggestions before I order parts, hope I posted this in the right forum.

I have a 2016 V6 stang, and when i purchased it I didnt even know it HAD glove box or trunk lights. First thing I noticed weird was the map lights only coming on when the car was completely off, but they dont turn on when the doors open. Did some research, fuse 1, sure enough it was blown and easy enough fix. Well turns out not. Put new fuse in and it instantly blows. Went around and unplugged all the harness connections I could, and it still blows instantly. This seems to make me believe the issue is the door switch? Obviously the door has to be open for me to access the fuse box, and so it's trying to power on the lights (one time it didnt INSTANTLY blow the fuse because I'm pretty sure the "door open" switch had timed out). Only thing I didnt unplug was the vanity mirrors on the visors, so it could theoretically be those causing an issue but that seems like a very low probability? Any other suggestions before I order the door switches and swap those out, has anyone else had a similar issue?
Sponsored

Magony15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GTPP Base/Prem, 2009 Ram 1500
Had the same problem. Luckily I discovered it right before the warranty expired. First visit they just replaced the fuse and said it was good. I know fuses don't just blow for no reason but I was good for a few days and brought it back after it happened again. This time they traced it to the driver side visor and ordered a new one. Been good since then. I think they're vulnerable to shorting out when you use the sliding feature as much as I do to block the sun from the side.