Sponsored

Q1 2019 sales

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
You guys should love the Camaro. If the Camaro wasn't shitting on the Mustang in performance almost every generation, Ford would leave the car anemic as all hell. The competition is what drives development.
Agree! Competition is a good thing!! Personally I like all 3 but only love the s550!!!
Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
You guys should love the Camaro. If the Camaro wasn't shitting on the Mustang in performance almost every generation, Ford would leave the car anemic as all hell. The competition is what drives development.
The same old camaro lover bullshit. Mustang is the resound there has been a camaro twice. camaro has almost always had the performance edge on Mustang but it's Mustang not any other pony that has been in continues production for 55 years. 305hp camaro died in 2002 killed by a 260hp GT and its going to die again Why because Mustang makes a personal connection with people that no other car has and maximum performance doesn't mean much to 99% of those buying pony cars.

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
The same old camaro lover bullshit. Mustang is the resound there has been a camaro twice. camaro has almost always had the performance edge on Mustang but it's Mustang not any other pony that has been in continues production for 55 years. 305hp camaro died in 2002 killed by a 260hp GT and its going to die again Why because Mustang makes a personal connection with people that no other car has and maximum performance doesn't mean much to 99% of those buying pony cars.
The reason why the Mustang stuck around when the Camaro didn't is because every 16 year old girl had a v6 new edge mustang, that's it. Chevy closed those plants down to retool them and make more useless SUVs. That 260hp gt was an embarrassment, and if took Ford 2 years after the F body was gone to come out with a Mustang that finally had more power and handled better. And personal connection? Lol ok buddy. I love my Mustang, but if I could fit into a 1LE with a helmet on, that's what would be in my garage.

Sponsored

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
Competition is good, unfortunately it does kind of look like a one pony race (pun intended). I have always said the main problem with the 6G Camaro is the engineers actually tried to build exactly what the designers sketched out. It seems like at automotive design school they teach everyone to draw concept cars with preposterously high belt-lines, impractically small windows and unrealistically huge wheels. You guys know the look, pretty much all automotive concept art looks like that. Usually somewhere between the sketch and the real car reality sets in. Belt-lines are lowered, windows get bigger. Not with the 6G Camaro. It seemed to be GMs goal to make one look just like the drawing, and that wasn't good. All GM needs to do to fix the Camaro stylistically is make it look more like a normal car and less of a caricature.

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
1LE with the A10 I may jump in, I dont know why the 1LE looks so much better than a SS but it does...

draph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 6MT PP1
My personal experience and opinion: Cross shopped SS, GT, SRT 392 starting in 2016. SS drove the best, GT too sloppy out of the box until 2018, SRT 392 too expensive for age of the platform/tech. SS is still better driver, but GT close enough it overcomes by a wide margin the SS' ergonomics and "interior by Fisher Price" feel for my primary purpose as a daily driver. The worst ergonomic complaint about the 2018 GT is the hood contour reflects the sun into my eyes more than any other car I've owned - enough to tempt me to put a flat wrap or decal on the hood, even if it's ugly...

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 350 Lead-foot grey
Had a 15' GT 6 speed. Drove a Scrapmaro, as you call, it, that kicked the Mustang's azz in everyway. 0-60, 1/4 times, handling. Bought it. Then was considering going to a used GT350 since prices came down to earth. Drove it and then a ZL1 back to back. The ZL1 KILLED the GT 350. KILLED. Traded on an 18 GT and enjoy the car considerably as well.

Now when you actually go and BUY the cars, own the cars and DRIVE the cars your opinion will matter. Until then puff out your chest and continue with the Scrapmaro comments.

For the record I always had Mustangs and Corvettes and the 16 was my very first Scrapmaro.

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang
Adding a V-6 would definitely add sales.
Offering the 3.5TT as option to the GT would help.
Offering the 2.7TT as a alternative to the 2.3 would be a huge step in the right direction.

Offering a Mach1 trim option using a 5.2 CPC would also be a huge plus.

Offering a alloy 7.3 Liter would be beyond Awesome!!!!!!!

Sponsored

ngiotta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT / 1970 Mach 1 (Twin Turbo Coyote)
The reason why the Mustang stuck around when the Camaro didn't is because every 16 year old girl had a v6 new edge mustang, that's it. Chevy closed those plants down to retool them and make more useless SUVs. That 260hp gt was an embarrassment, and if took Ford 2 years after the F body was gone to come out with a Mustang that finally had more power and handled better. And personal connection? Lol ok buddy. I love my Mustang, but if I could fit into a 1LE with a helmet on, that's what would be in my garage.
On that token, it took the Camaro 2 years after it was reintroduced, to have a faster model than the Terminator that came out over a decade before it. Even then, they still didn't have anything as fast as the GT500. The Camaro currently has a great platform (borrowed from Cadillac), but the exterior and interior are sorely lacking. That's the reason it's had trouble with sales. The vast majority of buyers are concerned with looks. That's why the Challenger is still around and selling well on an ancient platform and relatively no major design changes in... well.. a loooong time. If the Camaro is to ever sell well again, it is going to have to have a major refresh, like the S197 -> S550. I'm not sure that's going to happen in time. GM isn't bashful about discontinuing cars that don't sell.

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On that token, it took the Camaro 2 years after it was reintroduced, to have a faster model than the Terminator that came out over a decade before it. Even then, they still didn't have anything as fast as the GT500. The Camaro currently has a great platform (borrowed from Cadillac), but the exterior and interior are sorely lacking.
You are aware the ZL1 is 0.3 faster 0-60 and 3/10 faster in the 1320?

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
In my time starting with the mustang in the 80s,the MUSTANG pissed all over the Scrapmaro.The 87 mustang kicked the iroc z all in the ass!!When the new Crapmaro came out in 93,or 94 ,they were faster than the Mustang.The 2000 COBRA R wiped its ass with the Crapmaro,then it was all downhill for the shitty chevy!!The 03,04 COBRA came out and changed the game.By then the Crapmaro was killed off,why because people didnt want the shitty chevy because of it being a General Malfunction.The 07 GT500,came out and from 07-14,the GT500 were the KING!!the little 580hp zl1 was nothing compared to the 14 GT500.Garbage Motors came out with the over priced z28,and al.o from the Gigantic Mistake said FORD didnt have an answer to that car.Well,the GT350 R came out and kicked its ass!!FORD has been pissing on Garbage Motors for years!!:crackup:By the looks of it,the Crapmaro is not selling well again.The car looking like shit and not being special might be killed off again.The dam tugboat challenger out sells the shitty chevy now.:crackup::cwl:
The...the Cobra R...all of 300 which were made and sold....with it's no AC, or creature comforts, at $60,000 was faster than a $21,000 Z28. Ford didnt have an answer to the fucking 1993 LT1 until the Coyote came out in 2011. Don't fool yourself. And as far as the 14 GT500 vs the 13 ZL1, the ZL1 killed it on track with almost 100hp less. Quarter mile was not even far apart. Don't even get me started on the current gen 1LE vs the stuff Ford peddles us these days. The GT350s that couldn't handle track days. You've got to be kidding me. GM has one of the most successful LeMans teams in recent years, and it shows with their street offerings. Fords performance has been a joke for years, and if it wasn't for the Camaro, like I said before, we would still have that anaemic 5.0 from the 80s. I love my mustang, but sales numbers mean nothing to me. If I tracked this car more than 2 or 3 times a year, I would definitely be in a 1LE. I used my 16 year old girl heart and bought what I liked better, not what offers better performance, but nobody here can deny that the Camaro, when compared to its respective Mustang rival in its line up, is in a different class of performance.

Even the Boss 302 (had one of those too) got whooped by a 5th gen 1LE. The z28 wasn't even on the same planet when it comes to performance.

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Let’s be straight here. Is it really about which car sells most?

That really is a limp argument.

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
So now you want to cry about the number of COBRA Rs that there were at the time.:facepalm:
Yes. The limited production, hand built car, with no creature comforts, costing 3x times more than a Camaro or Firebird v8, that Ford built only 300 of because they had to stop production of the regular cobras because they were making 20% less power than advertised, is not the representative of the Mustangs performance metric of the day. The R also ran the quarter in high 12s, which is on par with the ls1 f bodies. Get real. Chevy didn't have to make a Camaro thi compete with the R, because for less money than an R, people could have just bought the Z06 and mopped the floor with the R in every single performance metric.

By the way ALL Crapmaros from 93-2011 were not faster than the MUSTANG.
93 to 02. Yes they were. 02 z28s were faster than 03 to 10 GTs.

As far as the 2013 zl1,it did NOT beat the GT500 at EVERY track.
Not on every track, but on more than half. With more weight and less power.

The GT350 with the track packs were fine on the track.The GT350 R didnt have any problems kicking the z28 in its Garbage Motors ass.
Yes, you had to spend another 7500 on top of the 60k to still get beat by a $43,000 1LE.

:crackup:FORD didnt run a car in LeMans like chevy does.
You missed the point here, but ok.

The Mustang came first then the Gigantic Mistake did what it does best,and thats copy FORD.Lets see,Mustang then came the Scrapmaro.There was the FORD ranchero ,then the General Malfunction came out with the el comino.
You really believe that Ford invented the 2+2 coupe? Got it.

FORD had the old GT40 with the motor in the back,now shitty chevy is going to put the motor in the back of their new shit c8.
Except Ford never had anything to compete with the Corvette. And Ford didn't even build the GT40, it was a Lola developed car. And who do you think Ford copied and stuck the engine mid ship on the GT? You can't be this dense.

:cwl:Dont fool yourself,all Garbage Motors does is copy other companies.:facepalm:On another note ,Garbage Motors went BANKRUPT,and now is china motors.Look that video up.:crackup::cwl:
Yes, they went bankrupt because it was run by idiots. Ford took the bail out money before the other manufacturers did. Look it up. Nothing you say will change the fact that the Camaro is the better performance car.

You want to talk Garbage Motors?

My 2011 GT had 2 MT82s replaced due to bad syncros. Pilot bearing failure. 2 clutch replacements. Rear end whine with the 3.73. All in 40k miles.

My 2012 Boss....ac condenser failed. Fans died. Rear end whine.

My 2018 GT... vibration in 1st gear so bad they had to replace the clutch and flywheel....at 6k miles. They found grease all over the clutch from a failed bearing. On a brand new car. Passenger side door sill was not installed correctly at the factory. Blemishes in the optional, more expensive paint color. Steering wheel not centered.

My 15 F150 3.5EB had poorly welded seams in the aluminum roof that Ford could not fix and they bought it back. Sunroof leaked too.

The only Ford I've owned that did not give me issues was a 15 Focus ST.

For fuck's sake, I've had two Rams, a 1500 and a 2500 that sees towing duty 3 to 4 times a month, and both of those have been to the dealer for maintenance only. An FCA product... has been to the dealer less than my Fords.

Ive never had an issue with my Viper or either of my Corvettes.
Sponsored