• ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are REQUIRED to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

Sold: North Carolina FS: stock cat back with welded CJPP h-pipe

lugz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
For sale - I bought a stock '15-'17 GT cat back off craigslist, cut off the suitcase and welded in a CJPP H-pipe. Before welding in the H-pipe, I cut it apart and hand ported the crossover to open up the holes and clean up any slag, fix their incomplete h-pipe welds, etc.

It looks stock from the back, and sounds only about 1/2 notch louder than stock. Honestly from inside the car - this cat back with the factory sound tube removed sounds just slightly different than the stock exhaust with the sound tube installed. So, it's just slightly louder and meaner than stock, while weighing aprox 15lbs lighter than the stock cat back with suitcase. It was perfect for me, but maybe too quiet for some of the younger crowd. :) Oh, yeah there's ZERO drone at any RPM. It's pretty sweet. I also liked that I could just swap the stock cat back right back in when the day came to sell the car. Fully bolt-in swap for stock in about 20 minutes.

Due to size, this is a pick-up only sale in Raleigh. To ship this thing, I'd have to cut it up, etc. and it just wouldn't be worth the effort and expense IMO.

$250+ invested. Asking $50.

(next to last pic is the h-pipe cat back for sale on the left compared to the stock cat-back on the right.)
(last pic is when it was new about ready to weld)

Resized_20190329_123240_5328.jpeg
Resized_20190329_123256_9247.jpeg
Resized_20190224_125939_8771.jpeg
DSCN2103.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

lugz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
price drop bumpety bump can't believe this thing hasn't sold yet

OP
OP

lugz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
I know someone wants this thing for $50. Can't buy the h-pipe for that. =:)

OP
OP

lugz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Still got this thing if anyone needs a cheap upgrade over the stock setup.

OP
OP

lugz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Christmas bonus bump. This thing has had a lot of nibbles, but still sitting under my chevelle project in the garage. Located in Raleigh, NC near Lake Wheeler. Needs to go to a good home!
Sponsored