Sound system sounds like garbage...

Derf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium 2016 Performance pack
It it common? My car sound like someone removed the subwoofer, if there would be one. Basically need to boost the bass almost to the max and set the sound level to 27 before i hear any bass. The sound seems to be coming from so far away. I stepped in my 2016 Edge and blasted some music and i could feel the bass in my bones. But in the mustang, it sounds like shit.
Sponsored

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
There are different radio options in your year Mustang. drop into the "Infotainment & Electronic" sub-forum, you will find what you are looking for there.

Coloradoeco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 eco pp
It’s funny I have a 2016 premium with the shaker pro, I have been rather impressed with it overall. No the bass is not as clean and impactful as I’d like but I was expecting worse based on what I had read online. Im pretty picky with my audio, usually prefer listening to everything through my JH Audio in ears for accuracy.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
A Canadian wanting to drop the bass into his bones!!!

Whatcha listening to OP? Some Skrillex? Run DMC? Beastie Boys?

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
I hooked up with my cousin who has a GT350 with the 9 speaker system and he took my Ecoboost Premium Shaker Pro out for a spin. He commented on how much better the Shaker Pro sounds than his system. I haven't heard the premium 9 speaker sound system but I will take his word for it.

I think the 12 speakers with the Shaker are different speakers than the premium (Shaker has 12 polymer cone speakers vs 9 paper cone?).

I always get the best Audio system available. The Shaker Pro sounds pretty good to me when I have Maiden blasting from the speakers. Everyone who rides in my car complements the sound system. It is not the best sound system I have but it doesn't suck either.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP

Derf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
A Canadian wanting to drop the bass into his bones!!!

Whatcha listening to OP? Some Skrillex? Run DMC? Beastie Boys?
This particular epiphany i had came by while listening to some french rapper who has a few good beats.

But usually i listen to metal. Opeth, Insomnium, In Flames, Dark Tranquility.

choate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10 401A with Active Exhaust
Do you have the shaker sub? I don’t but compared to my 2012 where all I did was put two 6x9 kickers in the doors that were the same frequency or whatever it’s called, this 2018 9 speaker totally sucked in my opinion. And from what I rear the factory door speakers were 2 ohm not 4ohm like the 2012 I had so aftermarket speakers that were mainly 4ohm would not help much. Not sure if all that is correct but bottom line replacing speakers wouldn’t do much of anything on my car but like you said almost zero bass. I fixed that by adding a Rockford Fosgate p300 sub/amp in one. It does take up a little room but can be unplugged and removed in 30 seconds. It does the trick for bass.

Hinzel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost
the non-shaker, 9 speaker system has absolutely 0 bass. like the EQ is being flattened. i haven't heard one, though i imagine the 6 speaker base is similar

i've heard good things about the shaker system. i have the 9 speaker, non-shaker "premium" and i put a sub in the trunk. it's quite a bit better now

OP
OP

Derf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
the non-shaker, 9 speaker system has absolutely 0 bass. like the EQ is being flattened. i haven't heard one, though i imagine the 6 speaker base is similar

i've heard good things about the shaker system. i have the 9 speaker, non-shaker "premium" and i put a sub in the trunk. it's quite a bit better now
I think i should do that. What setup do you have?

Hinzel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost
i got a used kicker l7 sub, box and amp on offerup for like $200 (can't remember exact price)

the amp wasn't big enough to push it, so i got a kicker amp that has built in support for a high level signal. this is needed as i'm tapped into the rear deck speakers

you could optionally use an LOC and pretty much any amp you want

Sponsored

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
Thankful I went for the Shaker Sound , NAV and the Premium Package.

It wasn't cheap

choate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10 401A with Active Exhaust

Zathras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
With the 9-speaker system (no sub) on my '18, it's kind of strange how it seems like it can produce some bass with certain source material, but not with others. On some techno-style music with deep bass, it actually does deliver some bass. But on traditional rock/metal, it has almost no bass. It's like it can only deliver bass in a certain frequency range or above a certain signal level, and if it's not getting that, it doesn't even try.

The Shaker 500 on my 2011, which was a mid-grade sound option at the time, was considerably better than the mid-grade 9 speaker system Ford offers now.
Sponsored