OP
OP
Walt

Walt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost MT
Removing the bumper is easy. There are plenty of videos out there to guide you through it. I've removed mine several times, on both my previous 2015 and my current 2018. The only difference between the 2 is where the bumper attaches to the fender. The 2018+ is much easier and has less risk of damaging the bumper tabs than the 2015-17.
What if you damage one of the tabs? Are they replaceable or do you have to get a whole new bumper?
Sponsored

KewlWinter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EcoBoost Premium+ Ruby Red
Vehicle Showcase
What if you damage one of the tabs? Are they replaceable or do you have to get a whole new bumper?
You can buy the Quik-Latch QL-25 (pair) which will align it better and make it easier to take on and off in the future. You can get them at most of the popular online vendors for around $50 for the pair.
The tabs can be intact or completely ripped off and these will work without having to replace the bumper cover.

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
If you had to redo the install, would you chose to remove the bumper or do it again from the top? I'm not sure what's easier, the bumper removal gives you more space but taking it off looks like a pain.
I would still go through the top. I removed the bumper once before when installing the RTR grille, one of the little tabs/hooks broke, but it went back into place just fine. I am just paranoid for ever doing it again. It really was not hard going through the top/bottom. Just fidgeting the old one out from the bottom was a little pain.

cvf-jason

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cvfab.com
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Mustang
Hey Walt - I sent you a DM.

If you're in the market for a stock-replacement intercooler and have a bit of patience we at CVF are offering our unit at 10% off for pre-order pricing, plus additional discounts.

Street-tested to drop intake temps. 40+ degrees and optimal for your situation, everyday driving. There are reviews and data in the link for you to check out.

Give us a look and let me know what you think. :like:

https://www.cvfab.com/collections/t...street-intercooler-2015-ford-mustang-ecoboost

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
You can buy the Quik-Latch QL-25 (pair) which will align it better and make it easier to take on and off in the future. You can get them at most of the popular online vendors for around $50 for the pair.
The tabs can be intact or completely ripped off and these will work without having to replace the bumper cover.
Hey thanks, attempting my install this weekend with a member here and I may need these if I mess up