Sponsored

S550 owners who carry firearms: What, and where?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaw8787

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
18 ecoboost mustang
How do you two like your vp 9’s? I’ve got the hk vp40. Really comfortable handle and the trigger is legit. Night sites are neat although kind of retarded cause it’s made of that glow material that requires light to charge. So while concealed. Or at night, they are useless cause they see no light to be charged lol
Sponsored

1bad66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT PP1, '66 Mustang, '18 BMW X3, '97 Tacoma
How do you two like your vp 9’s? I’ve got the hk vp40. Really comfortable handle and the trigger is legit. Night sites are neat although kind of retarded cause it’s made of that glow material that requires light to charge. So while concealed. Or at night, they are useless cause they see no light to be charged lol
Love my VP9, more than I thought I would actually. Easy to shoot well...

Thereitis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350/2017 F150 Plat
HK 45C. Liking the HK love here :) To the above, tritium is the answer: https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/USP-Tactical-Night-Sight-Set-Fully-Adjustable-p1721.htm

And if it hasn't been said, https://www.hkpro.com/forum/forum.php is a GREAT source.

FWIW, I practice this:

Forgive the beginning.

Also the Mozambique drill:

Yeah it's sexy and all but couldn't find a good vid that explained it without 10 mins of advertising. If interested look it up. Hope this helps! Damn formatting :( Last pic is demo of steering column, not mine of course but it is effective.
Capture.JPG

Slow is smooth, smooth is fast!

Last edited:

maddog1982

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (S550)
Damn guys, over in the UK handguns have been illegal since 97 and if caught with anything that could be defined as a weapon in the car you will get arrested. I have recently given up my firearms certificate as its so much of a ballache over hear, only allowed one caliber as defined by your licence and a certain number of rounds, exceed that go to jail for ten years. I could only ever hold a maximum of 200 7.62, 350 357 and 1000 .22lr

I have family in the states and my cousin lives in Florida, I love visiting him as he has a CCL and just about every kinda gun made.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Damn guys, over in the UK handguns have been illegal since 97 and if caught with anything that could be defined as a weapon in the car you will get arrested. I have recently given up my firearms certificate as its so much of a ballache over hear, only allowed one caliber as defined by your licence and a certain number of rounds, exceed that go to jail for ten years.
I understand the UK is starting down the road for knife control because (as you would expect) criminals aren't weapon monogamous.

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I'd tell you what and where, but then it wouldn't be a surprise....

maddog1982

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (S550)
As far as I am aware its always been the case of carrying a blade over 3inches on the street is a big no no

Shibaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt. BAD GRN
I live in the ungun friendly state of ca. I dont carry a gun in my car for self defence. I have thought about getting a ccw permit. Not sure if it is worth the money...hassle...responcibility. All said i do transport cowboy guns when i shoot cowboy action shooting on the weekends. Unloaded and safe.

Shibaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt. BAD GRN
As far as I am aware its always been the case of carrying a blade over 3inches on the street is a big no no
When i am on my mt bike i carry a cold steel serrated 5 " blade. When i am by my self...need protection

Sponsored

Hadelson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hugo
Vehicle(s)
19 Roush RS3 P2, 6 speed; Lots of suspension work
IMO: None of your business if I am carrying or not. If I am and pulled over by a LEO, there is a process of notification called common sense and let the LEO know you are a carrying and location of the piece. Other then that, none of your business. My analogy, do you show your cards when playing poker?

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
IMO: None of your business if I am carrying or not. If I am and pulled over by a LEO, there is a process of notification called common sense and let the LEO know you are a carrying and location of the piece. Other then that, none of your business. My analogy, do you show your cards when playing poker?
You have to show your card in Indian Poker.

Hadelson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hugo
Vehicle(s)
19 Roush RS3 P2, 6 speed; Lots of suspension work
How's that 5MM Mechanical pencil that is common place? Makes a very nasty cut and is over 3 inches long.

Kinda of shoots down the entire argument.

maddog1982

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (S550)
How's that 5MM Mechanical pencil that is common place? Makes a very nasty cut and is over 3 inches long.

Kinda of shoots down the entire argument.
Not even sure what that is. The UK laws are usually knee jerk reactions to something to gain political votes. I miss shooting revolvers but I am lucky I have family in the states I can go to see and spend a day shooting.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.