Sponsored

Quick Jack 5000 at Costco

GTthree50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Grey 2017 GT350
What jack points are you using with the quick jack?
I have Steeda jacking rails and there is just enough length to get the rubber blocks at the ends of the rails. The car goes up smoothly and is very solid and secure in the lifted position. Initially I thought the rails may be too short to work with the blocks in the positions the trays would allow but it did work and work very well.
Sponsored

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I use standard jacking points on pinch welds on mine - except I added ZL1 Addons jacking pads - reason for that being - the rubber blocks that the cars rests on are going to split fairly quickly if lifting using pinch welds.
Can confirm

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep SRT8 / GT350R / FocusRS
I ordered one from Costco on March 29th. It's not my first choice but options just slightly better cost a lot more. Ceiling isn't high enough to walk under the car with a two or four post, so QuickJack it was.

Or so I thought....

I got a tracking number Mar 31 saying it would be delivered yesterday (April 3rd). So I changed plans to be here. My door camera announces the arrival but the truck is pulling away before I can get to the door. I drag two big ass boxes into the house and go about my business. This morning I notice the long box says LEFT FRAME. The other box is a cube, no doubt containing the pump, hoses, etc.. A search for unboxing videos shows TWO long boxes - one for each side of the car.

I called UPS and they said the tracking number was for just one box, not two and not three. They said that Costco violated UPS guidelines by not using a different tracking number for each box. He had no explanation why both boxes had the same tracking number despite his assurance the tracking number was for one box. UPS can do nothing because they either delivered what was sent or even delivered an extra bonus box.

I chatted at Costco.com. Costco gets with UPS and UPS tells them they haven't picked up the package from Costco yet. Costco then asks if I ordered more than one QuickJack. ($5 to anyone who can convince me how that question relates to receiving just part of one order).

Costco then asks me for the tracking number (note they had already claimed that UPS had just told them it had not been picked up yet).

So, I provide Costco with the tracking number Costco sent me and ask if that means they have another tracking number. The answer is yes and that number (which was never provided to me) just shipped today. And that it is the remaining piece. They said it was shipped separately because it was too heavy to ship with the rest. They could not understand why I did not accept that as the reason it wasn't even shipped until the other boxes arrived. Maybe UPS has a max total weight of all packages in their system at any time.

Then the story changed from the 3rd box shipped today -to- it is lost in transit and there hasn't been an update to its status for SEVERAL days. (note that would include multiple days before Costco just now said it was shipped).

I swear Costco and UPS both just make this crap up as they go along.

Costco asked me if I wanted to see if the 3rd box ever shows up before doing anything. Curiously, they did not ask if I would like a sharp stick in the eye.

Of course I don't want to wait and see before starting the waiting clock all over again. I want them to send me a replacement.

I'm told they just re-placed my order.

I ask for the new order number. I'm told it will be the same order number as the original. I tell them that makes no sense because the order page in my account does not appear to be designed to reflect such a convoluted chain of events.

They reaffirm the order number is still the same. So I ask how I will track the new shipment since the tracking of Costco.com orders is via link in the order page.

Then I'm told there is a new order number after all and they gave it to me but say it will never appear in my list of orders or have a status page I can access. I don't believe that any more than 75% of anything else they said, but will wait a day to see.

I told them I wanted a Costco gift card for $xxx for putting up with the delay and runaround. They would put a note in my file to consider compensation after the replacement is delivered. I asked them to include in the note that the replacement will be going back to the local Costco as well without adequate compensation.

It gets better. They tell me they would only be able to tell me how much the compensation would have been AFTER I returned the second shipment!

I had to print the chat as proof in case anyone tries to have me committed for making up such a ridiculous story. LoL
Sooo... did you end up with 2 Left Frames, 1 Right Frame, 2 pumps, and extra hoses? ;)

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Sooo... did you end up with 2 Left Frames, 1 Right Frame, 2 pumps, and extra hoses? ;)
Costco had UPS pick up the two boxes I received and then shipped identical boxes for those plus one other for the other frame. I was able to find out from UPS the tracking numbers Costco did not provide for the new boxes. Those are moving in lock step.

Seems pretty stupid to unnecessarily pay to ship 130 lbs back and pay to ship the identical 130 lbs to me. Not to even mention the potential for damage to or loss of the replacements being shipped to me.

datadatum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350
I put on the ZL1 Addons jack pads, and I couldn't be happier with how easy it is to line up the QuickJack to the pads. Super simple addition that is very functional.

Sponsored

calistag

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium California Special
Steeda full length jacking rails and yes, there is plenty of room for the creeper to pass between the front end of the front tire and the front bumper. Once I've jacked up the car, there is barely six inches of space at the rear, so I use a creeper to roll around from the front.

This is the method I used when spraying the under carriage with Fluid Film.

BTW, Costco always takes care of their members. At least they have done so for me for many many years.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
BTW, Costco always takes care of their members. At least they have done so for me for many many years.
They offered $108 (10% of what I paid including tax) in a cash card. I asked if it was a card I could use anywhere and they said it would be a Costco card. Since the amount was on the low side of what I wanted, I didn't think it was that great of a gesture since they would profit on whatever I bought with the card. So I asked for more. No dice. Then at the close of the chat (gotta have records), they said instead of the card, the $108 would be credited back to the CC I paid for the QuickJack with. I thanked them and pointed out that IS the equivalent of giving me a cash card good anywhere. :wink:

MDM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
M3, F350
Quickjack sells pinch weld blocks. I had to round the corners a bit. If you do it just right they will stay stuck to the car which makes alignment even easier. Just remember to pull them off when you are done working.

16Fastback

RMR 8985
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fastback , 2009 Ranger 4x4
So before I spend $1000 this will work with Steeda full length jacking rails?

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Quickjack sells pinch weld blocks.
Doesn't apply to me since I have jacking rails but how can that work on an S550 where the side skirts extend down as far as the pinch welds. The skirts are flexible but I still wouldn't want them to be bent upward however deep the notches in those blocks are.

Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Quickjack sells pinch weld blocks. I had to round the corners a bit. If you do it just right they will stay stuck to the car which makes alignment even easier. Just remember to pull them off when you are done working.
Mine did not fit in the slots in the plastic side skirts - had to sell them at a loss after first attempt to use them.

MDM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
M3, F350
Mine did not fit in the slots in the plastic side skirts - had to sell them at a loss after first attempt to use them.
The skirts have squares in them at the jacking points. You will have to round the edges of the pinch weld blocks for them to fit. But they do fit and work very well. I used a belt sander to round 2 edges on each block.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
The skirts have squares in them at the jacking points. You will have to round the edges of the pinch weld blocks for them to fit. But they do fit and work very well. I used a belt sander to round 2 edges on each block.
Like I wrote above - I put ZL1 addons pads - this way I don't have to align the blocks (which I don't have anyway). They also work when car is lifted in the shop...

calistag

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium California Special
So before I spend $1000 this will work with Steeda full length jacking rails?
I have the Steeda's full length ($99 version) on my '19 and they work perfectly with the QuickJack 5000.
Sponsored