Sponsored

2019 Bang & Olufsen retrofit for 2015-2018 S550

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
A while back I had someone photo their B&O DSP/AMP. From what I could tell the wiring harnesses at the DSP looked completely different.
Sponsored

Pongo23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nevin
Vehicle(s)
Procharged 2015 Mustang GT PP
We just ordered a complete B&O set up for Hextalls car. We will have more information including part numbers, pictures as well as information related to a swap harness for the DSP.
Looking forward to more info; looking for an easy way to improve sound quality.

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Magnetic/Showstopper Red, 401A, Active Exhaust
We just ordered a complete B&O set up for Hextalls car. We will have more information including part numbers, pictures as well as information related to a swap harness for the DSP.
Any info yet?

Chris@HBH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
13 GT500
Waiting on a DSP. The speakers are definitely different and the midbass and sub are definitely an improvement vs 9 or 12 speaker. The harness for the DSP conversion is just waiting for the DSP to arrive. We need to see if it works with non B&O ACMs
Total cost is about $1000 not including rear speakers. (We don’t use tear speakers in a car)

Sponsored

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Magnetic/Showstopper Red, 401A, Active Exhaust
Any info on the speaker impedance?

Sponsored

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
An improvement but not the same as using something like a Hybrid Audio or Dynaudio driver. Midbass is marginally better. It still needs a sub to sound decent. The amp was a pain in the ass for us to get from Ford even with connections.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
If it is of any use to the original poster I have the B&O system in my 2019 car and it sounds OK. It took a while to fiddle with it to get it sounding right - initially it was faded too far to the rear (even with it set to the middle of the car) with a horrible overpowering boomy bass that just smothered everything. Minimizing the bass, moving the fade forward and boosting the mid range made a huge difference and tightened the sound up. There is still plenty of bass from the sub but it doesn't drown everything else out. Overall not bad but probably not quite as good as my Mondeo (Fusion) with the 12 speaker setup.

ean611

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eitan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
If it is of any use to the original poster I have the B&O system in my 2019 car and it sounds OK. It took a while to fiddle with it to get it sounding right - initially it was faded too far to the rear (even with it set to the middle of the car) with a horrible overpowering boomy bass that just smothered everything. Minimizing the bass, moving the fade forward and boosting the mid range made a huge difference and tightened the sound up. There is still plenty of bass from the sub but it doesn't drown everything else out. Overall not bad but probably not quite as good as my Mondeo (Fusion) with the 12 speaker setup.
I had this same issue with the Shaker system. I used the interior / audio main thread page 7 info for the connectors to the stock amp. I bought a male and female, and have a breakout wire that I used to wire in a DSR1, but instead of going to amps, it goes back into stock amplifier. This means that I can re-eq the stock system, which gives the power to fix the bass issue.

Granted, once I prevented the bass from washing everything else out, I found the shaker midrange drivers were not nice, so replaced them with Hybrid Audio L3v2 drivers. The B&O midrange drivers did sound better than the shaker ones, so you may get better results.

Jaync

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 RS3
I called the dealer today to order the B&O amp and subwoofer and they aren’t even able to order them right now. The subwoofer doesn’t even have a price yet. The amp has a price but they are on backorder. Will have to wait or go completely aftermarket.

ean611

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eitan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
I called the dealer today to order the B&O amp and subwoofer and they aren’t even able to order them right now. The subwoofer doesn’t even have a price yet. The amp has a price but they are on backorder. Will have to wait or go completely aftermarket.
https://rockfordfosgate.com/products/details/dsr1/

This item (along with the F03 adapter) will likely be your best friend should you go after market.
Sponsored