Sponsored

Anyone sell an R and REALLY regret it? I know....

OP
OP
stanglife

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I posted partially for the conversation and partially because I'm really conflicted. It has little to do with the money - I can afford to keep it but I cant justify starting another project with a car like this still in the garage. It's first-world-problems, for sure. I really love the car. I actually have my Audi RS4 for sale as well and if it sells first, the R MIGHT go into daily duty. It's not something I imagined doing at first (although, I have 12,700 miles on her after almost 3 years)...I wanted that experience of keeping it special by only driving it once in a while but man, it feels special every damn time - so I don't really mind driving it!

I guess it really boils down to how sorted the car is, stock. I miss building stuff and there's just nothing to do on this. I feel like that's a stupid reason to complain about something but you only live once - so I'm just trying to follow whatever craving I have at the time :). 2 years seems to be my weak point, lol.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
I posted partially for the conversation and partially because I'm really conflicted. It has little to do with the money - I can afford to keep it but I cant justify starting another project with a car like this still in the garage. It's first-world-problems, for sure. I really love the car. I actually have my Audi RS4 for sale as well and if it sells first, the R MIGHT go into daily duty. It's not something I imagined doing at first (although, I have 12,700 miles on her after almost 3 years)...I wanted that experience of keeping it special by only driving it once in a while but man, it feels special every damn time - so I don't really mind driving it!

I guess it really boils down to how sorted the car is, stock. I miss building stuff and there's just nothing to do on this. I feel like that's a stupid reason to complain about something but you only live once - so I'm just trying to follow whatever craving I have at the time :). 2 years seems to be my weak point, lol.
My post was sheer conversation piece and my personal reason for not selling the car. I get it! For my tinkering fix I am part of a Champ race team. We drive 94-95 Saturn with a built motor (LOL) and to stay competitive, almost the entire suspension system is stock. Needles to say things break a lot. We have had some major life events during the build so we still haven't officially entered a race. However, we are ringing it out making sure all our electrical work is good and sorting out the suspension. Maybe a very cheap car like the saturn or similar would make a great tinker car for you. It will require a lot of tinkering and will keep you quite busy:cwl::crackup::cwl:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Why not buy a voodoo motor and do a complete overhaul honeybadger style? That's my plan once I finish my training

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
I decided to sell my R a while back and put it up in a few places with a not-aggressive price, as my heart wasn't really into selling it. It's STILL not 100% into it but I've started to lower the price a bit to the area that I've seen other used Rs sell for. I just want to build another car - I like turning wrenches and these cars are pretty well sorted the way they come. Anyone sell theirs and realize it was a terrible mistake?

PS - I know this is an invite for the trolls - one douche-canoe, in particular...thank god for the block feature (so keep in mind, if you reply, I'm not going to see it, which makes it even that much dumber, on your part).
I thought of selling mine last year but my heart still says no.... so I still have mine even although I don't drive it as much as my Pcars. The GT350R may be old news but it's still one hell of a fun car and relatively scarce. And as stated, the values are kinda tanking right now... for some reference, here's the latest on a 2017 R via Manheim (note: wholesale auction):

2017-GT350R_MMR_10April2019.JPG

Sponsored

BoostinFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor
I thought of selling mine last year but my heart still says no.... so I still have mine even although I don't drive it as much as my Pcars. The GT350R may be old news but it's still one hell of a fun car and relatively scarce. And as stated, the values are kinda tanking right now... for some reference, here's the latest on a 2017 R via Manheim (note: wholesale auction):

2017-GT350R_MMR_10April2019.JPG
I wouldn't take that Manheim report to heart... A buddy of mine took his 17 R to the dealer, few months ago, as a potential trade on 1LE... they offered him 61k for it. It did have less than 1k miles and it was clean... but it just goes to show that every dealer is different. This one, in particular, said that although they do look at Manheim, they also check KBB, nada and call a few local Ford dealers when it comes to 350 and 350R. That being said, the value of them has been going down. In the end, it's a car... a depreciating asset. Anyone that bought one, as an investment, should take some online classes in proper investments :)

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
I wouldn't take that Manheim report to heart... A buddy of mine took his 17 R to the dealer, few months ago, as a potential trade on 1LE... they offered him 61k for it. It did have less than 1k miles and it was clean... but it just goes to show that every dealer is different. This one, in particular, said that although they do look at Manheim, they also check KBB, nada and call a few local Ford dealers when it comes to 350 and 350R. That being said, the value of them has been going down. In the end, it's a car... a depreciating asset. Anyone that bought one, as an investment, should take some online classes in proper investments :)
Yep but dealers will still use Manheim to lowball customers trying to trade-in. They always do. I do agree values are declining yet I also have a friend who's 2016 R with <2k miles receive a trade-in of 61k earlier this year. Case by case basis really.

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
My trade in offer was $62K this past December.

Dominator961

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R
For me. If I am thinking of selling something, that tells me Iā€™m not in love with it anymore.

But thatā€™s not to say that I never sold something that I donā€™t regret.
I sold a classic that I regret.
If I sold my R I donā€™t think Iā€™d regret it so much so because itā€™s a new car and they are easier to come by. A classic not so easy.

Sponsored

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
I wish I could buy this from you and keep it local, GLWS

OP
OP
stanglife

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe

Txclyde1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT350#43
I considered selling my 2015 Track Pack.I kind of put it out there and had interest....but I really didnā€™t want to sell it.I actually drive my car ,not very often ,but I do have 6,000 miles on it.In the past I have owned 2 ā€˜65 and 1ā€™66 GT 350.They were special cars and I think these are also.It would be hard to let it go.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I decided to sell my R a while back and put it up in a few places with a not-aggressive price, as my heart wasn't really into selling it. It's STILL not 100% into it but I've started to lower the price a bit to the area that I've seen other used Rs sell for. I just want to build another car - I like turning wrenches and these cars are pretty well sorted the way they come. Anyone sell theirs and realize it was a terrible mistake?

PS - I know this is an invite for the trolls - one douche-canoe, in particular...thank god for the block feature (so keep in mind, if you reply, I'm not going to see it, which makes it even that much dumber, on your part).
Jeff, everyone looks at these situations from a different view point but will tell you my story regarding selling a couple of R models and hope that my comments may help you with our decision going forward.

Back in late 2016 I owned GR107 after which time I was offered a good amount of money from a Ford dealer/owner in the PNW who said that my car would go into his personal collection. I sold him the car but did not have the Shelby owners kit at the time and promised to forward to him when received. After I received the owners kit I contacted Phil who consequently already flipped the car therefore I kept the owners kit and been looking for the new owner for the last 2 1/2 years and just found the new owner sitting right in my new backyard in Arizona. Bottom line is I let GR107 go because I knew that if I missed it a great deal which I did that I could order another Base R and took delivery of HR019 less than a year later.

As a side note the new owner of GR107 is coming to my home this coming week after which time I will provide him with the original Window Sticker, unopened Shelby Owners Kit and the original bill of sale and really looking forward to meeting him and seeing my old car again.

While owning HR019 I was approached by a very good friend of mine who lusted over a 2017 RR Base R after which time I relented and sold him HR019.

No question that him and his son are like family to me and even though I hated to see that car go I knew that Ford was going to build a 2018 GT350R but also knew that the demise of the Base R's were just around the corner therefore ordered a 2018 R in early August 2017. Won't get into all of the details but found out in January 2018 that Ford initially declined my Base R order and that I had to take an Electronic Package car instead. After many phone calls, emails and discussions for Dearborn and Oakville I was very fortunate to have my original order confirmed and built as a 2018 Base R.

After having sold 2 R models and missing them a great deal once they were gone I would suggest that you may miss your R as well and will possibly have a great deal of remorse just as I did therefore I suggest that you have a contingency plan or back up plan in order to obtain another R model just in case that you miss your R a great deal.

It is my opinion and only speculation that the 2019MY may be the last year for the R model therefore suggest that you take a long and hard look regarding letting go of your R model go.

Good luck going forward and personally I hope that you keep your very cool car and can tell you that F0077 and JR157 are certainly not going nowhere at this point in my life!
DSCF1669.JPG
HR019 - Trailered.jpg
F0077 & JR157.jpg
Sponsored