Sponsored

Stock vs Modded

scottycameron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP1 Orange Fury
You won’t get your $8000 supercharger investment back.
Who calls a SC an "investment"? It's a purchase.

My car was a purchase not an investment.

Everyday I wake up it's worth less and I'm one day closer to death.

typical baby boomer yelling at clouds telling everyone else how things "should" be.
Sponsored

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
It's not just about keeping the car for 50 years hoping to be a future classic. If you are planning on selling your car ever, and care about your resale price, you are better off mostly stock. I suspect most of you are like me, and if shopping for a used Mustang, Camaro, Corvette, you look at the pictures on Autotrader/Cargurus and cars that show signs of modification get discounted in your mind. Maybe immediately crossed off your list. Maybe a little different story if the seller is someone you know and the you are familiar with the mods, but let's face it, for every car that has well thought out, well installed mods that improve performance and asthetics there are 3 that have crappy mods that make the car worse (and I'm not talking about little stuff like PPF).

If you don't plan on ever selling the car, and/or don't care if you lose money on your mods then have at it. I totally understand people who mod as a hobby in itself. That's cool too.

OP
OP

Tony T

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible
I get the idea that 435 horsepower is enough for you. However, considerations of holding value really don't make sense for these cars as many have mentioned.
What about bigger wheels and tires? That's a nice upgrade for S550s from both a performance and style standpoint. :)
It already has 19” wheels on it..

OP
OP

Tony T

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
And one other point to take into consideration is insurance claims and coverage.

If you modded car is stolen, unless you have added coverage, your expensive mods are gone.

They will only give you book.

The same if you total it in a accident.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Way off. There were many times more Mustangs produced in the 60s than today. In 1966 there were 607k Mustangs made. Compare that to what, about 100k mustangs in 2016 and even less last year.

What makes them more rare is age. Many cars were not taken care of or have been destroyed, etc.
Whoops :cwl:

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
It already has 19” wheels on it..
Good. But are they wide enough? And does the color match the roof wrap you should be getting? Haha. Just messin' with ya.

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase

c-rizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Explorer Sport
In 50+ years a lot of "old" pristine muscle cars will start to appreciate in value. The problem will be finding gasoline, when all of the cars are electric!

Most cars are used up in 20 years. Meaning they've been driven 200,000 miles, left out in the sun, interior falling apart, etc.. So yeah if you can keep your car in the garage with low miles it will at some point be worth more. But the time value of money means a new car will cost the same. And pretty much any other investment of that same dollar amount would be worth 10 fold more. (like if you put it in to stocks or bonds or even CDs)

And yeah people bought a 1965 car for $2k, but the same car now-a-days cost $45k. So Its no surprise if kept in collectible condition someone would be willing to pay $40k for a "like-new" old car.

We are near the pinnacle of performance where you can buy Hellcats, GT500s, ZL1s, Z06s with 650-700hp for "cheap" compared to supercars. And over 700hp doesn't really help very much. That's why 90% of super cars come with 600-700hp. The gas engine HP race is effectively over. We're at the point now of reducing weight with carbon fiber, composites, aluminum, magnesium, etc.

The electric revolution will bring 700hp with 1000 lbs of torque sports cars. Instant break your neck thrust!

Sponsored

radar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible 5 Litre V8
Modifications can also give the manufacturer an “out” in some warranty claims.

OP
OP

Tony T

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
First thing I was taught in the military was how to fold my damn uniform...
You don’t get your uniforms until day two.

Day one you get, “Did your Mommy and Daddy send you all the way here just to piss me off?”

Lol

Day one you get, never assume anything!! Because when you do, you just make an Ass between U and me... :)

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
Way off. There were many times more Mustangs produced in the 60s than today. In 1966 there were 607k Mustangs made. Compare that to what, about 100k mustangs in 2016 and even less last year.

What makes them more rare is age. Many cars were not taken care of or have been destroyed, etc.
Well actually...

1965 Mustang Production numbers. 559,451

2015 Mustang Production numbers. 122,349

2018/19 production numbers are substantially less. I used 65 to 15 to keep that simple 50 year break. However, many 1st and 2nd gens have been destroyed, crashed, rusted out etc, so of course they become more rare every day.
I'm sure ford would love to see sales numbers like these again! I read an article that talked about why the mustang sales tanked from the first several years, basically it was because of increased size and weight.
Screenshot_20190409-211252_Chrome.jpg

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
The whole S550 production run so far is like 510 000 cars that's less than 1965. In 30-40 years the S550 will be a collectable for few reasons. 1st it's the last V8 that Mustang will get according to the new electrical Mustang reports. 2nd it will be very rare compared to original Mustang based on numbers alone. 3rd there will be no gas cars anymore. Last part leave us wondering where to find gas so I suggest for every tank you buy today start buying 1 more to save for the feature and by feature I mean 50 years from now.

radar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible 5 Litre V8
Saw ad for Kodak 400 ASA rolls - got me thinking - in the future probably only have “special drive days” like a modern steam rally.

Our petrol powered V8s will be subject to increased registration requirements, there will be “carbon tax” off set and maybe fuel as we know it maybe rationed or difficult to obtain.
Sponsored