DHG - CarMax Fesno CA

el-guapin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tesla.com
Vehicle(s)
1949 UFO
Also While there, take off the plate frame to see the paint finish behind it. There may be more than one set of holes!.. Or at worst.. Paint damage because of the holes!
Sponsored

pht9vf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
paddytee
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
i do not have a front license nor drilled holes on my bullitt bumper. BUT.......i did notice that the little indents that indicates where to drill the holes are not parallel to the top of the bumper. That could be a possibility in the above picture.

OP
OP
THE_AHJ

THE_AHJ

AuthorityHvngJurisdiction
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
Metrolink
Well what's worse is I don't think they even used those because I am looking at some of the OEM brackets for MY19 and the mounting hole for the bracket itself is right near center of the bumper unlike the picture above where it's near the top. I honestly think CarMax drilled the holes, slapped on their plates and took the pictures to post it ASAP.

OP
OP
THE_AHJ

THE_AHJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
Metrolink
sup all, so I ended up going to Carmax to check it out and Carmax did indeed drill the holes themselves and did it crooked. Not bothered as much because since CA needs to have the front plate I'll just get the bracket. My biggest concern is that I started up the car, took it for a drive and there was no tick, mind you this was at noon or so in CA. I took the car home and didnt experience anything funny, but the following day I turned it on and it has the tick, it's pretty loud and can be heard with windows down or up inside the cabin.

It does get faint once the car is warm but to say the least I'm not happy, I know it was up to chance that I would or wouldnt get the tick. I have until Saturday to return it if I'd like to without any issues. Thoughts, recommendations?

BTW my 2016 doesnt have this issue and has never had it.

OP
OP
THE_AHJ

THE_AHJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
Metrolink
So I ended up returning the car to Carmax. It suffered from the "tick" and "rattled" between 1750 and 2000 RPM. I dropped it off today and it will probably be back on the lot after they take a look at it.

If you're interested it's K2190.
Sponsored