bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Be careful with watching any news channels on those Oleds, my LG had burn in after a year of normal use...thankfully LG has been pretty good about swapping them out ( even out of warranty) but the panels being organic are succebtible to burn in, my burn in started around the 3000 hour mark.
Have 5 years warranty and don't watch news should be fine :)
Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
My LG C7P 65" has 0 burn-in and I play games and watch TV on it quite a bit. It's a very impressive TV and I somehow got it for $1700 after some potentially shady "price matching" games with credit cards, lol.

Coloradoeco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 eco pp
My LG C7P 65" has 0 burn-in and I play games and watch TV on it quite a bit. It's a very impressive TV and I somehow got it for $1700 after some potentially shady "price matching" games with credit cards, lol.
For the most part it’s hard to notice on regular watching content... I noticed a discoloration on reds in one section of my tv, wife thought I was crazy. I initially thought it was a bad hdmi but when I noticed it on all sources I threw in my Avia calibration and that’s when I saw the picture was no longer uniform for brightness, I had a news bar burned im , it mostly is noticeable against red backgrounds. Most people would prob not notice it but paying 3 grand for a tv I expected more (bought early 2017). Just dont run it on minimal or none energy savings and you should be fine. These guys ahave a great on going test

https://www.rtings.com/tv/learn/real-life-oled-burn-in-test

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
For the most part it’s hard to notice on regular watching content... I noticed a discoloration on reds in one section of my tv, wife thought I was crazy. I initially thought it was a bad hdmi but when I noticed it on all sources I threw in my Avia calibration and that’s when I saw the picture was no longer uniform for brightness, I had a news bar burned im , it mostly is noticeable against red backgrounds. Most people would prob not notice it but paying 3 grand for a tv I expected more (bought early 2017). Just dont run it on minimal or none energy savings and you should be fine. These guys ahave a great on going test

https://www.rtings.com/tv/learn/real-life-oled-burn-in-test
That's the site that convinced me to buy it. I love how in depth they are. Way over my head in customized settings.

Sponsored

Coloradoeco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 eco pp
That's the site that convinced me to buy it. I love how in depth they are. Way over my head in customized settings.
Yeah suffice to say I do not watch CNN at all now since my panel replacement, just an fyi too LG is doing a one time complimentary panel replacement with impacted sets, not sure how long that will last

90Notch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver GT PP1 A10

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
LG hooked you up with two wins there.... hahahaha
If you count you still have the best TV money can buy it's actually three wins. LG interface is super slick. And overall this TV's are close to perfection to me. I have it for 4 months now and can't stop watching it. I also watch a lot of Zander13 on it as well.

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I closed my channel, when I opened up my FBA business, but I'm going to start it up again, but yes, I've personally known both of them for a long time.
FBA, cool! Hope it is going well for you. I guess that type of business model will grow.

It's funny before I really started to watch YouTube frequently(almost 2 years ago now) I did not know of Casey, Peter Mckinnon and... now I am e.g looking forward to Peters 2 minute Tuesdays lol

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I really struggle with the whole you tube channel thing. I mean there are some pretty useless channels out there as people have described with young kids taking their mommy's to the mall in the Ferrari and they have over 1M subscribers.. I say shame on America for funding these idiots. It's no different than professional sports.. people need to be entertained and so people continue to fund these athletes who are getting paid millions of dollars per year. Personally my goal is to see that Mr. Goddell and the rest of the NFL doesn't receive one penny of my money... I don't go to games, I don't own any apparel and you couldn't pay me to go to a game... and I live 20 minutes from Green Bay where people idolize a bunch of spoiled rich kids.. Enough about the NFL.. back to you tube.. I see this as any get rich quick scheme.. people got in on the ground floor or are charismatic and can gain a following.. while guys like zander13 limp along hoping for the big break...There are only a few genuine guys I see out there in the mustang community.. (thatdudeinblue, for example) The rest are trying too hard, too much drama, and making unwise financial decisions in the hope of making it big... I just watched his video and it is sad... saying thank you thank you to people donating like it was the Jerry Lewis labor day telethon.. Not discounting that what happened to him was bad, but he seems to always be in the wrong place at the wrong time....

Coloradoeco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 eco pp
I really struggle with the whole you tube channel thing. I mean there are some pretty useless channels out there as people have described with young kids taking their mommy's to the mall in the Ferrari and they have over 1M subscribers.. I say shame on America for funding these idiots. It's no different than professional sports.. people need to be entertained and so people continue to fund these athletes who are getting paid millions of dollars per year. Personally my goal is to see that Mr. Goddell and the rest of the NFL doesn't receive one penny of my money... I don't go to games, I don't own any apparel and you couldn't pay me to go to a game... and I live 20 minutes from Green Bay where people idolize a bunch of spoiled rich kids.. Enough about the NFL.. back to you tube.. I see this as any get rich quick scheme.. people got in on the ground floor or are charismatic and can gain a following.. while guys like zander13 limp along hoping for the big break...There are only a few genuine guys I see out there in the mustang community.. (thatdudeinblue, for example) The rest are trying too hard, too much drama, and making unwise financial decisions in the hope of making it big... I just watched his video and it is sad... saying thank you thank you to people donating like it was the Jerry Lewis labor day telethon.. Not discounting that what happened to him was bad, but he seems to always be in the wrong place at the wrong time....
Savagegeese youtube channel is pretty good for car reviews (not mustang specific but he has some great s550 videos)... i feel the same way you do about NFL for religion haha

radar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible 5 Litre V8
Is he same as so many YouTubers?
could summarize everything in 90 seconds, but video rambles for 20 minutes.

Coloradoeco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 eco pp
No, his videos are usually longer, haha ...no in all seriousness, they are a pretty good channel. They usually have the cars on a lift and go over all aspects, which is what you want when researching a car, but yes they are very in depth and have a sense of humor. Better production value than most channels and he is brutally honest